Loot changes, itemization changes coming in 6.2

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
edited May 2015 in World of Warcraft

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19162236/dev-watercooler-itemization-in-62-5-20-2015

The Personal Loot system offers several advantages to certain group types, but there are still several areas where we think we can make improvements. Our goals with Personal Loot going forward are threefold:
Make Personal Loot more consistent and rewarding.
Bring Personal Loot up to be competitive with Group Loot, so players who prefer Personal Loot receive rewards comparable to those you get from groups using Master Loot or Need/Greed.
Celebrate rewarding Personal Loot within the group in a way that captures the excitement of receiving rewards in Group Loot.

Secondary Stats

In the early days of World of Warcraft, Raid bosses didn’t have that many items to drop—there were only 150 items in all of Molten Core, and more than half of those were set items. This small amount of total gear in a Raid meant there might only have been one or two items per slot in an entire tier that were appropriate for your class—and if you were a Hunter or a Shaman in a place like Molten Core, that meant your only option for a belt in the entire Raid zone was your class set piece. On top of that, if an item wasn’t class restricted, it was shared between many other specializations with wildly different ideas of which stats were good or bad. When very few items were available to fill any given slot, the desire to make sure they were useful for many specs led us to keep from straying too far from a 50/50 split on secondary stats.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2015

Finally confirmed: personal loot is inferior after a certain point in progression. Not paranoia after all!

//EDIT: Full blog read. Very good thoughts on itemization, and I agree completely. I often find myself disillusioned with BRF loot precisely because I have no need to progress further than Iron Maidens. If we can reliably kill them, then there is no material benefit for me to keep raiding unless we went to Mythic. Blackhand and Blast Furnace offer nothing to me, and it's dispiriting.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2015

New patch notes as of the 26th: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18539917/62-ptr-patch-notes-may-26-5-26-2015

Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry Changes

A raid-wide debuff has been added to reduce damage dealt by all creatures and NPCs in Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulty.
    The achievements, Ahead of the Curve: Imperator's Fall, Cutting Edge: Imperator's Fall, Ahead of the Curve: Blackhand's Crucible, and Cutting Edge: Blackhand's Crucible are no longer obtainable.

New recipes for mass milling of Draenor herbs have been added, allowing 20 herbs to be milled at once.

Shaman - Elemental
    Elemental Overload now increases multistrike damage by 20% (down from 35%).
    Lava Surge now lasts for 10 seconds (up from 6 seconds).

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Note: These are for the PTR patch notes, not current game.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Based on the thread title, why would you think these are patch notes for current content? ;)