TF2 Gun Mettle Update

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

(I probably couldn't bring myself to unload my strange minigun, gotta keep count of my pwnage y'know?)

• I just sold a case for $6.00 and I've officially profited off this patch even with the purchase of the ticket. @Linc the next minigun I get goes to you, even if you can't keep your hands off of the strange. An unlikely characteristic for you, indeed.

primesuspectGargRahnalH102Linc
  • FargeFarge Icrontian

I just sold a bloody crate for $10. This bloody ticket is going to keep giving me items til the end of September. They are bloody paying me to play this game, wtf.

GargRahnalH102
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

bought, played, loved.

PirateNinja
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

oni_delsBobbyDigiAlexDeGruvenErrorNullTurnip

not being able to grab ammo out of a fallen enemy is a big change in gameplay, depending on class...

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@oni_dels said:
    not being able to grab ammo out of a fallen enemy is a big change in gameplay, depending on class...

The ammo still drops aside the weapon. So you pick up a medium (100) ammo box instead of the weapon now. Very small change to game play.

-Digi

@_k said:
    Miss Pauling's lines

These are fucking hilarious!!!

-Digi

@BobbyDigi said:
    The ammo still drops aside the weapon. So you pick up a medium (100) ammo box instead of the weapon now. Very small change to game play.

yeah, what i meant was ;
    me: "oh, i'm out of ammo"
    spots a weapon on the ground
    me: "nice, ammo!"
    go on top of said weapon, nothing happens
    me: "oh yeah shit, that's not how it works anymore"

BobbyDigi_k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

I am finding this as a real issue currently. There is a slight compounding effect since now you have "regular" weapons and mettle weapons laying on the ground. Both look different and have different features while on the ground.

In full team clashes I keep screwing up my skirting to vacuum ammo away from the enemies by running over to weapons that aren't ammo any more.

It is a fundamental change to the way that ammo is seen/dropped/collected so you make valid points. As with any change though, you will get used to it and 6 months down the line here you won't give a second thought to weapons on the ground.

BTW I plan to purchase my ticket tonight and dick around for a while if anyone wants to join on me for some dickery.

-Digi

PirateNinjaoni_dels
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

I will dick with you.

BobbyDigi
  • I'm always game for a little dick.

D-:

BobbyDigi

ill be dicking with y'all right after work. already got 3 weapons out of this new thingy (for 2 class i dont even use, so i'm slightly pissed) and plan on getting more of these missions done

BobbyDigi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Did someone say dick?

AnnesBobbyDigiBuddyJ
    edited July 2015

I made a thing on my lunch:

Details of my dive into the Gun Mettle update coming soon™.

Edit to clarify: The Teufort and Craftsmann collections can only be acquired by contract drops, Powerhouse and Concealed Killer collections can only be obtained in the cases. The "Either" in the grid refers to the rarity levels Mercenary and Commando obtainable as the high end of contract drops and the low end from cases. I'll update the image soon.

-Digi

PirateNinjaStrikesCreeperbane2oni_dels
    edited July 2015

BobbyDigi's Gun Mettle Blog: Day 1

Step One: Buy Gun Mettle Campaign Pass

..Might as well pick up a key while I'm here. I figure I'm going to roll the dice at least once during the event.

Step Two: Activate Gun Mettle Campaign Pass

Oooohhhm Shiny... Kinda

"Before"

Aha! Contracts from that little cutie Miss Pauling.

Suijin Contract
    Score points on Suijin: 1 CP
    Defend the objective on Suijin: 10 CP
    (Advanced) Win a round on Suijin: 10 CP

Heavy Contract
    Score Points as Heavy: 2 CP
    Kill a Heavy as Heavy: 4 CP
    (Advanced) Destroy an Engineer's building as Heavy: 10 CP

"This is going to be easy"

Next, I had rallied some Icrontians to dick around with. It is always more fun to play when you can either team or go against people you know. Invited those who were on at the time. Others showed up later.

@Farge and @FettBacon were there to play smooth jazz

Thank you to @Signal @PirateNinja @Massalinie @strikes @oni_dels @_k Desu and anyone else who might have hopped on for dicks.

Heavy contract complete! Bonus complete! Submitted.

:D

Fuck Yeah!

While finishing up the Suijin contract, the lovely Miss Pauling presented me with another contract.

Soldier Contract
    Score points as Soldier: 1 CP
    Secondary weapon kills as Soldier 3 CP
    (Advanced) Kills while blast jumping as Soldier: 10 CP

So I equipped my sweet new Rocket Launcher and went to town on Suijin. Finished up the Suijin contract with full bonus. Submitted.

and...

Nice. Minimal wear, one step below Factory new. Will probably never use.

As I continued on with my Soldier contract, I was reminded many a times how terrible I am at rocket jump kills. At one piont I picked up an Australium Black Box.

I pushed on! While trying, my little hottie Pauling hooked it up with yet another contract.

Borneo Contract
    Score points on Borneo: 1 CP
    Defend the cart on Borneo: 10 CP
    (Advanced) Win a round on Borneo: 10 CP

Borneo is an open enough map to do some rocket jumps. Found a server and joined. Soldier Bonus complete! Submitted.

