WoW Technical issues

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian

I recently got back into WoW, milked the trial for all I could get and now intend on upgrading. So I bought a two month card, so I go to use said card and it doesn't even give me the option, wants me to buy the game even though I own it, hard disk, Base to Lich King (Or cat I forget which one is newer) but apparently all you need is the base now and they give you all expansions up to Pandaria. So my question is, what bloody gives. Can I resolve this, or should I just roll with it scrape up the $60 and get the Draenor bundle as to be up to date.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Looking at the product page, it would appear that you have to purchase at least the base game and Draenor expansion, as you indicated. $50+$20 and you'll get a month of game time with that and you'll be able to add your two months to your account.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@Creeperbane2 said:
    ...wants me to buy the game even though I own it, hard disk, Base to Lich King (Or cat I forget which one is newer)...

Clarify. Have you purchased the base game in the past?

If not, see Tushon's post above.

-Digi

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited July 2015

It sounds like you started a whole new Battle.net account, instead of continuing with your previous one.
    From what you've said in this thread and in previous discussions I'm certain you've played before and should have a Battle.net account, unless you played a looooooooong time ago.

If you can, log back into your previous account and you should be able to put in that time card. If you can't cause it's deleted, or something then you'll need to roll with this new account and do what Tushon said.

Also kinda related, Blizz recently made some changes so that if you had previously had a full account, you're account gets demoted to a slightly less limited "trial" account when you're out of subscription time, instead of going inactive all together.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2015

@BobbyDigi Long story short, I have had a premium account in the past, let it go because I didn't have the time or money. Since I lost the pass blah blah, point is old account is dead. The new account is the one I am trying to update, I still have the game discs, point is shouldn't I just be able to go from the trial account, drop the code as payment, and have my 2 months of premium.
    @Tushon Figured as much, FOR THE HORDE!

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

No, because your license is associated with your account.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Right, you should be checking with Blizzard support about combining your accounts.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

The best way to think about this is that the data (actual game) is available for free on the web, so owning the data on discs (or on disk... heh heh) doesn't actually mean anything.