League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited August 2015

You can download the music, titled Bit Rush, for this login screen here. (Direct link, so right click and save it.)

MiracleManS
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

New Patch, The juggernauts and Arcade stuff is in.

That means new stuff on the PBE.

5 PROJECT skins, one of which is Legendary. 1 PROJECT ward skin. Project Skins for the minions. and lots of buffs and nerfs to many champions.

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

lucian hngggggggggg

edited August 2015

Riot's current thoughts on the Juggernauts so far on live:

Darius: A bit too weak in the early game. Will get some little buffs to help.

Garen: Possibly a bit too strong, but they feel it's bit too early to say for sure.

Skarner: Woops. Made him way to strong. Looking at creative ways to bring him back down without just nerfing him back into the ground.

Mordekaiser: Too early to say for sure but appears to at least be in the direction they intended.

Arcade: PRESS START video.

Also, Blitzcrank's Poro Roundup. A minigame you can play online or on your smart device, FOR A LIMITED TIME! Get it on your phone while you can. (Apple Link) (Android Link)

Also I believe this is Riot's third game ever released. (Second being the "Cho'gath Eats The World" Minigame from a couple April Fools ago.)

BobbyDigi
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

And now, Servers.

If what they estimate is true ... I won't see any change in my ping. Which is fine since it hasn't been an issue for me at all.

Also More PROJECT news:

There is a feature to these skins (including the ward skin) where each skin adds a "Sync Point" to your team.
    Champions are worth 2 Sync Points, and the ward skin is worth 1 Sync Point.
    At 2 points, there will be custom spawn effects for the whole team.
    At 4 points, regular minions will sport PROJECT skins.
    At 6 points, Super and Cannon minions will also wear PROJECT skins.

Splashes:

LoL Academy by dutomaster

Kindred, The Eternal Hunters

MiracleManS
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

primesuspectRahnalH102Strikes

duoQ anyone?

currently holding bot or mid lane on lock.

summoner: modusPwnens

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

I'll be your wingman, anytime

edited October 2015

Riot has posted a basic summary of what the upcoming preseason changes are going to be and the overall goal for these changes.

Noteable changes are:

• Lots of item tweaks, additions, and more towards the goals of improving the vision game, improving support, and improving marksmen.
    • 6 "big" marksmen changes/additions as well as a lot of little thing for others.

1. Graves, Corki, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Kog'Maw, and Quinn are getting the big changes.
      2. Graves's auto attacks will act as a an actual shotgun blast.
      3. Corki will be converted to deal heavy magic damage instead of a high mix of true, magic, and physcal. Will aslo periodically get a powerful "Special Delivery" ammo for his ult.
      4. Miss Fortune's ult will deal more damage and be able to crit. Will get damage bonuses for swapping targets.
      5. Kog'Maw's Q will allow him to break the attack speed cap.
      6. Caitlyn will be able to place more traps and have added features to her Headshot passive allowing for combos with abilites.
      7. Quinns Ult changed to a ultilty instead of assassination. Intent is to make her a roaming marksmen for mid or top lane.
    • New jungle mob in Baron's pit. Gives baron buff to a the champion that kills it.

• New mastery style: Now more impactful choices like Diablo Talents instead of number munching. (Is how I feel they are trying to say it is.)
    • New starting items, and changes to potions. No more mana potions.
    BobbyDigi

Also: removing stealth wards from the shop. That's a huge change.

BobbyDigi

There will still be stealth wards through the yellow trinket, and sightstone, which are getting changes as well. Just can't buy them from the shop anymore.

Also keep in mind that these aren't concrete changes yet.

BobbyDigi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Oh Jesus, supports were getting a ton of flak already for not being able to carry a team's worth of warding. Now they're just further justifying the bullshit.

BobbyDigi

@Ilriyas said:
    Oh Jesus, supports were getting a ton of flak already for not being able to carry a team's worth of warding. Now they're just further justifying the bullshit.

I think they're doing the right thing. Emphasizing that vision is a part of team play and not meant for a single role. Too many people are in Season 3 mode, expecting support to buy and place dozens of wards.

BobbyDigi

In Dawngate, Waystone Game's solution to warding was simply everyone gets a ward as a basic ability. This worked cause it was a relatively small map compared to you average MOBA.

Riot seems to be taking a similar approach cause now trinkets are getting various buffs, are free to upgrade, will auto-upgrade when criteria is reached, and more. They said there will be more ways for the jungle to get into the vision game, and pink wards are getting cheaper. So now there should be many options and abilities in every lanes' hands to take part in the vision game. There already was, but now they're expanding upon that.

