Ongoing changes to Icrontic in 2015

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited July 2015 in Community

Just a place for me to log what we're doin' around here this year.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

New Feature: Added Promoted Content module in the banner. This selects the most recent 2 discussions that have received 5+ Awesomesauces or a Bompz from an Icrontic curator.

This isn't the final placement or style for this; suggestions for tweaks welcome. Basically I am working out the kinks of the new Promoted Content module in anticipation of the new layout; lots of bugs in it.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

The post title being secondary to the poster's username came off odd to me. Inconsistent to the layout in the discussions list. Currently the post title actually doesn't look alike a link at all.

I like the idea of the feature though.

-Digi

primesuspectmidgaRahnalH102Garg

@BobbyDigi said:
    The post title being secondary to the poster's username came off odd to me. Inconsistent to the layout in the discussions list. Currently the post title actually doesn't look alike a link at all.

Done.

edited February 2015

Improved: The "What's happening" will now order itself by the time it crossed the points threshold, rather than the time the discussion was created. This will allow a more orderly progression, and allow older content to join the list later.

Garg
    edited August 2015

Completed: Artwork assets commissioned for a new theme (Icrontic XV).

Specified: How shwaipbot v2 will work under the hood (the framework for it will be named "Bot"; our implementation will remain "shwaipbot").

Specified: How cron (timed events) will be implemented via custom Vanilla plugin on Icrontic.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

!beer @Linc

• IvanIvan

slides @Linc a fine beer from the Icrontic cellar.

Icrontian

slides @Linc a fine beer from the Icrontic cellar.

Garg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Vaniila cron tic

ZanthianGargGHoosdumStraight_Man

Yo @Ivan, !beerme.

• IvanIvan

slides @Linc a beer.

Icrontian

slides @Linc a beer.

Someone has a new trick they want to show off.

ahem.

sup @Ivan?

RahnalH102
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2015

#humblebrag

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2015

shave and a hair cut

UPSLynx
    edited August 2015

I change the event name from shaveAndHaircut to shave without updating the config and of course that's the one this smartass tries right after I said I didn't break it. Well guess what @Ivan is gonna have a different opinion about it when you 'shave and a hair cut' him from now on, @PirateNinja. :pirate:

PirateNinjaStraight_ManRyderGHoosdum
    • Created a bunch of open source repositories for upcoming changes and moved existing "stubs" of plugins into them from the main Icrontic one.
    • Stubbed out some code for Tock (scheduled tasks).
    • Wrote some docs for shwaipbot.
    • Added another image reply to shwaipbot (@Ivan)
    • Wrote a very rough v1 of "rep", which so far is simply a user leaderboard to track activity levels in a community for admins.

@ivan show me ur game face

RahnalH102

Created a new plugin that lets you theme a forum homepage with a different master template than the rest of the site. Required patching Vanilla because apparently plugins couldn't do that before. :D

@Ivan also appears in the Who's Online section now for ~15 minutes after someone triggers him.

BobbyDigiportzebietrooster89Garg
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

Is Ivan smarter than Siri?

HumerusMeg

This profile URL format now works: icrontic.com/@linc

It will be the default once I work out the conflict with our old WordPress integration that's stopping me from doing it yet. #itscomplicated

• shave and a hair cut

:D

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

@Linc said:
    This profile URL format now works: icrontic.com/@linc

It will be the default once I work out the conflict with our old WordPress integration that's stopping me from doing it yet. #itscomplicated

Could it be a .htaccess file issue? I always had trouble with that one when changing my permalink structure in WP.

@GHoosdum said:
    Could it be a .htaccess file issue? I always had trouble with that one when changing my permalink structure in WP.

No, it's very specific and Vanilla-related. The function that creates the user URL is already being overridden by Glue, the WP/Vanilla integration I made, so I can't override it again in this quick plugin I wrote to do this. Hoping to ditch Glue soon and/or get us onto a universal theme (same for desktop + mobile) so I can override it at that level.

Wasn't Glue just keeping Wordpress and the forums in sync? Given that we don't have a front page anymore (as far as I know)... why is Glue still in place at all? Was there more than just the integration?