Windows 10 ADB/Fastboot stuffs not working!

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
edited September 2015 in Hardware

I guess this is hardware related.

I have been trying to get my OnePlus One upgraded Cyanogenmod 12.1 from Oxygen OS, but I have ran into an error in TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). Something about E: (the sdcard) doesn't have permmision to access the .zip file something or other. Anyways. I ended up trying to reinstall TWRP and I'm now in a pickle. Android has been deleted and the phone wiped. No problem right? Just push a new .zip with ADB and install. Except ADB doesn't seem to see my OnePlus in Windows 10. I have tried koushikdutta.com/post/universal-adb-driver, the Google driver with the SDK tools and a Samsung driver that I think I used in Windows 8.1 when I first unlocked and rooted. I was able to get ADB over networking working with this and it works, but the phone has to be booted into Android for that to work. So, does anyone have ADB and fastboot working in Windows 10 with the Oneplus One?

Edit: Fixt my frantic typing and added names for things.

Comments

• @Sonorous said:

I have been trying to get on OPO to CM12.1 but I have ran into an error in TWRP.

SonorousMyrmidon
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Yeah. My post is a mess. I'll update it to make more sense to everyone. I have been frantically trying to get Android back on my phone after messing it up. I'm back to normal now but had to use an old laptop with Windows 7 to connect to my OnePlus One.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

ADB/Fastboot stuff under Windows is always going to be a challenge. The driver mess and all the associated things make it almost always not worth it.

I know a lot of people have had success doing what they need on a Linux VM under VirtualBox with the appropriate USB2/3 forwarding set up.

Sonorousardichoke
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

One Plus One Toolkit hasn't steered me wrong so far and I reimaged under Win10. I did have to uninstall and reinstall the driver though. I think I used Samsung instead of koush's

Sonorous
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I have to imagine the 8.1 adb drivers would work fine. I haven't used adb in a while, though.

I might have to try my laptop then with the Samsung drivers. See if it's something weird with my desktop.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I recommend the universal USB drivers. Samsung drivers are very strange.

@Thrax said:
    I recommend the universal USB drivers. Samsung drivers are very strange.

Basically what I'll need to do is try everything until something works.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I think either way, you should start by uninstalling whatever is on there, reboot, install the new one (samsung or universal; I've got nothing against universal, and it is probably better) and reboot again (which is something I've seen consistently, and not bad advice, vs the wipe cache multiple times bullshit). Either the One Plus One Toolkit (which might be out of date/unmaintained) or Bacon Root Toolkit (http://www.wugfresh.com/brt/ - appears to be more actively maintained).