Diablo 3: 2.3.0

SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

http://us.battle.net//d3/en/blog/19802338

Everything in that post makes me moist. I stopped playing because it felt like everything I liked doing in diablo had artificial constraints on it. Bounties became basically irrelevant except for farming a few specific items. Rifts were only good for builds centered around extreme clear speed because it didn't scale enough for normal builds, so you did Greater Rifts for that. But having loot drop off all the mobs was one of the cool things about rifts, along with getting stuff like treasure goblins, and the whole trials thing was a mess anyway (dashing strike build, for instance, is terrible at doing trials). I would do poorly on the trials, crush the keystone I ended with, and then skyrocket with that clear time to an insanely high key that I could only do in groups.

As for crafting, It's pretty stupid to look at an inventory with like 500 forgotten souls, 10k veiled crystal, 200 arcane dust, and 20 reusable parts (greater rifts play a big part of this, along with the fact that you have to basically stop and pop a lot of chests/weapon racks to get blue/white items in t6 rifts). I'm pretty confident they're going to solve that problem, because it's pretty obvious and the community has complained a lot.

Also, they didn't go into a lot of detail on the rebalancing rifts part, but I hope the combat changes really do fix the way you have to run greater rifts at high tiers. I like killing things, and having to jump around to find the right density packs and ignoring the higher health mobs just seems counterintuitive. I play ARPGs to run around and destroy everything...please don't punish me for it. They definitely alluded to fixing the fact that there's one specific composition (with a tiny wiggle room) that is incredibly superior to everything else, so that's all you see on the group greater rift leaderboards, so that definitely makes me happy (especially considering monks weren't in it T_T).

What do you guys think? Considering this will also drop my seasonal character down to standard league so I can play with you guys, I will almost certainly start playing again.

MassalinieKoreish

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I'm most excited by the cube addition. I hope they nail the implementation and make it a really interesting choice.

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian

Yahtzee! New Torments, no more Trials, and other endgame content gets fleshed out more so we don't have to rely solely on Greater Rifts.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I would totally start playing again, this all sounds pretty sweet.

Koreish

This was a Blizzard Blue post on the subject of the cube.

"There's been some confusion about how these passives work, so let me clarify. With the current plan, the passives you get by breaking down Legendary items with special effects in Kanai's Cube do not replace passive skills on your character, but are instead part of a separate set of passives that are specifically stored within the cube. You can store as many special effects as possible in the cube, but only a limited number can be active at a given time (currently, this is three: one weapon effect, one armor effect, and one jewelry effect). Hope that helps!"

SodaMiracleManSGnomeQueen
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

I am excite

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

where did my pants go

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

Patch notes are out! http://us.battle.net//d3/en/blog/19814212

AWESOME SHIT

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

That sounds awesome

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Holy shit dat cube:

New Feature: Kanai's Cube
    Kanai's Cube is a new artisan that offers a slew of new recipes to fully customize your items and catalogue your Legendary powers. Several recipes are available to players immediately upon acquiring Kanai's Cube:

Extract Legendary Power: Destroy an item to add its Legendary power to your catalogue of collected powers. Once a power has been extracted, it can be equipped to your character without the need to equip the item. Players may have one Weapon, one Armor, and one Jewelry power equipped at a time. Players may only equip powers from items that their characters can normally equip and use.
    Koreish
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

where did my shirt go

Dat Cube is busted

Now if we could just get a hold on those crafting prices...I have a lot of crafting materials, and I'd be willing to spend every single one to get an ancient flying dragon with life on hit.

edited July 2015

So a video from the PTR is out showing us a little more how the Kanai Cube will work.

• First off we have to find it in the new area that we're getting with the patch.
    • Secondly it appears Zoltun Kulle makes a return as the Kanai Cube's artisan.
    • This video just shows the extraction and use of the passives from legendaries in the Kanai Cube; it's been noted, not in this video, that all passives collected from the Cube will roll their max values. I'm not sure how this would effect certain items that you would want the lowest value on such as Meticulous Bolts.
    • During the farming process shown in video the player killed Ghom, got the drops, then a chest appeared, and then the player still received the Horadric Cache. I don't know where that chest came from as it has never spawned after a Ghom kill before.
    • The cube provides you a list with every legendary affix your character class is capable of "equipping". Nice QoL
    • The legendary crafting materials you get at the end of act bounties can drop more than one, and appears to be based on difficulty how many drop.
    • The Cube has seven abilities as follows:

1) Archive of Tal Rasha (Extract Legendary Power)

• Legendary Item x1
    • Khanduran Rune x1 (Act 1 Bounty Crafting Material)
    • Caldeum Nightshade x1 (Act 2 Bounty Crafting Material)
    • Arreat War Tapestry x1 (Act 3 Bounty Crafting Material)
    • Corrupted Angel Flesh x1 (Act 4 Bounty Crafting Material)
    • Westmarch Holy Water x1 (Act 5 Bounty Crafting Material)
    • Death Breath x5

2) Law of Kulle (Reforge Legendary Item)

• Legendary Item
    • Khanduran Rune x5
    • Caldeum Nightshade x5
    • Arreat War Tapestry x5
    • Corrupted Angel Flesh x5
    • Westmarch Holy Water x5
    • Forgotten Soul x50

3) Hope of Cain (Upgrade Rare Item)

• Rare Equippable Level 70 Item
    • Death's Breath x25
    • Reusable Parts x50
    • Arcane Dust x50
    • Veiled Crystal x50

4) Skill of Nilfur (Convert Set Item)

• Set Item
    • Death's Breath x10
    • Forgotten Soul x10

5) Work of Cathan (Remove Level Requirement)

• Equippable Item
    • Rank 25+ Gem of Ease

6) Darkness of Radament (Convert Gems)

• Any Gem x9
    • Select the new gem type

7) Anger of Iben Fahd (Convert Crafting Materials

• White, Blue, or Yellow Crafting Material x100
    • Normal, Magic, or Rare Equippable Item
    • Death's Breath

TL;DR Hnnnnnnnngggg

TiberiusLazarusRahnalH102
  • Looks like bounties are in our future.

MAGIC

Many, many, many bounties. If they use the standard 10% ancient chance...that's only 65% chance to get ancient after 10 tries. I wonder what the odds are and how many crafting ingredients you get when you go up to T10 bounties.

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

Man I cannot wait to get me a cube

My body is ready.

A pretty good summing up along with some details previously not released: http://us.battle.net//d3/en/blog/19842936

Patch 2.3 is just around the corner, so have a convenient and easy to read list of changes to mechanics, items, and sets.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=A6F4A6231B5732FC!129350&ithint=onenote,&app=OneNote&authkey=!ANrdTpvNHMgcHOA

MAGIC

This is a great summary, thanks for posting @Koreish !

Koreish
    edited August 2015

The patch is live! I'll see you all in hell!

Edit: But the servers are still down. Nevermind

MAGIC

patching intensifies

Someone at Blizzard turned on the microwave.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

We really need to figure out a way to stop those microwaves from destroying all the internets.

KoreishGnomeQueen
  • Rift keystone fragments (for normal rifts) are now grey items worth 5000 gold each. Oh boy.

GnomeQueenDontCallMeKelsoUPSLynxMAGIC
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Can you send 10 or twenty to my wow character?

RahnalH102
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

Anyone playing the season this year? Might be on later, will be on tomorrow...

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

I started a season 4 Witch Doctor.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

I'm going with a monk and a wizard for season 4