PC Share at Expo?

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian

As a flyer, I'm not bringing along a gaming capable PC. I'll have a laptop, but it barely runs Outlook.

In the past, I've typically played games on @primesuspect Uber laptop, but that thing recently passed away.

Anyone have a laptop/PC that they'd be willing to let me use? It doesn't need to be a dedicated machine - I'm really only interested in playing the TF2 tourney. If so, I'll love you long time and buy you a beer or something.

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian

This is where it'd be awesome to have the Steam streaming feature somehow let guests piggyback off your hardware to run a game. We could probably manage to run 3-4 people per real gaming rig that way.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

If someone has a GPU for an HP Elitebook 8740W, it'll be good to go!

UPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@pseudonym said:
    Pseudo has desktop. Pseudo might allow use. Pseudo needs early access to new Star Wars game.

I know a guy. Let's make that happen.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I have a laptop that will burn your wrists.... But it will work for an hour or so...

DontCallMeKelso
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    I know a guy. Let's make that happen.

Deal!

DontCallMeKelsoPirateNinjaChooch
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I also would like a PC for the decathalon and TF2 tourney.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I'm working on doing some inventorying at the office today, and I may uncover some dusty PC parts that end up cobbled together for this purpose. Send me helping reiki signals.

Chooch
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@RyanMM said:
    I'm working on doing some inventorying at the office today, and I may uncover some dusty PC parts that end up cobbled together for this purpose. Send me helping reiki signals.

I'll be there Tuesday afternoon, if you need help building machines, let me know.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Tushon said:
    I also would like a PC for the decathalon and TF2 tourney.

Laptop works well for this. Also runs Minecraft... you may need an ice pack for tf2 though.

What's the bare minimum GPU needed for the Decathalon and TF2 tourney? I think that may be the bottleneck in the stuff I have on hand, I don't like to keep any of that stuff around since it degrades in value so quickly.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    If someone has a GPU for an HP Elitebook 8740W, it'll be good to go!

Ebay is your friend... Looks like anywhere from $50-450 depending on which GPU you want in there.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I couldn't find one on Ebay that wasn't over $1000. Can you send me some links via ICPM or otherwise?

@primesuspect said:
    I couldn't find one on Ebay that wasn't over $1000. Can you send me some links via ICPM or otherwise?

Why u no bake your GPU? ;)

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Mine is available for Minecraft & Decathalon, but not TF2.

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

I have a whole computer in parts floating around if we need to build something. Also, its all for sale. Take my parts, please!

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    Anyone have a laptop/PC that they'd be willing to let me use? It doesn't need to be a dedicated machine - I'm really only interested in playing the TF2 tourney. If so, I'll love you long time and buy you a beer or something.

I do have a keyboard you could borrow.

_k

@RyanMM said:
    What's the bare minimum GPU needed for the Decathalon and TF2 tourney? I think that may be the bottleneck in the stuff I have on hand, I don't like to keep any of that stuff around since it degrades in value so quickly.

I have a spare 5770 I could bring. It'll do all the usual games no prob.

RyanMM
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

I have a 5830 I can bring too. Definitely play minecraft and tf2. needs 2 x PCI-e though.

@Ryder said:
    I have a 5830 I can bring too. Definitely play minecraft and tf2. needs 2 x PCI-e though.

Two adjacent slots or two actual PCI-e x16 ports?

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

2 pcie power from the psu, not slots, sorry.

RyanMM

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the heasd-up on that.

Is 75GB a sufficient amount of free disk space for the games in the decathlon?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Probably?

Shared PC #1 assembled and running Windows 7 x64.
    Q6600, 4GB, Radeon 4850.

ChoochprimesuspectBobbyDigiGarg

@RyanMM said:
    Is 75GB a sufficient amount of free disk space for the games in the decathlon?

That'll be fine. We're doing old or small games.