From what I had gathered from others experiences, I expected a weapons case. I expected right and a bonus jar of piss!

It was then bed time. Borneo will have to wait for now. Took a look at case prices before I headed off to bead. Concealed Killers going for $10 even. "Nice. I may list that in the morning"

Epilog: Cases crashed that night. The same case that was $10 less than 7 hours ago was now $4.50. Oh well. They have come back up slightly but nothing to get excited about. I expect them to go back up after the event when they can not be acquired anymore.

Also Valve made a killing with this update. It was not uncommon all night for the server list to look like this:

That is 17 Campaign coins, over $100 in just this screen shot alone.

I look forward to playing TF2 on pubs again. Having little objectives keeps the fun level up, raises the pissed off level sometimes also :crazy:

-Digi

oni_delsBuddyJStrikesPirateNinja

i did the suijin contract, and a sniper, demo and another one i can't remember (think it was powerhouse related)
    i'll be online late tonight to do more (if another one respawn, there's some downtime in between contract) if any of you are online, i'll join you

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2015

Awesome post and loot @BobbyDigi .
    I played before work and rapidly ran through a demo contract. I luckily snagged a factory new shotgun.

...look how dainty the soldier's manicure is

BobbyDigi_koni_delsRahnalH102

Civil Servant Factory New
    Reclaimed Reanimator Minimal Wear
    Backcountry Blaster Battle Scarred
    Brick House Factory New

PirateNinja
  • Nice oni!

Digi's Gun Mettle Blog: Day 2

Finished up my forth contract, Borneo.

Fingers crossed...

Ahhhhh Yissss

I like it a lot.

-Digi

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I'm still on le fence about picking up a ticket wouldst thou say it's worth it?

I've easily got my $6 worth of fun. Some have sold items and got Steam Wallet value out of them. With just the first four contracts, presuming you get at least one case, you could get a minimum of $5.25 back out of it. The cheapest weapons are down to a dime but you can still get $5 out of a case.

This is as of 11:50pm Pacific 7/9/15. It could, and likely will, be a different story tomorrow.

-Digi

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Yeah it it I'm checking the market place right now, most everything is going for pennies. Also, when did Bill's hats get so cheap, I remember those things were money not too long ago.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian
    edited July 2015

So I opened a crate and found a thing, currently worth $35 on the market but I think I might keep it :X

PirateNinjaoni_delsBobbyDigiRahnalH102

@FettBacon said:
    So I opened a crate and found a thing, currently worth $35 on the market but I think I might keep it :X

Sick dude. Nice find.

-Digi

oni_dels

Reddit User xroxl did us all a solid:

-Digi

I was thinking about TF2 Keys and what you might be able to get with the $2.49 compared to 1 item you would get from a crate. Of coarse there is the ~1% chance of something special (Strange and/or Unusual) on that one item but most likely it will just be a normal weapon. So I did a little experiment.

What Gun Mettle content can I get with $2.49 on the community market? I found out last night through this afternoon.

the answer is this:

Antique Annihilator Minigun (Battle Scared)
    Antique Annihilator Minigun (Well-Worn)
    Antique Annihilator Minigun (Well-Worn)
    Antique Annihilator Minigun (Field-Tested)
    Antique Annihilator Minigun (Minimal Wear)
    Backcountry Blaster Scattergun (Field-Tested)
    Blasted Bombardier Stickybomb Launcher (Well-Worn)
    Blasted Bombardier Stickybomb Launcher (Well-Worn)
    Brick House Minigun (Well-Worn) *
    Brick House Minigun (Well-Worn) *
    Citizen Pain Minigun (Battle Scared)
    Civil Servant Medi Gun (Battle Scared)
    Civil Servant Medi Gun (Well-Worn)
    Civil Servant Medi Gun (Field-Tested)
    Low Profile SMG (Field-Tested) *
    Low Profile SMG (Field-Tested) *
    Masked Mender Medi Gun (Battle Scared) *
    Masked Mender Medi Gun (Field-Tested) *
    Masked Mender Medi Gun (Well-Worn) *
    Mayor Revolver (Battle Scared)
    Mayor Revolver (Well-Worn)
    Mayor Revolver (Well-Worn)
    Mayor Revolver (Field-Tested)
    Old Country Revolver (Field-Tested)
    Old Country Revolver (Well-Worn)
    Old Country Revolver (Battle Scared)
    Reclaimed Reanimator Medi Gun (Field-Tested)
    Reclaimed Reanimator Medi Gun (Well-Worn)
    Smalltown Bringdown Rocket Launcher (Well-Worn)
    Turbine Torcher Flame Thrower (Battle Scared) *
    Turbine Torcher Flame Thrower (Field-Tested) *

31 Weapons total
    26 Unique weapon / condition combinations
    9 weapons that originated from crates, marked with *
    8 different weapons spanning 8 of the 9 classes. Nothing for Engi. Saw at least 5 shotguns go for under a dime but wasn't fast enough to grab 'em.

Didn't pay more than a dime for any given weapon.

What am I going to do with all these weapons?

-Digi

oni_dels
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

So do these weapons do anything different? Or are they basically just skins for the basic weapons?