League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

S

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@Ilriyas said:
    S

Nice! Congrats.

Played another one. This time Zac top, my number one champ in my best role, never have I entered a trade in top lane Zac hasn't been able to come out on top of.

We lost at 30 minutes because a player who had only just made it to level 30 played their first game of ranked with no prep.

0/25 Nunu.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited June 2015

Ouch. There are reasons i don't play ranked yet and that's part of it. I don't feel ready.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

.. Mastery grade?

A couple patches ago Riot launched the Champion Mastery System. Most matches against other players will rate how well you played a champ based on Riot's data. That second circle on Ily's screencap there, the one that has +1222 in it is the meter that shows how well you did on that champ that match. If you hover over it it will show the grade. Do well, you get a bunch of points added to that meter which will level up the more and better you play a champion. You'll earn badges that appear over your champion's icon in your profile and show up during the loading screen for your teammates.

It's way to gauge how well you play a champion vs. everyone else that plays the champ. Get a high enough level and you get a special taunt for that champ that flashes the badge ingame. Riot says they plan on adding much more the the feature. One possibility is special chromas to show you have mastered the champ. Like the mastery skins in HoTS.

GnomeQueen
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

Bitches, it's pool party week, get in hur and fuck.

edited June 2015

Ealier on the PBE if you laughed in the river, a few seconds later, a deep, echoing voice would laugh back.

Classy Southern Demon-Catfish inbound!

Last few PBE stuff has been spell/ability VFX updates for Galio, brand, Corki, and Nautilus,

a new HUD,

and a bunch of balance tweaks, new items, and stuff.

Some more chromas and the next pool party set.

Still waiting on an Osmosis Jones Zac Skin

edited June 2015

Tahm Kench, The River King

Also Gentleman Gnar

It's looking like there will be a Bilgewater event similar to the Shurima or Freijord events. New champ (Tahm Kench,) updates for champs from there (Gangplank and Miss Fortune are scheduled to be next) and other little things are popping up that point to the possibility. We shall see.

Also if you use the "Find a Friend" option in the client to link your Facebook & LoL account, you'll be eligible for a free mystery champion on July 1st or shortly after.

By linking said accounts through that designated system, the feature will look through your friends list to see if any others have done the same then will let you know who you don't have on your friends list and if you want to add them or not. It's all up to you and shouldn't use your feed at all.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Yar it seams a PirateLOL revival be the order of the day.

-Digi

RahnalH102
    edited June 2015

Yarr!

Bilgewater event confirmed.

Butcher's Bridge map for ARAM.

edited July 2015

New PBE update brings the Pirate:

Miss Fortune and Gangplank Visual and Gameplay Updates:

6 Bilgewater Themed Skins 7 if you include ward skins.

Captain Fortune

Cutthroat Graves & Twisted Fate

Sea Hunter Aatrox, Rogue Admiral Garen, and Corsair Quinn

and a new gamemode, "Black Market Brawlers", which will be out for testing soon.

Riot says this is their most complex Temp Gamemode yet.

To summarize, it's a regular Blind draft Summoner's Rift 5v5, but another currency, new Black Market Items, and customizable minions are added to the game. Krakens, the new currency, are earned overtime, through objectives, and kills/assists. Spend them on Brawlers, new minions that you can customize. The new "Black Market" items in the shop have new effects and abilities that shake things up. Such as pulling certain targets to your location, redirecting 60% of all damage a friendly target takes to yourself, teleporting to an ally and taking on their appearance, Teleport on boots, and more.

So in review, we have 1 new champion, a map skin, an all new game mode, 2 champion updates, 6 Pirate skins, and more still for the coming Bildgewater event.

@BobbyDigi said:
    Yar it seems a PirateLOL revival be the order of the day.

-Digi

If they maintain the unofficial schedule they've been having, then the Bilgewater event will be starting real soon. Say next week or the one after.

Should we start tentatively planning the revival?

Next patch will also have the new HUD update.

It's a little jarring, so you may want to look through that second link above.

So I got the League itch a few nights ago after a long shift at Pan Am.

Played my ranked qualifications got into Silver IV (This is garbage for me I've usually qualified for S2)

Today I decided to officially lay out my best roles and the champs that I enjoy the most and excel at within those roles (Usually I pick whomever I feel like, obviously this is bad for ranked play)

My win rate has increased exponentially and I got into Silver III in a single evening.

RahnalH102BobbyDigi
    edited July 2015
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

sigh.

just can't carry with thresh from support.

edited July 2015

After recent events in the Burning Tides story, a champion is, for all intents and purposes, dead and can no longer be played.

In other news:

The new game mode, Black Market Brawlers is out now. Summon new minions and use new items to win 5v5 Rift matches.

In PBE/future news:

Fighters are getting an overhaul soon. Mostly in items. Darius, Skarner, Mordekaiser, and Garen are now listed on the champion update schedule and will be receiving kit changes real soon as well.

