TF2 Gun Mettle Update

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

no probs on any nights, but earliest i can be online is 9:30 since work.

BobbyDigi

latest contract:

was too easy for me. super sad/disappointed by what i got:

• StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE Icrontian

I wouldn't mind some stiffer competition than the wet noodles that play in pubs :wink:
    Monday - Thursday 7:30PM CDT is good with me.

BobbyDigi
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

Just because I like you guys, I'm willing to play both nights.

oni_delsBobbyDigi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

A TF2 night, you say... BRILLIANT!

BobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Let's call it Thursday for at least this week. That will give a few more people a couple more days to see that we are planning a weekly scrum.

Thursday 6 Pacific / 8 Central / 9 Eastern, Bring your contracts!

-Digi

oni_dels
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

I can'tish make due to group rides that last until 8pm. Everyone is aware that if you are doing this for contracts you have to use a Valve server?

BobbyDigi

We could push it back 30 minutes if that helps @_k join us. The more the merrier. Still open to feedback on times.

I am, at least, aware that it has to be a Valve server. I figure I'll start up a group chat, Prime and I can find a server that will accommodate the amount of interest at the time, join the server, and send out a signal to join on either of us.

-Digi

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Contracts have become kind of an impulsive thing for me so no promises that I'll have it but I can stick around till 10 on Thursday so I'll be there for a while at least.

BobbyDigi
  • I'm back in town and I'll be on for Thursday.

BobbyDigi

Damn cant on thursday, something came up. Im prob gonna be online tonight though playing random games if anyone wants to show up

Contract up!

6:30 Pacific / 8:30 Central / 9:30 Eastern Tonight

Look for me on Steam around that time and we'll all get on a server and kill Prime get some loot!

-Digi

oni_delsRyderRahnalH102
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

Are we hopping on mumble for this since we won't have all talk?

edited July 2015

I'll mumble up but I tend to mute mumble while I TF2 due to conflicting or doubling chat. A Steam group chat would probably be ideal so we can send messages about map and server choices and also share our contracts if anyone needs environmental help for their contracts. I'm happy to go a certain class on the other team for ya, but you're going to have to earn the kills ;)

Edit: Go here and click on Join Chat Room (Icrontic Group Chat Room)

-Digi

• SignalSignal Icrontian

That was mucho fun. Definitely need to do that again next week.

BobbyDigi
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

Also @RahnalH102 , if you see me online this weekend, give me a shout. I'll help go pyro and protect your nest so you can get that 10 point contract.

RahnalH102
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2015

I was busy shaving my legs, you all know your priority in my life now.

PirateNinja
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@Signal said:
    Also RahnalH102 , if you see me online this weekend, give me a shout. I'll help go pyro and protect your nest so you can get that 10 point contract.

Thanks, I appreciate the thought, but I gave up and turned that contract in before I left yesterday. Entire time working on it and I only met the advanced criteria once during a humiliation round towards the beginning of Suijin.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

@RahnalH102 said:
    Thanks, I appreciate the thought, but I gave up and turned that contract in before I left yesterday. Entire time working on it and I only met the advanced criteria once during a humiliation round towards the beginning of Suijin.

Yeah that game on powerhouse I did feel a little bad for sappin your shit.

Lunchtime thought:

Out of the 2 cases there are 30 different weapons. There are 5 different condition levels and Strange or not. 30 x 5 x 2 = 300 combinations available for opening from the cases. (ignoring unusuals for the thought here).

Looking at the market, you can buy 136 of these combinations for less than $2.49. 33 of those are strange.

Lesson re-proven; Unless you are opening cases for the gamble, buy a nice weapon from the market and save yourself the disappointment of opening a case.

Further, waiting until closer to the end of the even will almost certainly result in paying less for those weps you have your eye on.

-Digi

• SignalSignal Icrontian

So will next season have different skins?

As far as I know;

Currently, the 4 collections from the current Gun Mettle event are the only way to get skins (or decorated weapons as they are officially called) in TF2.

There are no released details of future skins but I can't imagine Valve stopping this money train anytime soon so expect more events like Gun Mettle in the future. Possibly even them being included in regular crate series.

-Digi

_k
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@Signal said:
    Yeah that game on powerhouse I did feel a little bad for sappin your shit.

For that powerhouse match it was mostly a pug scout and soldier that prevented me from doing anything really.

• portzebieportzebie Arteest Utah, USA Icrontian

It seems like every time I play on specific Gun Mettle servers, it lags terribly and is nearly unplayable. Is anyone else having this problem? I feel like I've tried pretty much everything!

:eek3:

oni_dels
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited August 2015

I've noticed my ping is double or sometimes triple on gun mettle servers.
    Edit: Today I've gotten a lot of "no servers meet your search criteria" when trying to join gun mettle servers.

Interesting. Item prices did not crash last night. The cases are actually slightly higher in price (5-10 cents) compared to about 10 hours ago. Supply and demand on the cases may have leveled out.

-Digi

Rumors on the Internets say the 11th contract is out now.

Play if you must. We'll still get together on Thursday even if just to dick around :D

-Digi

• I finally sold that minigun for $12, profit off this patch is now over $25. Woo. Have spent nearly half of it on keys because I like rolling the dice. I've probably spent $75ish opening crates in TF2 and I'm yet to get something rare except the pyro jumps in the pool taunt, but it is still fun for me because I like to gamble.

oni_delsBobbyDigiRahnalH102_k
  • portzebieportzebie Arteest Utah, USA Icrontian

I've sold a sniper rifle for $18 and a scout pistol for $12 and this is really getting ridiculous

oni_dels
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

Are we doin this tonight or Thursday?