2015 Bike & Brew

djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
edited June 2015 in Events

I'm sorry for the late notice, but Bike & Brew is on like Donkey Dong.

This year we will be touring a few breweries, and will also be part of the food tour. The food tour is open to anyone, not just participants in the bike tour.

We will hit up these breweries:

Motor City Brew Works
Traffic Jam & Snug
Batch Brewery

The food tour will be at Batch Brewery.

We will also be cycling along the riverfront, and riding through Roosevelt Park next to the iconic Michigan Central Station.

This ride will be pretty chill. Slow pace, nice scenery, and beer!

We are prepared to pick up bikes and drive people back to ICHQ if anyone gets too drunk. Be safe!

I'm not going to collect any money. First, I want to gauge participation to see how many bikes we'll need. If there are a lot of participants, we may rent some bikes, and I'll collect a couple bucks from everyone to spread out the cost. Bring your own bike if you can!

Bring some beer and food money. I'm guessing around $30-$50.

Let me know if you're in by responding to this thread by Wednesday, June 24, 5:00pm if you're in.. We need this information to figure out how many bikes we need.

I'm still working on the route, but I'll post it tomorrow.

In so far:

pseudbronym*
liz*
TiberiusLazarus
Tushon
Massalinie
FettBacon
GHoodsum
Strikes
Magic*
Q*
Malia
cannonfodder

Comments

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I will not be biking, but I fully intend to join y'all at Batch at the very least. Please stress test the WiFi there, I set it up. ;)

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

In. Liz will most likely join us for this one as well. We have our bikes obv.

djmeph
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2015

Out, not even going to be in town, can't even legally drink but...... Whtup?

EDIT: Damn it comically smartass pic you no display other than image link thing?!?!?!?!

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian

Click the name of the file, see if your browser software displays the pic-- it should.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

If we can get the chat up and running this week, I'd like to keep tabs on where people are at when things finish up. I'll be at a work event until around 8pm at Ford Field.

• I like bikes (in).

djmeph
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

In

djmeph
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

Definitely in!

djmeph
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

In

djmeph
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I plan to be in. I'm not planning to bring bikes like I did last year since it was a pain in the dick for my drive time.

djmeph
  • StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE Icrontian

In.

djmeph
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

In, did not bring bike.

djmeph
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

in and brought my bike...

djmeph
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

In, bringing bike.

djmephRyder
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

... Will anyone be driving between locations? Uncoordinated gimps need to know.

• djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian

Here is a link to tomorrow's route:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/759634473

I highly recommend downloading the MapMyRide app, which is available for iOS and Android. You can log your ride and share it with your friends. :-) We'll be riding at a pace of 5-8mph.

We've got all of the bikes secured for this ride. It will cost $80 to rent the bikes we don't have. Do you guys think we should split this among the group? There are 8 people who didn't bring bikes, so if you can all chip in $10 each that will work out great.

We'll need to meet up at 3:00 to get ready. One group will be heading to Virginia Park by bike, and the other will go by car. That is where we will pick up the rental bikes and begin the journey!

Other than that, we'll need to return the rental bikes between 9-10pm.

Email me if you have any questions. norm.witte@gmail.com

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2015

Apparently I didn't see this thread. I thought I was already signed up, but that must have been Eventbrite. Anyway, let me know if it's possible for me to rent a bike and jump in tomorrow.

Nevermind, I just realized I'm going to be way too tired to ride a bike and drink brews tomorrow if I'm not asleep yet.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

@GnobQueef said:
    ... Will anyone be driving between locations? Uncoordinated gimps need to know.

I will be driving with @LeahVoice to Batch, but probably coming back to ICHQ afterwards.

Start gathering in the carriage house at 3:30 for the bike tour. We're going to need to start fitting people and hopefully get started at 4:00.

If you didn't bring a bike, please bring $10 to chip in for rental.