Taco Bell delivery service starting up

2»

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2015

It's hard to believe you guys didn't have a handful of local Chinese delivery places.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

I have pizza, sandwiches, sushi, steak, chinese, thai, vietnamese, wings, a host of other regular entree places that deliver to me :P.

• LadyChickenLadyChicken Chicken Tender Marshall, Michigan Icrontian

I need this in my life. This had better exist in Michigan by the time I move there.

I currently lack access to Taco Bell breakfast. So anything that would make Taco Bell more accessible to me is awesome.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

According to this user on Reddit (and yes, I sub to /r/tacobell), the delivery service charges pretty much double the cost of your order, which pretty much defeats the purpose :/

https://www.reddit.com/r/tacobell/comments/3cprus/i_tried_the_new_taco_bell_delivery_service/csxtikz

"a $3.99 charge from Taco Bell plus $1 from the company plus 9.78% tax and a 10% driver tip charge"

• LadyChickenLadyChicken Chicken Tender Marshall, Michigan Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    "a $3.99 charge from Taco Bell plus $1 from the company plus 9.78% tax and a 10% driver tip charge"

If you're ordering for a party, where everyone is already intoxicated, it would be perfect. Or pregnant ladies craving taco bell, but are unable to drive. Or teenage kids who don't drive. I can think of a few reasons that it would work out well :)

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

Okay.... in defense of Taco Bell (I never thought I'd say those words), they don't control the tax, and I would assume you have to pay tax on take out as well as delivery, so throw that out of the equation there. As for $1 delivery fee, that's less than most pizza places... and the 10% tip? That's a pretty low tip. You should be tipping any delivery person at least that much. If you're not, you're a pretty lousy human being. So... I guess what I'm saying is, I disagree with their negative assessment of the TBell's delivery.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@ardichoke unless I was reading the link wrong.. It was $3.99 delivery fee plus a $1 from the actual people who bring the food (contracted, I assume). So that is $4.99 over what you would pay at the store if you drove there.

@Ryder said:
    ardichoke unless I was reading the link wrong.. It was $3.99 delivery fee plus a $1 from the actual people who bring the food (contracted, I assume). So that is $4.99 over what you would pay at the store if you drove there.

Nope, you were reading it right, I was reading it incorrectly. 3.99 fee from TBell plus another buck from the delivery service definitely seems excessive to me. I still maintain that they shouldn't be including tax and tip in that calculation though. If you can't afford to tip, you shouldn't be ordering for delivery, and tax has nothing to do with delivery (or Taco Bell... or the delivery service).

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

yes.. including tip and tax when stating something is "too expensive" doesn't add up for me.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

But still. Scenario: house full of drunk people and no DD for a Taco Bell run.

Totally worth it.

GnomeQueen

@AlexDeGruven said:
    But still. Scenario: house full of drunk people and no DD for a Taco Bell run.

Totally worth it.

Absolutely, if you're ordering TBell for a dozen drunk people, that 5 bucks ends up being a drop in the bucket.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Absolutely, if you're ordering TBell for a dozen drunk people, that 5 bucks ends up being a drop in the bucket.

If my history of drunken taco bell is not that unique you'll need that bucket later.

mertesnRyder
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Seriously looking into delivery tonight and have come to the conclusion that as a solo hungry person, it's just not worth it.

If you have a group, sure. Go for it. But since they deliver through a 3rd party and there's tax and stuff, it just isn't worth it to double the cost of your order to have it brought to your door.

Also, expected wait time was 55 minutes. LOL NOPE. I could seriously walk to my nearest taco bell in that time, and save six bucks while I'm at it.

Disappointed in this offering. It's not because it's unreasonable for a delivery service, I totally understand that angle. I'm disappointed because it ruins a big part of what I love about Taco Bell - fast, delicious food that barely costs anything. 2 our of 3 benefits are lost with this delivery service. Not worth it.

Thrax
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

I'm hopeful that if this little experiment turns out successful they will make the effort to fix the issues listed by Lynx and others. But at the same time, if this is successful I know they won't change shit because corporations. If it fails they'll just can the whole thing. So much potential, so much chance for failure.

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian

Man, screw the Amazon delivery drones. Where the hell are my Taco Bell drones?

Gonna be paying THAT much, you'd figure they'd at least fly that shit in by robot. :D

UPSLynx