Dickbots IV thru VI, I think? [Game over. Humans lose]

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Welp, this game is breaking all the rule then. Should I roll it back?

• :( I don't think we can stop the ghost of CB from peacing every time and I don't know how or why it is showing Basil's team logo on the peace announcement.
    Stupid broken Civ.

If you want to roll back the save I can attempt to hex edit and remove the cb ghost but even if I do it successfully it could bork GMR. I can't think of anything else though. Peace right now would break the fact that I'm 1 turn away from killing our first dickbot city.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

My faction has been eliminated from the game. How is it able to do anything?

If I need to keep loading up this game and clicking next turn every couple days in order to let you guys keep playing, I don't mind.

• So complete kills is turned on :( I know that is supposed to mean your player is dead when you have no more units, but I believe @CB traded his units and there may be just some tweaky thing with this game where it needs to recognize that none of the units that were originally CB's still exist.

Now this is just a theory, BUT we do have an AI Ghengis Khan on our team with no cities, and 220 gold to his name. I asked him for it and he told me no, the jerk. I thought if he had nothing to trade for peace maybe we could squeak by.

So here is the deal, we have to find a way to turn off complete kills or induce the complete kill. I compared in a hex editor the values for GAMEOPTION_COMPLETE_KILL on a save without complete kills and imported the value. Unfortunately that just causes the game to crash. I am giving up on modding the save file.

So finally, the only thing I can think of is to revert to @GHoosdum who I would assume has the gifted units (they were boats right?) and he can then sell them or delete them if they are out of borders. That should, if my guess is right, remove Khan from the game completely and allow us to continue our death march without bothering CB to hit next on our behalf every week.

Short of any other suggestions that come up, @Basil can you revert to Ghoosdum?

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2015

I don't remember what unit(s) @CB gave me, but I don't think it was boat(s). Is there any way to tell?

I gave a worker each to GH and CJ, I think, then scuttled my remaining boats. But, I can't imagine that those units are the issue. I got a losing screen, my civ should be out. This is very strange.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Has anyone asked Multiplayer Robot about this? It'd be nice if they could add a feature where one player could control multiple Civs, for situations like this.

@Gargoyle said:
    Has anyone asked Multiplayer Robot about this? It'd be nice if they could add a feature where one player could control multiple Civs, for situations like this.

That's in the works for the new version. The one that is supposed to support Beyond Earth, and was scheduled to be out Jan2015... They're a bit behind.

• @GHoosdum can you resubmit, no mods needed. I figured out how to use the SDK and I'll enable always war in our game when it comes to me again.

• I didn't do anything and the turn is back to you, so let me know if I need to take action.

• I believe @Basil reverted even earlier so we are back 2 turns. @Tushon I offered up that coal trade again.

Regarding ghost @CB I used the SDK during my turn to kill his 1 unit the game thinks/thought he had, disable complete kills, and enable no changing war or peace. So I think we should be good now.

RyderGargBasil

@PirateNinja said:
    Regarding ghost CB I used the SDK during my turn to kill his 1 unit the game thinks/thought he had, disable complete kills, and enable no changing war or peace. So I think we should be good now.

Awesome! How do you go about doing this?

• @Gargoyle said:
    Awesome! How do you go about doing this?

In Steam/library/tools I installed the Civ 5 SDK
    then in
    blablabla\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini
    I set EnableTuner = 1 (have since put it back at 0)

Then I loaded up the civ 5 sdk and used a tool called FireTuner
    Next I loaded up our game save, and FireTuner from there hooks in to Civ's current live game. You are given access to this thing called the LUA console which lets you control every single aspect of the game. In fact now that I've learned about it, and explained it here, none of you better use this for cheating :tongue:

Then I worked late last night to make up for the hour I spent figuring this out.

The saving grace is that the documentation on this is bad and the api website is hard to find even then.

Garg
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

If you can write LUA code, you can program World of Warcraft! You will make millions!

@PirateNinja said:
    Stuff about the SDK and LUA

Nice! I just assumed that the saves were encrypted and that wouldn't be possible. Well, now I have ideas. Next time we start a game, I'll save backups of previous saves, and see if I can do some data visualization after it's over. Providing of course there's a way in the console to extract territory, unit positions, stats, and other neat stuff.

• You can extract everything, it's absurd. http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Lua_and_UI_Reference_(Civ5)
    It's a debug tool for the fraxis devs and mod makers.

If I really would have made the time I could have found out exactly what the unit was the ghost CB had but that involved learning how to loop through an iteration using .Units() and I just CBA, was in a hurry.

Garg

I don't think it will notify you when it comes around to your turn, but @Basil lost an artillery from fighter bombardment. There are quite a few dickplanes now, so we can't get flight soon enough. I'll have a great scientist the same turn we get flight, so that should give us a little boost.

