do you guys love windows 10??

do you guys love windows 10?? is it worth it?

http://strawpoll.me/5980056

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2015

Unless you're system can't handle the requirements, or you like the old widgets, there is no good reason not to upgrade.

SonorousMt_Goat
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Yes.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Yeah it's fine

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Love? I dunno. I love a few things, but I don't know that I could ever say that about an OS.

I do, however, rather enjoy Windows10.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2015

I enjoy using and running Windows 10. I believe that it's Microsoft's best OS to date, and that the circlejerking over anonymous performance telemetry is overblown.

SonorousCycloniteMt_Goat
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    edited November 2015

For a majority of people, it's perfectly fine. There's a few odd scenarios that the telemetry concerns are valid (I work in the healthcare industry and as a byproduct am super conscious of HIPPA/HITECH regulations and requirements) but outside of those, I'd suggest using it. It's everything I wanted Windows 8 to be.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Thrax said:
    I enjoy using and running Windows 10. I believe that it's Microsoft's best OS to date, and that the circlejerking over anonymous performance telemetry is overblown.

I can't give this enough Real Talkery...

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

I <3 Windows 10

• Make sure there are drivers for your hardware first. Upgrading to Windows 10 on my laptop resulted in an unusable system, and I finally gave up and switched my laptop over to Linux as there was no discernible way to fix it. Windows 10 on my desktop is alright... I don't know that I actually like it better than Windows 7...

I definitely don't love Windows 10, and the privacy concerns are always warranted in this day and age (no matter how much "Microsoft would never do anything bad with our information" fanboyism gets thrown out there). I'd say, if you're happy with your current setup, don't bother unless you have a compelling reason to.

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2015

The GUI is a big improvement over 8/8.1. Multiple desktops, so it's finally caught up with Linux on that important feature. Cortana is a nice feature and adds a big improvement to intuitively managing your experience. It's a free upgrade, so there's that.

The problem though, Windows is still Windows....

The perceptual need for local updates and patches. It's constant, it isn't so bad for a single home user but if your are working on several a day, or a corporate deployment, local updates are and continue to be a necessary evil of an antiquated software delivery method.

I don't like their inability to seal the gaping security hole that is IE and that it's still there lurking in the dark. I've seen several users switch back to it because "I don't like Edge" (translation, change scares me)... IE needs to die. Microsoft needs to be bold, go to their corporate customers and say, you have one year to move your old IE6 compatible customized applications... Good Luck... and kill IE for good.

I work on a little bit of everything. Just about every popular consumer computer of the past few years has been in my hands this year. I have formed strong opinions about where computing has been and where it is going.... Sincerely, I've touched some pretty impressive hardware and nothing has impressed me more than the Acer Chromebook 15. - http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/acerchromebook15c910

The cloud, non localized updates, consistent experience across devices. Google is the future, Microsoft is clinging onto the past.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I enjoy Windows 10 but have not used enough of the new features to know if the bulk of it is the new hardware I installed it on or Windows itself.

I am a rare bird in that I enjoyed Windows 7 and 8.

-Digi

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    I enjoy Windows 10 but have not used enough of the new features to know if the bulk of it is the new hardware I installed it on or Windows itself.

I am a rare bird in that I enjoyed Windows 7 and 8.

-Digi

8/8.1 wasn't so bad once you wrangled the metro start menu and made it bend to your will. I do miss the ability to customize my folders in the programs section of the start menu like you could in 7.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

Just go to Mint. It's smooth and easy. For most things it is now my everyday system.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    edited November 2015

I wouldn't say love. I mean I spend of my time with her but we both know I like to keep my options open, occasionally hooking up with a Linux. Sometimes man my shallowness shows and I go after the Mac in the short tight skirt.