MLP: FiM discussion thread

1303132333436»

Comments

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

RahnalH102BobbyDigiChooch
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI
    edited July 2015

Looks like the person running the Hasbro Twitter account blew it. The second half of season five is coming later this year, not six. It's probably so they can build hype for Friendship Games without people being distracted by the main show, or maybe Hasbro just likes causing drama. So after the episode this Saturday, no pone until 10/3.

ChoochRahnalH102
  • StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE

Still better than last hiatus...

Guppy
  • Hello all!

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico

Hello!

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX

I would go to EquestriaLa if @UPSLynx and @DontCallMeKelso went to.

-Digi

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

Season 5 resumes tomorrow with a Rarity episode.

RahnalH102Chooch
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

Mane6's Indiegogo campaign for Them's Fightin Herds went live today.
    https://indiegogo.com/projects/them-s-fightin-herds/

For those of you that don't remember, Mane6 is the team behind Fighting is Magic. After they got C&Ded, they began work on this game with support from Faust herself. The game is a 2D fighter that uses LabZero's engine(the same one used in Skullgirls), and it looks pretty good based on what they have so far. While it's not the MLP:FiM game so many of us wanted, I still think it's worth supporting.

RahnalH102ChoochStrikes
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

Equestria Girls 3: Friendship Games airs tonight at 8PM EST on Discovery Family. There's no theater release for this one like the last two. Equestria Daily has links to streams for tonight.
    equestriadaily.com/2015/09/equestria-girls-and-new-episode.html

BobbyDigiStrikes
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

It's happening again. This Saturday marks the fifth anniversary of MLP's debut. Five years, and the fandom's still around. I still remember when I got into the fandom(early 2011), and I thought it would last about three years at most, but it's still going. Last year's celebration was a good time, and I'm sure this year will be even better. It doesn't matter what site you use to enjoy pony, you're welcome to the event. This is the one day where 4chan, Reddit, EQD, Ponychan, etc. folks come together to have a good time with other fans. So stop on by if you've got time this Saturday.

RahnalH102Strikes
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

RahnalH102
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico
    edited October 2015

Wake up. Check the front page of DA, multiple entries about today's episode. All of 'em say spoiler in the title or thumbnail. Only one actually hides the key change in the thumbnail. That's not how spoiler tags work bro! Specially when it's been 5 years leading up to this.

On that note, I'd be surprised if they didn't plan this to happen on the 5 year anniversary.

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

That sucks. This is one episode you don't want to spoil for people. I wish I could talk about it more, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone here.

RahnalH102
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

One of the former employees of the Hub (the network that originally aired MLP:FiM) uploaded an hour long compilation of promos from the network. There were some great MLP-related ones in there that never aired. They're a great example of just how much the Hub loved to do things for their fans.

This video highlights the brony phenomenon and shows that the network was not only aware of bronies, but thought the fandom was great. It probably never aired because Hasbro has a reputation of not wanting to acknowledge the fandom exists.

This video is a parody of the Maleficent trailer. I never saw it, so I had to watch it before I understood this video.

Trailer for a live-action MLP movie.

UPSLynxRahnalH102
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

Happy New Year to all. May this hiatus be a short one and season six exceed expectations.

RahnalH102StrikesUPSLynx
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

Season 6 is confirmed for starting sometime this spring.

The news isn't all good though. There's a new character in the teaser that's making a lot of people upset: Cadance and Shining Armor's kid Princess Flurry Heart. She's an alicorn. Season six hype destroyed.

People weren't really happy about Cadence if I remember right, so not big surprise.

I'm more curious as to who/what the main villian will be for this one, if they keep with the pattern.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited August 2018

In the beginning: there was irony. Then: a tumor that knew no irony. The tumor became the organism. This should have proven fatal. Alas it was not. Rather than being a joke, it became a joke.

I mix metaphors.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL

We need another stream. It's been too long.

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

The fandom's going to stick around for a while yet. It'll never see 2012-2013 numbers again, but there'll still be people into it. Also Gen 5 is supposed to start not long after Gen 4 ends, so there's still pony to be watched. It won't be the same, but it could be good.

Still, it's going to suck to see it end.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX

New couple being introduced in upcoming episode.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/my-little-pony-introduces-its-first-lesbian-characters-with-same-sex-couple-making-cartoon-debut/ar-AACNY7r

Not ground breaking (Arthur did it first) but cool to see couples of any gender becoming more prevalent and moving towards just being the norm.

-Digi