I built a caravan thinking I could get gold from trading with humans, but apparently not, so I sent @Basil some food. Later on when we can breathe long enough to build caravans, more food trades would be good so we can support more units.

• Since killing that city north of me I've been getting hammered. My investment in navy in order to kill it has resulted in a massive invasion of DB GWI. If you guys want me to stay alive I either need oil and airplanes or better infantry. I can hold off for 5-6 turns most likely. Working on a navy kill of the city south of me now which might, if nothing else, bring their airplanes back down to me allowing you guys to do better for a bit.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I think I'm likely going to be out in a few turns. North and south have both been working on artillery and infantry towards me every turn.

No one work on Biology - I'll grab it free with my great scientist next turn. Then we can get some oil for planes.

edited October 2015

@Gargoyle said:
    No one work on Biology - I'll grab it free with my great scientist next turn. Then we can get some oil for planes.

aaaand I forgot that I just get some beakers and not a free tech. So, my Great pretty good Scientist saved us a turn on Replaceable Parts.

S'ok, Imma march into Kyoto next turn!

Damn.

PirateNinjaGHoosdum

Nice work taking out Izumo, @Basil! I should have Kyoto taken care of soon, which will take a little air assault pressure off.

PirateNinjaBasil
    edited November 2015

Good news - I allied with and got oil from Tyre! Now I can build up to three fighters to protect from the aerial raids I'm starting to feel the pain from. If we're lucky, Tyre will scuffle with the Dickbots, now.

If anyone else is rigging elections in Tyre, plx stahp, because if I lose that oil I'll be super sad.

Unfortunately, I can't trade oil from a city-state, but I am working on taking the oil from Satsuma to the north of me that I will be able to trade. It'll be awhile before I can take it, improve it, and hold it, though.

//icrontic.com/uploads/editor/7l/dta0vg4z40vv.jpg

CBPirateNinjaBasil
  • I have somewhat good news, I have access to 7 oil..kind of:

The issue at hand is I can't keep up with the invasion in my borders enough to send the general to the tile to build the citadel. I'd also need a non military building turn to make a worker. Then I would need to secure it.

I'm now taking it from submarines and destroyers along with the relentless land unit flow from all over. It's interesting and telling, the AI has sent land and navy units from the cities farthest from me. I think the AI is targeting me because my military is the weakest by the numbers which are highly dependent on infantry units. I have been all navy for a while now. So starting next turn I'll start building up GIs to counter the relatively dumb AI algorithm. I need to give up on the naval campaign for the time being anyway, sub+destroyer killing me.

@PirateNinja said:
    I have somewhat good news, I have access to 7 oil..kind of:

The issue at hand is I can't keep up with the invasion in my borders enough to send the general to the tile to build the citadel. I'd also need a non military building turn to make a worker. Then I would need to secure it.

You should be able to plop a general fort on top of the oil and get the resource instantly. That would mean you wouldn't have to build and protect a worker, but you'd still have to hold the fort.

This was bugged for me in FFA02, but that was in combination with the resource being pillaged first, so maybe it would work here.

PirateNinja
  • I didn't know you could get a resource by planting a citadel on it, that makes things simple. Then I should have 7 oil for us in 4ish turns.

@PirateNinja said:
    I didn't know you could get a resource by planting a citadel on it, that makes things simple. Then I should have 7 oil for us in 4ish turns.

All Great Improvements (Citadel, Holy Site, Manufactory (GA improvements were removed in the latest expansion, I think?)) always also grant the resource under them. Those Great People are versatile dudes

PirateNinjaGarg

Dickbots just completed the Manhattan Project.

Basil
  • So I've placed my general and my best ranged defense infantry on top of the oil. I have to deal with 3 artillery and 6 zeros that could hit as well as infantry. I am hoping the AI isn't smart enough to focus on them, if I lose the general it will be a sad day but I'm running out of time. I'm also under naval blockade.

@GHoosdum I think you could take that city north of where you have your navy stationed. You have an admiral and you and @Tushon have some artillery south of it. I'd highly recommend a full naval attack on that city. Meanwhile, if you have high population and aren't under constant need for units it may be a good time to build the research lab. Japan finishes the great firewall next turn. My spies don't see anybody building nukes yet, but we also can't see where the Uranium is.

This is a real fuck fight.

BasilGarg
    edited November 2015

I'm on Atomic Theory now, but I'm switching to Ballistics next turn. We need AA guns, bad. I just watched @Basil lose three units to fighter bombardment, and @Tushon has been getting hammered by bombers for awhile. We'll never have enough oil to counter those with fighter intercepts.

I'm working on Satsuma, hopefully will have it in 4 or 5 turns if I don't lose too many artillery to planes. Satsuma is a decent science producer for the dickbots, so I'm looking forward to taking it out. It's also building a settler this turn, and I'll try to run it down. Once it's in the ocean, though, I can't stop it.

@PirateNinja said:
    This is a real fuck fight.

QFT.