Expo Beer Tasting Info

aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politicoIndianapolis, IN Icrontian
edited June 2015 in Events

Hey guys,

So I was at an event for a friend of mine and I managed to meet the owner of Sun King Brewery here in Indianapolis. For those of you who don't know, Sun King is a local craft brewery that produces, in my opinion, some really great beer. As a few of you may know, I am planning on bringing some Sun King to Expo for you all to try some Indiana fare. So I told him about this and asked him how much it would cost for a case (16 count to start). He gave me his business card and said that we could work something out, but he needs some info first. So here's the deal, I am starting this thread so that I can get the info I need. Then, on Tuesday, I will send him an email, with the link to this thread, and see if I can work something out with him.

So the information he needs are as follows (please put it in this thread),

• How many people are attending?
  • What is the organization of our group? (Is it loose, as in we have no organization except once a year?)
  • What kind of beer do the people attending like? (Options are available in the poll. The highest 3 will be allowed to be included. Sun King Wee Mac Scottish Style Ale will come with me automatically. I am also adding the full list of their beers to this thread. Please specify which ones you would like. I am listing only a few types in the poll.
    http://www.sunkingbrewing.com/full-list.html )

I believe that if we are able to seal the deal, this will help us in the long run, especially if we have an IC Indiana (a topic for another thread).

I hope to hear from you soon!

aspieRommel

Expo Beer Tasting Info 8 votes

India Pale Ale
0%
Cream Ale
25%
ThraxBobbyDigi 2 votes
Pilsner
0%
Blonde Ale
0%
Amber
0%
Stout (Imperial, Oatmeal, etc. Please specify below)
62%
GargMAGICBandrikAlexDeGruvenRyanMM 5 votes
Pale Ale
12%
UPSLynx 1 vote
Porter
0%

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2015
    Stout (Imperial, Oatmeal, etc. Please specify below)

I feel like a brewery's Amber Ale and Imperial Stout usually serve as good indicator beers. And it's always stout season.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Cream Ale

How many people are attending?

The Red Carpet thread is a good indication of that.

What is the organization of our group? (Is it loose, as in we have no organization except once a year?)

We're Rad. Icrontians get together multiple times a year and have been for many years. This year's events can be seen in the event planning thread. More Icrontic history here. We're a huge group of friends.

What kind of beer do the people attending like?

I love stouts. Cream stouts are the best. I also like Vanilla ales. Any of the infused stouts on that list sound delicious to me except for the chili ones. Not a fan of spice in my drinks in general.

-Digi

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@BobbyDigi I'm trying to keep the info in one place here. If you could put it on this thread, that would be great. (Expecting "Office Space" meme)

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

We can't combine the 2 threads if that is what you mean.
    Looking at the comments there are 48 people registered for Expo, but not all will drink beer :)

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Pale Ale

Osiris Pale Ale is the best and should be the only option. I love it so much.

@Ryder said:
    We can't combine the 2 threads if that is what you mean.
    Looking at the comments there are 48 people registered for Expo, but not all will drink beer :)

I wasn't saying to combine the two threads, I was just saying I needed the basic info on this thread, for the sake of easy access. For example, what you said, as highlighted in bold, is a good start. So the next question would be:

How many people are going to participate in the beer tasting? (Those people should be the only ones that should be responding to the poll for the purpose of accurate results.)

As for the history, I'll go ahead and include that in the email, but the rest of the info I will need on here.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Cream Ale

At the expense of sounding like a dick:

Lots of people are bringing beloved local beer to EPIC to share with friends. It's a tradition! The money you spend to bring your favorite local beer will definitely be paid back in being able to try the local beers imported from other areas of the country. Everybody wins.

Rather than trying to organize a complicated tasting with two weeks to go, why not just bring a mix of Sun King brews to share with the beer fridge?

primesuspectCBBobbyDigiChoochGnomeQueenMAGIC
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Aspierommel we have an official Expo event that is a beer tasting that is run by @RyanMM. As Thrax mentioned, just bring your local brews and share with the crew and you can share what everybody else brings. It's very informal :)

BobbyDigiGnomeQueen

O> @Thrax said:

At the expense of sounding like a dick:

Lots of people are bringing beloved local beer to EPIC to share with friends. It's a tradition! The money you spend to bring your favorite local beer will definitely be paid back in being able to try the local beers imported from other areas of the country. Everybody wins.

Rather than trying to organize a complicated tasting with two weeks to go, why not just bring a mix of Sun King brews to share with the beer fridge?

I wasn't trying to organize anything. I am just trying to figure out what to bring and give you guys an opinion of what you would like to try. It was either that or "owner's choice". If it sounds like I was trying to set something up, that's not the case.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2015
    Cream Ale

I think the confusion started with your title @aspieRommel. The title sounds like you are planning an official tasting. Reading the post I took it as "What beers should I bring guys?"

Then you posted "How many people are going to participate in the beer tasting?" and things changed. That indicates you are planning an event for people to participate in and not just looking for opinions on what to bring.

Stop calling it a beer tasting and the confusion should stop ;)

-Digi

GnomeQueenChooch
This discussion has been closed.