shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

i want them.

GnomeQueenBobbyDigimertesnLeahVoiceBuddyJ

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Nice!

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2014

I have a horrible affinity to monks at the moment - both single and double strap. Strongly considering a pair of suede finished monks to wear this summer.

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

My gourd! 300 bucks... Those are some nice shoes too.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Allen Edmonds gives me a hard on.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Love a good oxford.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Those are excellent. They look like a plain-toed Park Avenue. I approve.

I bought them for the wedding (yay).

AE is having a sale now as well if you want to fall down that rabbit hole...

http://www.allenedmonds.com/

(also seconds available - think minor defect that may or may not be visible)

http://shoebank.com/

I like my boots in the more casual range. Or dressy but not a whole lot of adornments. These will probably be my next purchase.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

These are what I got that I wear with my suits.

https://www.lucchese.com/shop/boots/hugh/GY1023.X13

i.jpg 33.3K
    drasnor
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

My dad also rocks a pair of ostrich shitkickers. One day, I hope to be salty enough to pull off these boots.

• I've been wanting a pair of Red Wing Heritage boots for a long time. One day, they will be mine.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

I've been looking for more comfortable, ergonomic shoes since I tried my first 'barefoot' style shoe, and I wear these almost every day of the week now:

They're super flexible, minimal heel-toe drop, wide toe box... love love love.

BobbyDigi
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

Carhartt work boots
    I'll never buy cheap work boots again. They are really good looking (you can't tell in the pic but they are beautifully marbled in reds and browns.) more importantly they are super comfy. Working on my feet in muddy/wet conditions, 10-12 hours a day, and my feet don't hurt and I even have more energy at the end of the day.

• If you've got an Amex, check your cash back promotional offers. Mine has been offering $50 back on an Allen Edmonds purchase for a few months.

shwaipBuddyJ

@GHoosdum said:
    If you've got an Amex, check your cash back promotional offers. Mine has been offering $50 back on an Allen Edmonds purchase for a few months.

Yup, I used mine when I bought my wedding shoes! Actually signed up for the Amex just to get the 50 back.

GHoosdum
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

There is a dearth of links in this discussion.

RyderBasilmaliaAnnesGnomeQueen
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2015

I bought a pair of Oxfords for the first time along with my annual new sneakers. I must be growing up.

Well, sorta. One of my sneaker selections was still skating shoes even tho I haven't stood on a skateboard in a decade. :D

GHoosdum
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian

At 52, I have developed a shoe/boot addiction. This is really strange to me, but doesn't stop me buying. 2 weeks ago, a Red Wing 8146. Last week, a Timberland West Haven chukka in black. Last night, another Red Wing, this time a Beckman in dark cherry, though that one was online and I'll be waiting a week or so. Something is wrong with me...and yet, I still have less than 1/3 # footwear of Mrs. keto. Was that a justification?

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

It's like a boat shoe that goes to your ankle! It's so cute!

God do I hate the Moc toe on everything not a Moc or boat shoe.

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2015

I just picked up a new pair of winter everyday wear boots... I've not tried this brand before, so I'm interested to see how they will wear over time. They have a more sneaker like rubber sole, which I'm hoping will give me better traction in the sole than the typical crepe sole on dressier boots. The leather seems kind of thin, but then again, they aren't beat-em-up work boots and they were inexpensive. I'm hoping that with the appropriate amount of care and cleaning, they'll last a couple years at least.

Crevo Boardwalk Wingtip

So help me, my next pair of actual work (as in mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, working at the animal shelter) boots will be a pair of Redwing Heritage Beckman Rounds

• ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    I just picked up a new pair of winter everyday wear boots... I've not tried this brand before, so I'm interested to see how they will wear over time. They have a more sneaker like rubber sole, which I'm hoping will give me better traction in the sole than the typical crepe sole on dressier boots. The leather seems kind of thin, but then again, they aren't beat-em-up work boots and they were inexpensive. I'm hoping that with the appropriate amount of care and cleaning, they'll last a couple years at least.

Crevo Boardwalk Wingtip

So help me, my next pair of actual work (as in mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, working at the animal shelter) boots will be a pair of Redwing Heritage Beckman Rounds

The RWH Beckmans in black cherry is what's in the mail :) Thought they might be in the mailbox when I got home from road trip yesterday but no dice, I did however get my Sno-Seal quart. Off to do my 8146's.

I'm either gonna snag some AE non-tassel loafers off eBay and recraft them, or save up and order some from Rancourt & Co. I love my Park Avenues, but they're a bit dressy. Thinking some loafers might be good for when I'm traveling and still need to look better than Docs or my Adidas.

@BuddyJ said:
    I'm either gonna snag some AE non-tassel loafers off eBay and recraft them, or save up and order some from Rancourt & Co. I love my Park Avenues, but they're a bit dressy. Thinking some loafers might be good for when I'm traveling and still need to look better than Docs or my Adidas.

the shoebank has some of the brooks brothers versions of the loafers on sale for $99. Brooks bros versions sometimes have different bottoms, and may have a softer insole.

http://shoebank.com/

Yeah, the shoebank is rad.