Fiora is being updated both visually and mechanically, and is currently on the PBE.

BobbyDigi

He's back.

Burning Tides ends August 10, 2:00AM PDT. Mystery Gifting, Blackmarket Brawlers, a free Gangplank skin, and more with it.

edited August 2015

PBE is busy this cycle.

6 skins: Arcade Riven, Battle boss Blitzcrank, Academy Ahri, Darius, Ekko, and Vladmir.

Defensive Item adjustments & New Items intended at the beefy champions.

Big changes for Garen, Darius, Skarner, and Mordekaiser. I'll listed the big changes. If something isn't mentioned, then it's still there.

First off, they are classifying the type of hero that these 4 plus more are as Juggernauts and describe that as basically these are the bruiser carries. They bring a high source of damage to the game but lack innate CC and tankyness compared to other bruisers and tanks. So they are pushing these champs to be real big threats to the enemy team.

@UPSLynx
    Garen: Battle The Infamy

His R will now passively mark the enemy champion who made the most recent kill as the Villian. Garen's other abilites deal MUCH more damage to the Villian and his Ult's active will deal True Damage if used on the Villian. Garen's W Courage (shiny shoulders) no longer grants tenacity and now has a new passive that permanantly grants bonus armor and MR with all kills, farm minions, get tough. His spin to win deals less damage per tick now but can now spin faster (more ticks.) The Villian takes extra %health based damaged per tick.

Basically they said, "What's Garen do? He charges into the fray and deals the damages. What are his current weaknesses? He's kite-able, and he can't really deal the damages if his team doesn't know how/when to help him or even consider him, and his potential falls off really quick. What can we do to help him be better and more unique?" So they gave his ult that mark and associated dmg bonuses so that he has a clear target to blow up no matter who/what they are, and his team can clearly see what his options are. Loses early damage, but can now be a true monster in the later game.

Dario Chopman: Blood Rage

Biggest change is a new addition to his passive called Blood Rage. When a target reaches all 5 stacks of his bleed, Dario goes into a Blood Rage and receives a massive amount of attack damage based on his level (40-200). Main other change is that his Q (Dario Spin-to-Win) now has a short channel (so it can be dodged if the opponent reacts fast enough) and but now also heals Darius for 10% of his missing health if it hits a champion, plus 10% per champion hit up to 30%.

They wanted to really cement Mr. Chop as, in their words, the clean up crew. Early damage in fights is okay but now he should have the tools to survive fairly long into it, and reach his damage amp, by which point he should be able to dunk up an Ace or killstreak, or at least take a few with him.

Skarner: Crystal Beacons

If Skarner is in the match, crystal beacons will spawn at fixed locations on the map, and can be captured by either team. When captured by Skarner's team, the beacons produce a field that greatly buffs Skarner.

Mordkaiser: Hue Hue

They went a slightly different direction with Mord. Instead of being a solo laner, they've pushed him to be a duo-lane carry. He gains full exp regardless of if a teammate is in the vicinity, his buff can only be cast on a friendly unit, and when the two meat an explosion occurs. They've greatly increased his abilities' damage potential, and for good measure, his ult now sorta works on Dragon. (he just has to have damaged dragon recently while having his ult available.) So he's a bruiser melee-carry, that can claim Dragon as a temporary pet.

BobbyDigi

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I'm really not a fan of the Mord rework/change and the Garen change scares me slightly

That said, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and try it out.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Early reports complain about Garen becoming entirely too kiteable with his new changes, last I'd heard.

edited August 2015

Quoted from Riot Repertoir - The Rioter working on these changes to Garen

Before making any changes to him, Garen was in the unfortunate situation of:

• Having to work super hard to get to people in fights (this used to be the standard in LoL)
    • Not being all that impactful if he actually managed to get to people

This update doesn't change the former. In fact, he statistically becomes slightly worse at getting to people. However, it is intended that he'll have a huge impact if he actually manages to get to people now. Whether or not the exact numbers we have on PBE right now will perfectly accomplish that goal, that is indeed the goal, and I'll work to get him there if he falls short of it on release. At the end of the day, Garen is never going to be able to compete with champions like Irelia, Hecarim, or Riven (this isn't to say that any of these three characters are necessarily balanced either) when it comes to getting to specific targets, so he should be meaningfully more impactful than them in some way if he pulls it off. In his case, he's just going to deal a ton of damage to things he sticks to.

Keep in mind that all these changes to Morde, Skarner, Garen, and Darius are in conjuction with new and changing defensive items, like Dead Man's Chest (a Black Market Brawler's tanky item that grants massive movespeed up to a burst auto-attack) and more.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

We lost when we should have won, but I A+ Miss Fortune and apparently at some point in time I learned how to CS and ADC. Weird.

Xin Zao was a giant BAYBEE, Riven wasn't much better.

We literally started kicking ass at one point but a single bad teamfight ended the whole thing.