Invest In An Amazing Brewery (NOT A DAMN KICK STARTER)

PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
edited April 2015 in Food & Drink

Actually make money on your investment. Invest in stock before it is publically listed. It's like stock options. It's like printing money. It's like fucking Brew Dog opened the doors to their profit engine and invited you and you spent your money on hamburgers and video games instead because you don't like your future. OR DO YOU?

Here's the deal. Brew Dog occasionally allows the public to actually buy stock in their company. Not "lol you get a tshirt if you invest money" -- instead actual this is part of your retirement money. You make money off of this. You put your money to work for you. And you get some amazing perks -- like free beer on your birthday, discounts internationally at Brew Dog's bars. There's more, and you can read about it in their legit prospectus.

Investments are first come first serve until they make 25 million. Frankly, I invested. As such, I got a referral code. If you invest, you should do the right thing and use it. Why? Because if you do, I stand a chance to make a trip to hang out with the brewers of Brew Dog and tell you people about it. So if you decide to do the best thing you can do for future you, and invest in this company, you may as well enter my referral code. It's:

R739937

I already have a couple referrals and I'd appreciate about 38 more.

THANKS

<3,
beer

TushonUPSLynxmertesnLinc_k

Comments

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Minimum Investment is currently $142.78. They re an incredibly fast growing brewery out of Scotland and one of the only UK breweries that actually try interesting shit.

Plus they certainly know how to market themselves.

PirateNinja
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I love Brewdog so much. I wish I could actually take advantage of most of these perks stateside :/

• I buy EA shit all the time, and I know it is money I will never see again. I buy AMD shit, same thing kind of .. sort of.
    This is an actual investment opportunity in to a self driven brand that doesn't need shit head marketers like myself. It's an actual good chance to put your money to work for you. Fuck the 100% cotton Tee and any other perk they offer. This is about money, beer, and being an adult (kind of).

I will use my proceeds in 4 years to take the fam to disneyworld, because when they actually go public this will blow up some. Meanwhile, the more micro beer american nutcases that hear about this the greater the value of the stock.

Essentially, we get pre-ipo stock options without working for the company. That /never/ happens.

Anyway, no matter who invests in what, I'd love to see more Brewdog in the US. All I can get at the moment is Tokyo.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    I buy EA shit all the time, and I know it is money I will never see again. I buy AMD shit, same thing kind of .. sort of.
    This is an actual investment opportunity in to a self driven brand that doesn't need shit head marketers like myself. It's an actual good chance to put your money to work for you. Fuck the 100% cotton Tee and any other perk they offer. This is about money, beer, and being an adult (kind of).

I will use my proceeds in 4 years to take the fam to disneyworld, because when they actually go public this will blow up some. Meanwhile, the more micro beer american nutcases that hear about this the greater the value of the stock.

Essentially, we get pre-ipo stock options without working for the company. That /never/ happens.

Anyway, no matter who invests in what, I'd love to see more Brewdog in the US. All I can get at the moment is Tokyo.

Jesus how much did you invest if you plan on Disneyworld. I can get about 4 different Brew Dog beers here :pimp:

edited April 2015

IF they go public, right? If they go public, maybe you bank. If they don't, then at least you get a free beer on your birthday?

PirateNinja
    edited April 2015

I mean, when you buy an EA game, it's not an investment. You get a tangible game you can play right here, right now. It doesn't come with the promise of maybe making it big later one. you enjoy it for a few months and move on. Also, that only runs you ~$50.

I get the business of investing. I just don't really see this as a sure enough deal to want to drop a few hundreds on it. Doesn't seem like the best bet if I'm hoping to fund a family vacation and other stuff on it, unless I'm just not getting it.

And don't get me wrong, I really love Brew Dog, and I think this is pretty sweet. I would just be more inclined to dump money into it if I could take advantage of a bunch of the stuff you get for investing. Doesn't make it any more or less of being an adult.

• No I only bought two shares, the minimum. I'm not counting on the money for anything but whatever it is worth in four years I'm selling. Also you can sell shares of they go public or not. Of course there is no guarantee of profit but any time you buy a tangible good it's an immediate 100% loss. Anyway it isn't for everyone but I think it's a refreshing way of raising funds because kick starters are nice but they are just people asking for mostly free money.

• This is all @Basil s fault. Stupid sexy basil.

UPSLynxBasil
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

There's a little bit of info in their FAQ that is probably relevant to most Icrontians:

I live outside the UK! Can I invest?

Our offer is openin the following countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, The Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.

So... at least according to their FAQ, people in the US shouldn't be buying their stock.

• They aren't allowed to market/direct sell the stock to the US because of old investment law circa 1930s but you can still buy it as a foreign transaction which is I assume why they accepted my order. If you want to kick back and wait I'll let you know if my transaction goes through (ie. I'll let you know when they actually issue me the stock certificates).

If it doesn't work out, well then I'm a huge tool (I may be anyway) and this whole thing has been silly.

• Yeah I dived in to this a bit, and the essence is if they added the US to that list then they would be blocking people from the US to buying it because that would be considered direct selling.
    The law is in short: We are allowed to buy foreign securities as long as the seller of them didn't offer them to us AND the transaction was handled in a foreign land AND the seller doesn't know where our physical person is located at the time of purchase.

If you compare their past prospectuses to this one you see that they are actually working with that law and opening themselves to US investment by pretending the US doesn't exist but acknowledging that you can buy the security based on the above.

But I'll be sure to post when I get issued the actual stock.

LincBobbyDigi
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Please do. Watching this.

• Have dropped a line with BrewDog requesting clarification of their prospectus. I'll let you guys know the result when I have it. As a side, my sincere apology to anybody I offended with the title of this post.

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian

Although I have received nothing in the mail, after a long time the website now shows my shares as issued. Brewdog's response to my inquiry on the matter:

"Our prospectus is passported into the European Union, however it currently is not regulated in the USA. This is a top priority for us though, and we are looking to open Equity for Punks in the USA as soon as possible. In the meantime, US residents should only invest if they are satisfied themselves that they are eligible. We've passported all of the prospectuses for each country here. "

So per the previous legal blablabla in the thread, it seems all is well in the land of beer. Although, to be honest, I'd be very surprised if they ever shipped me my birthday beers.

• Since one of you (anon, but I know who you are!) bought my sales pitch here and bought in I wanted to update. If you haven't already got an invite to the new shareholder website you should get it soon. I just got mine, and immediately searched the forum for "certificate". Sure enough, someone who bought a few months ago asked when certs would be issued, and essentially they came on and said the same thing as their literature: they will be released in batches up until 2016. So it could still be a while before we get our certs, id card, and beer bucks. Or it could be soon if we are in one of the first batches.

https://www.equitypunks.com/forum/general-discussion/152153-shareholder-certificates-for-efp-iv

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I'd definitely be in if we could get their beer club delivery here. Not being able to get beer delivered in the US (or even wine in some states) is the most backwards, anti-consumer, Puritanistic BS. /rant

PirateNinja
  • More for @Myrmidon than anything else, since he wanted updates:

I forgot to mention I got my shareholder ID and certificates issued August 4. Well, either I forgot to mention or I just now noticed. You decide.

• So they are going to open a US brewery in Columbus, and have announced an American Equity for Punks campaign.

Garg