We shall see come the patches.

BobbyDigi

Preseason has hit the PBE today and omigawd so many item changes/additions/removals.

I think just about everything has been touched in some way or another.

Removed:

• Stealth Ward
    • Mana Potion (Cited as skewed since champs mana is balanced per champ. Some champs it was uber, others it was poor.)
    • Crystalline Flask (Replaced. There are a couple new similar refilling potion with different effects.)
    • The Brutilzer (Replaced. Lots of new recipe items. Became a 5th wheel.)
    • Elixir of Ruin
    • Ranger's Trailblazer (New and remaining jungle items now have increased baked in survivability)
    • Poacher's Knife (replaced by Tracker's Knife)
    • Enchantment: Homeguard (now everyone gets it after 20 min)
    • Twin Shadows (rolled into Frost Queens claim.)

As far as vision goes:

• Sightstone can now build into new more diversified forms when combined with the 3 mid-tier support items.
    • Ruby Sightstone has a new passive that reduces the cooldowns of activatable items.
    • Junglers' new Tracker's Knife has ward charges similar to Wriggle's Lantern of old.
    • Pink wards are down to 75g, the cost of old green wards.
    • Sweeping (Red) Trinket now has a range that increases with level, and when upgraded the sweeper follows you for 10 seconds and its' range is further increased.
    • Base blue trinket removed.
    • Yellow trinket has 2 charges. gets stronger overtime similar to red. When upgraded, becomes a new blue trinket who's wards can be cast from a long ways away, last until killed, and do not count towards the ward limit. (Can't be targeted by allies, so no teleport shenanigans.)
    • The above upgrades are free and are unlocked once you reach lvl 9, they do not get auto upgraded into.
    edited November 2015

Riot has released a promo page for their relatively exact goals and plans for the preseason. This includes more then the above gameplay changes.

The really big things are:
    New Game Client
    Crafting System
    New Champion Select\
    New and Improved Social systems (Club Icrontic when?)

Check it out, a lot more then I would care to take the large time to even try and summarize correctly.

All Stars was fun to watch. What makes that snowball incident even funnier is they agreed to a rematch, and IT HAPPENED AGAIN! They agreed to another rematch and Froggen learned his lesson and didn't pick snowball that match.

Summary of new stuff since the last big post:

New Champs:
    Illaoi, the Kraken Priestess

Jihn, the Virtuoso

Reworks/Updates:
    Poppy

Shen

Skins:
    (Legendary) Dragon Trainer Tristana

Braum Lionheart, Caskbreaker (Sunbro) Gragas, Varus Swift Bolt, and Ryze Whitebeard

Gravelord Azir

Elderwood Hecarim

Cosmic Reaver Kassadin

Demon Vi

Spirit Fire Brand

Zombie Nunu & (Zombie) Slayer Pantheon and Jinx

Snow Day Bard, Gnar, and Syndra

Challenger Nidalee

Radiant Wukong (cause year of the monkey)

Lunar Wraith Caitlyn and Morgana

Beast Hunter Tryndamyr, Draven, & Sejuani
    No splash yet. Monster Hunter tribute.

Other Stuff:
    Shadow & Fortune story

New Champ Select Out Soon

Hextech Crafting and Loot System

Japanese LoL server & localization
    If you like "da animes" then you may notice some familiar voices for some of the champs.
    (Wukong's VA is the same VA for Dragonball's Goku)

MiracleManS
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2016

Number two on The Penta

The Thresh Dream at 1m12s

-Digi

Masterwork indeed.

• MytchMytch The Heights, MI Icrontian

What happened to the new champ select? I've been searching for answers, but can't seem to find any... (maybe I'm not looking hard enough)

@BobbyDigi said:
    Number two on The Penta

The Thresh Dream at 1m12s

-Digi

I hooked an ulting sion once - that was a fun ride.

RahnalH102Strikes
    edited January 2016

@Mytch said:
    What happened to the new champ select? I've been searching for answers, but can't seem to find any... (maybe I'm not looking hard enough)

They rolled it out for certain modes, namely ranked, in certain regions. It did okay when they first launched it in NA and Turkey. Then they released it to a few other regions the next weekend. It blew up. They're still working on it and plan to have it out Monday to some region, then the rest if it doesn't blow up again.

Source. Full explanation there.

@shwaip said:

I hooked an ulting sion once - that was a fun ride.

ooooo I want to try that.

Mytch