Bike headlight?

SignalSignal Icrontian

Can anyone recommend me a bike light that is rechargeable? I would prefer something USB based for compatibility reasons. I have a decent bike light now. The problem is that it runs on AAA batteries which would be fine, but the optimal light output is 50% charge and above. I don't want to have a pile of half charged AAA batteries when the only other devices I can use them in is remotes and my grill starter. I don't want to "get my moneys worth" by using all the battery. I should say I'm only out after dusk a couple of times per month, but when I am I want full bright light for safety reasons.

I've been looking at the Light and Motion Urban line such as this one.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2015

I use this and it works well. I also grabbed this rear light and this dual charger. Both of the lights I used blink the power button when they are low, which is nice. I use them daily for about 10 mins and only bring them to charge once a month or so.

The lumen amount is lower on mine by a significant amount, but that requirement is really related to how/when you bike.

Signal
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I don't have input on bicycle lighting per se but I'd like to point out that 18650 rechargeable lithium cells are a pretty mature battery technology with excellent discharge/voltage characteristics for lighting. I have had no trouble getting chargers and cells from Amazon et al for other projects and would readily consider bicycle and handheld lights which use them.

• EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian

Cygolite brand light with USB charging has worked well for me too.

I actually misplaced it just now so @Tushon thanks for the link. Forgot the brand even. Lost & Found is bound to pull through every once in a while, right?

Signal