This camping trip will be

13»

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@malia said:
    I feel like I need to redeem the group (or at least myself) here. Just because RyanFodder didn't know about it, it doesn't mean a first aid kit didn't exist on prior camping trips. So there :P

I never said I didn't know about one, just that there are other options if things got bad enough that "shattering" is used ;)

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

I won't be upset, just disappointed. No shattering!

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

@RyanFodder said:

Hack saws, twine tourniquets and a splash of fresh pine leg splints!

RyanFodder
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

Iowa City has at the most doctors per capita in the US so as long as you don't bleed out in 15 minutes, you'll be fine. Also I'm going. If someone can loan me camping gear I can stay the night.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I've got @Signal covered for a tent, if someone else can supply sleeping bag + anything else.

• Extra sleeping bag packed for @signal or anyone else. Nothing super nice, but it's a bag to sleep in.

Extra last minute reminders:

• Forecast does still call for rain (some thunderstorms). Less than before, though.
    • Pillow! Sleeping on the ground can suck, sleeping without a pillow is worse, imo.
    • Allergy medication for those with pollen issues.
    Ryder
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2015

I have used a ziploc bag of spare clothes propped up with a hiking boot as a pillow before. You go to some extremes when backpacking though.

TiberiusLazarusFettBaconcola
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I've forgotten my pillow before, it's not great but you can improvise a bit.
    We've got one of these in BC but my step-mother is the only one who uses it. Bathe in the lake ^_^

Its going to still be teeth... shatteringly... cold to bath in the lake.

Massalinie

Does anybody have a 12V portable inflator pump? Apparently we borrowed the one we took to Yellowstone and I was just made aware now that we don't actually own one.

The only one I have is made for the air mattress I have.

I went out and bought one

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

Wow that is a full vehicle. Sorry I missed your pump question, I do have one that plugs into a cigarette lighter which I could have brought. We're using self inflaties.

Making good time. Currently stopped for breakfast in Benton Harbor, MI.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

What did you rent?

• SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited May 2015

Looks like an Chevy HHR packed with impressive tetris skills.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Its a Jeep Patriot.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

I should be heading your way early tomorrow morning. Should I bring firewood? I can bring a cast iron pan if another one would be beneficial. Also, I can bring homebrew.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited May 2015

@Signal said:
    I should be heading your way early tomorrow morning. Should I bring firewood? I can bring a cast iron pan if another one would be beneficial. Also, I can bring homebrew.

Per @RyanFodder (who is driving): Homebrew and firewood (if legal to transport) would both be awesome.

Ps...on our way!!

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Man I'm gonna try to figure out a way to go, sans Nicole. She's going to Toronto for TCAF and she's taking our car (I still haven't bought one yet). Don't count on me, but I'm going to try to wrangle something :(

When I first read this I thought you were trying to leave her at home. I was thinking "that's not very nice". Hehe

• DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian

The above event was a great success! Glad I got to see everyone, and What a turn-out!

primesuspectBobbyDigiMassalinie
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Surprise Lincoln. I reverse-jimmy'd Jimmy.

TiberiusLazarusChoochRyanFodderRyder
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Why is your beard so beard right now?

UPSLynx

shrug