Terraria massive content patch 1.3 is out

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

A huge update to the 4-year-old game:

BobbyDigi

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

Steam achievements are a cool new addition. Hats?

• Howdy folks.
    Any interest in a private Icrontic server? I know I hosted one about 4 years ago. I'm willing to do so again since the game is apparently going to be new to most of us again. Now with ultra-mega-hurtz compooter and fiber optical-drive Interwenbnet. If I can get about 4+ ins I'll make server.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I mean: It's still not a game with infinite continued play on one server, right? Last time I played you could plow through all the content of a world in like 30 hours, and then it was over. Have they changed it all that much?

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited July 2015

@CB - In short? Yes.
    Long version: Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss. For frame of reference, last time I ran with a character (for the most part solo, mind you), I played for weeks and weeks.

I would be down, @PirateNinja - I generally jump back into the game whenever a huge content update comes out. Terarria holds a special place in my heart- it was the last game I got to play with @SpencerForHire before he left us. Still have that world saved on Dropbox, in fact.
    My 1.2 revival thread from the last huge update is here, with pics from the old IC world.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

You have my interest in a group server. Played for a few hours last night and had fun. Would like to play with others that know a bit more about the game. Trying not to Wiki my experience but shit showing up in unexpected paces is getting a bit annoying. Spawning enemies does not seem to be based off light as in Minecraft.

-Digi

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited July 2015

The only real places that you're "safe" from enemy spawns is in the "town" that you build, wherever you build their houses. The more NPCs you get together in one place to join you, the farther out enemy spawns will be from there. Otherwise, enemies can spawn about any time, yes.

If that sounds a little confusing, it's not, really. Just gotta learn the ropes. ;) Terraria's a game that's quite built around a co-operative experience, especially on larger worlds.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2015

@PirateNinja

There are 3-4 of us who would play on the server. :D

@BHHammy @oni_dels Maybe @Koreish and Butters

-Digi

oni_delsPirateNinjaBHHammy
  • Neat guys. I'm out of town for a bit, I can set us up when I get back in about 4 days.

oni_delsBobbyDigiBHHammy
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian