DEADPOOL

DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole'San Jose, CA Icrontian

Pretty self explanitory, trailer dropped:

Redband NSFW: (more swearing... some butt... and hella blood)

_kChoochportzebie

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

ok

• You can't seriously be telling me that anyone is going to let Ryan Reynolds do another Super Hero film much less act after this???

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Ryan Reynolds has always been the perfect Deadpool. 20 Century Fox decided to fuck up the first time around.

RyanFodder
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Ryan Reynolds is actually a pretty decent actor. As stated above, he got screwed hardcore with his previous Deadpool and Green Lantern.

This.

This, though, is going to be utterly epic and I can't wait.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

ELI5 Deadpool's appeal and why people are so HYPE.

Personally, when it's done right, I love no-fourth-wall stuff.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Reynold's character in many of his movies is essentially deadpool w/o the costume. Quick wit, irreverent, snarky, etc.

Deadpool trailer references the turd that Green Lantern was, too @ :34 in "please don't make the supersuit green, or animated"

"You look like an avocado that... had sex with an older avocado"

TJ Miller is awesome.

_kUPSLynx
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

• The fact that he references Green Lantern in the trailer is pretty funny. That said, Ryan Reynolds best role so far is Turbo the Snail.

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

He also references the fact that his mask is animated in this movie.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Do yourself a favor and go see this ASAP. The best comedy I've seen in a long time.

oni_delsardichokeUPSLynx
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Seriously, this movie was fantastic.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Fiancee was a little grossed out by the gory parts, but I thought it was pretty great as well.

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

Most wonderfull wonderfullness of wonderfull mobie wonderfullness. Or something. Just. Go. See. It.

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

I'm not into superhero movies. No interest whatsoever. Spiderman? Whiny bitch shooting jizz from his palms. Batman? Latex-clad Richie Rich with an unhealthy interest in young boys. The Hulk? 'Roid-fuelled bully with a bad case of sea sickness. I fell asleep in the movie theatre when I went to see Green Lantern and during one of the Transformer movies.
    However, based on the trailers, I think I can enjoy Deadpool.

oni_delsBasil
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@Jokke said:
    I'm not into superhero movies. No interest whatsoever. Spiderman? Whiny bitch shooting jizz from his palms. Batman? Latex-clad Richie Rich with an unhealthy interest in young boys. The Hulk? 'Roid-fuelled bully with a bad case of sea sickness. I fell asleep in the movie theatre when I went to see Green Lantern and during one of the Transformer movies.
    However, based on the trailers, I think I can enjoy Deadpool.

If you dont like superhero film. Check deadpool. Said the same thing like 3h ago to my roommate. You wont regret it.

Deadpool is not a superhero movie. It's a comedy.

Ryder
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Deadpool's not even a superhero, hell if memory serves he was a villain for a pretty long while.

I want to see this movie so badly but graveyard shifts this week are gonna kill my free time.

edited February 2016

He's an anti-hero at best, which is where a lot of the fun comes from.

And yes, it's not a superhero movie so much as a comedy action shmup that happens to have characters with super-human abilities.

At the same time, I think it treats the genre with more honesty than any of the superhero movies when they try to be serious about the silly stuff.

Edit: I went through and looked at the Rotten reviews on RT, and they're just as much of a laugh, as it's very clear that they failed to do their research before reviewing. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/deadpool/reviews/?type=top_critics. No, Deadpool was not trying to be subversive, seriously. I feel like the reviewers were trying to shoehorn a message onto the movie that absolutely was not intended.

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2016

I knew as soon as the opening credits started that I was going to like this movie. It did not disappoint.

As for the critics.... there will always be some people that miss the joke. It still has an 84% on RT. Let the pretentious film critics scoff and sniff their brandy.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Deadpool was everything I wanted in a Deadpool Movie. I would see it again.

Ilriyas
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

The one liner crap in the previews was really bad. I would hope the movie is better. Worth a $10000 cinema night or wait for Blu-Ray?

Worth seeing in theaters

ardichoke
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

As a person who loves the Deadpool comics, the movie was legit. Captured the nature of the character and series with a few nice pieces of its own. Especially considering its a $48m budget movie!

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@MiracleManS said:
    Especially considering its a $48m budget movie!

Of which I assume $33m went to the amazing marketing

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso said:

@MiracleManS said:
    Especially considering its a $48m budget movie!

Of which I assume $33m went to the amazing marketing

There are a few interviews with Ryan Reynolds that talk about how the marketing was just crazy and flowed because of the character. I'm really, really happy with how things turned out. Even the "love story" was very Deadpool in how it came together.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

SO, GOOD!

@primesuspect said:
    Deadpool is not a superhero movie. It's a comedy.

2.5 years later, re: Deadpool 2:

SAME, FAM.

Nicole and I laughed through the entire movie. The whole audience was roaring in laughter. It was fantastic. EXACTLY what it needed to be. The perfect sequel.

MiracleManSMAGICMassalinie