Watch bands with quick release pins

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian

I'd like to get a few new bands for my Pebble Time. They need to be 22mm, and I'd like quick-release pins for easy swap out. I've been able to find lots of nice rubber and leather bands with quick-release pins, but I've had trouble finding what I really want, which is a skagen-eske mesh stainless steel band (like this one, except with quick-release). Is there a better place to shop than Amazon? What other quick release bands should I put on my wishlist?

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

Check out NATO straps to see if you like that style. I have one on my Skagen now and it's lighter than the stainless mesh band and they're really quick to change, because the pins stay in place.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2015

http://www.crownandbuckle.com/

is something that @Thrax recommended

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

I'd recommend getting a good spring bar tool like this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bergeon-6767-F-Watch-Spring-Tool/dp/B001IZT8R2/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1438274219&sr=1-1

Then you're not limited to only quick release springbars because this thing makes taking out standard ones super easy. It's by-far the best investment I've made in my watch hobby.

GHoosdumprimesuspect
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Truth. A good springbar tool makes strap swaps a 2-minute affair.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

What if he wants them to be a 30-second affair? He is going to have to be more European now, they do more with less.

GHoosdumBlackHawkMt_Goat
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2015

@GHoosdum said:
    Check out NATO straps to see if you like that style. I have one on my Skagen now and it's lighter than the stainless mesh band and they're really quick to change, because the pins stay in place.

But that only makes it easy to change out with other NATO straps, right?

also, don't those increase the profile of the watch?

@BuddyJ said:
    I'd recommend getting a good spring bar tool like this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bergeon-6767-F-Watch-Spring-Tool/dp/B001IZT8R2/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1438274219&sr=1-1

Then you're not limited to only quick release springbars because this thing makes taking out standard ones super easy. It's by-far the best investment I've made in my watch hobby.

I have a nice spring-bar tool, but the quick-release I can change out with just my fingers and it's super easy. I didn't realise how easy they would be to use until I had some (the band that comes with the Time has them). It also keeps the pins in place, so they don't fall out of the band when the band is not in use. I'm not philosophically opposed to standard pins now, but if I can find the band I want with quick-release pins, I would prefer it. :)

@Ryder said:
    What if he wants them to be a 30-second affair? He is going to have to be more European now, they do more with less.

The Swiss watch industry doesn't use quick release springbars, so one could say he's trying to be more American. ;)

primesuspectRyderBuddyJ

Very helpful, everyone.

Serious answer: I have done a lot of shopping for watch bands on dozens of sites. I have never in my life seen any sort of metal bracelet with quick release springbars.

CB

Okay, I was afraid of that. I can stop looking then. :) I'll just have to keep my watch tools nearby for the days I want to wear a metal band. If you do ever happen to come across one, remember me!