Amazon Dash

d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

http://www.amazon.com/ref=ods_gw_d_sk_oft_1/b/ref=br_imp?_encoding=UTF8&lo=digital-text&node=10667898011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-sidekick-2&pf_rd_r=0SC8J5KWMJDK65YR85KE&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2208002142&pf_rd_i=desktop

Lets you order a button, that when pushed orders specific item from Amazon.

Buy the button, stick to your washing machine. Realize you are low on detergent? Hulk-Smash the button, detergent is auto ordered.

Not sure if this is smart, or a giant waste of resources. Pretty sure there is no in-between.

Comments

• Kid presses button 82 times when you aren't looking. Dammit.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I didnt look, but don't you still have to confirm the order on your phone/PC? That would prevent the kid factor.

• Oh yeah I'm sure, I told my brother's cortana to order 1000 dildos the other day and it didn't work because of as much.

BobbyDigi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

And last I heard of this, they had some checks in there to make sure that you couldn't order another one before the one you ordered first even had a chance to arrive. So they took some of that into account, at least... :)

_k
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

$5 per button seems steep. A generic programmable button seems like it would be more usable.

Reminds me of that Staples Easy button. Was just an advertising gimmick but it did what these do in the advertisements. It was instant delivery though and funny enough played on the same ideas expressed here when it started raining product, "who's sitting on the easy button? "

-Digi

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Probably could figure something out with a $10 bag of NFC tags and code.

• SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian

They also credit you back the $5 when you use it. So it ends up being free. They actually credited me back during checkout, so it never even charged my card.

There is no confirmation required...though it does email you with a receipt, so like any Amazon purchase, you can still cancel it until it ships.

I wanted to try one, so I got a Glad one for fun. It's pretty simple, though I'll push it maybe once a year...