I need some Volunteers!

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
edited May 2015 in Events

When: Wednesday 2pm until I dismiss you
What: Lan Setup - tables, chairs, power, network cabling.
RSVP: no, please just be there at 2pm and be ready to work.

I am also looking for a couple things:
If any of you have access to some long standard PC power cords. I mean 10 feet or longer. Can we arrange shipment to me or ICHQ. You can bring them with you, but I need them by Wednesday 2pm. If you aren't going to be there by then, let's make other arrangements.

Ideas.. I want to put the switches up in the floor joists this year or at least maybe hang them from the joists. Not sure about using screws, have to talk to Lincoln about that yet. If we do use them, want to keep it very minimal. Any idea you have that consists of few/cheap materials will be welcomed.
We may just be able to use zip ties like we have before.

primesuspectLincBobbyDigi

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Chaining zip ties is totally legit.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Let me know if you want me to grab some specific power cords off Amazon. We do have an equipment budget; my only big purchase this year was gonna be a few more fans and lamps.

BobbyDigi
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@DeathJester and I will be there. While I won't outright volunteer him, I'm the guy with the car and I plan on helping so...

RyderBobbyDigi

I should also be there, btw.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

How many 10' C13 Power Cords do you need? I can... borrow 10' ones fairly easy. Not sure about anything longer.

And I plan on being there on Tuesday night... as of right now.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2015

I need 4. I also don't really know the length. It will all depend on if the switches even fit between the joists.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I'll bring some 15' Edison to Edison extention cables with me if we need to make longer runs for switch power.

• DeathJesterDeathJester Lone Wolf Oklahoma Icrontian

@mertesn said:
    DeathJester and I will be there. While I won't outright volunteer him, I'm the guy with the car and I plan on helping so...

I just assumed I'd help with whatever... I mean, in!

I will bring at least 3 of my 25-foot quad outlet cords... I'll bring my normal tools too.

Since we are less than a week out, time to get serious.

@Linc
    When are tables and chairs being delivered?
    Will we be able to pass through that window again or does that create other problems?

I have @Sonorous @QCH @mertesn @DeathJester as volunteers. Has your status changed since you volunteered?

Thanks.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Tables & Chairs are being delivered on Tuesday the 23rd.

Ryder
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I'm still in. Any requests for stuff to bring for setup, tools and whatnot?

I should also be around.

I will have my toolbag - screwdrivers, wire cutters, RJ-45 ends and tools, etc. I don't think we really need too many tools.

If anyone has a good network cable tester, that would be great. Most of what we plug in works first time, but testing before we plug in would be cool.
    In fact, I might just order one, mine is no longer functioning.

• @Tushon said:
    I should also be around.

I'm bringing my tools, including two CAT5 cable testers, 4 x 25' dual duplex outlet extension cords, 8 x 10' C13 Power Cords... I'll be in midafternoon on Tuesday.

• DeathJesterDeathJester Lone Wolf Oklahoma Icrontian

Still in

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

Are we going to have wifi coverage? I don't plan on gaming, but I'm bringing a tablet and wouldn't mind having an internet connection nonetheless. I can bring a basic wireless router if we need one.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:
    Are we going to have wifi coverage? I don't plan on gaming, but I'm bringing a tablet and wouldn't mind having an internet connection nonetheless. I can bring a basic wireless router if we need one.

The WiFi be strong here, bruh. Great for tablets. No need to bring a router.

GHoosdum

I also setup a Wifi access point so that you are on the LAN side of things too. Everything still goes through ICHQ's internet connection, but it helps relieve a little bit of stress on the smoothwall box.

@GHoosdum said:
    I don't plan on gaming

BLASPHEMY!!!

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

@mertesn said:
    BLASPHEMY!!!

NOH8

@GHoosdum said:
    NOH8

ALLTHEH8