CivV Icrontic 2x4 - Twin Flames 3 - Flames of Peace [Finished]

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited July 2016 in Civilization
Time for a new Twin Flames game. This time: no fighting.

Note for those who haven't tried the mode: If we turn the game to 'always peace' war declarations will simply never be an option, even against city states, but we will still have to defend ourselves against barbarians. Those barbs will be aggressive, plan accordingly.

Was the map size better this time? any other settings suggestions?

Teams are random, and these are they:

Team 1:
@Karma
@Tushon

Team 2:
@Basil
@PirateNinja

Team 3:
@bells
@GHoosdum

Team 4:
@CrazyJoe
@CB

Note: This discussion was created from comments split from: Civ 5 - 2x4 Twin Flames 2.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

That was fun, who's up for another? Perhaps a non-military version of 2x4 this time?

Basil
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I would like that

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian

Sounds great.

If we go that route I would request no Venice as that would eat up a world congress victory attempt by taking the city states. I think it's important in non-military games to have at least 3 solid victory types (culture,congress,science) otherwise we will cannibalize ourselves and the game will go on forever.

Garg
    edited May 2015

Good call. For the same reason we should probably also exclude Austria.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Babylon! FEAR MY SCIENTISTS.

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian

In.

In. Are we doing an ocean map again?

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Suggestions are welcome, but the default the plan was Tiny Islands again, I like that it allows us more freedom to settle all around the world instead of forming a cohesive state. It'll be even more so in a peace game.

I thought the last map was a great size for Tiny Islands. Barbs will not be much of an issue short of protecting sea trade routes, so I'd be up for any level of aggressive barbs.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

In.

I'll play.

Yeah high barbarian aggression sounds like a good idea since we'll be peaceful with each other.

Also, in.

• bellsbells Gaming? I'm in! Ypsilanti, MI Member

In, please!

edited May 2015

That's 8. I'll rando the teams and report back.

Karen, do you GMR already? It's okay if you don't yet. We can help you get set up with it. I just haven't seen you in a GMR before. :)

Teams are randoed. Some of them look familiar. blame random.org

Get with your teamy, and choose a civ (civs that absorb CS are disallowed). Report back with your selection. When you have you choices, we'll start the game.

I can see the future! A year and a half from now, Team 2 will win. Damn you, random.org!

I don't know; so far the Basil/PirateNinja powerhouse has relied on muscle. How will they do without their pointy toys?

• bellsbells Gaming? I'm in! Ypsilanti, MI Member

@CB said:
    That's 8. I'll rando the teams and report back.

Karen, do you GMR already? It's okay if you don't yet. We can help you get set up with it. I just haven't seen you in a GMR before. :)

Nope...! ^_^; help would be awesome.

So start out at http://multiplayerrobot.com/

and follow the instructions there. Basically: You'll need the client, and you'll sign up for the game through GMR, and GMR will manage your turns.

If this is the only GMR game you play, you might want to turn on e-mail notifications instead of having the client open all the time. In the last Twin Flames game, I think we were getting through a full turn once every two days or so.

To clarify: one of the "rules" is both people on the team are the same civ, right?

Yes, that is still the thing.

Okay, let's get this going. Bring forth a GMR link, kind sir.

@Tushon said:
    Okay, let's get this going. Bring forth a GMR link, kind sir.

Ping? I want to get my peace on.

Oh, sorry. I was waiting for nationalities to be decided, but I guess we can just choose them on the site.

I've invited everyone to the game except Karma and bells, for whom I don't know GMR IDs.

I think @Karma and I were going to use Babylon, but I don't see that in the list of civs?

What are we using as our starting era?

What do you think, Classical? Medieval?

@CB said:
    Oh, sorry. I was waiting for nationalities to be decided, but I guess we can just choose them on the site.

I've invited everyone to the game except Karma and bells, for whom I don't know GMR IDs.

Uh where is said GMR ID? I thought it pretty much operated over steam id thingies.

It does, but you have to log into GMR with your Steam ID, then tell me what that Steam ID is because you and I are not friends. for whatever reason.