Star Wars Battlefront

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    Anybody pew pew tonight?

I'll be pew pewing all night. Gonna be gud.

PirateNinja
  • See I can only speak for me, and I just don't care about Fallout. I care about Star Wars and Battlefront is an experience I want but the reviews I have read say it's a limited experience at sixty dollars. I want the entire product. Something complete fully realized with tons of depth that I can keep going back to and that will keep a community engaged.

Look at how the community for Titanfall thined out in just a few months. One game mode on the same tired launch day maps was all that anyone played, the experience stalled and ultimately EA gave away the Season pass content as part of a reduced price game to salvage the IP by keeping people interested.

Let's see what kind of player count and variety game play we have in Battlefront in six months and when it's a community of around 100 guys all playing Walker Assault over and over again you can tell me I was right.

EA tax is bad for multilayer gaming.

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2015

It was really fun playing the beta with you Cliff, and I respect your opinion because it's based on your own experience with the game and the fact that you read the positive reviews as well.

In fact, even though I preordered and loved the beta I don't think I'm going to play any more. You have saved me so much time and effort by posting this hours before launch and right after I asked who was going to play tonight. Thank you. No, God bless you for saving me in my most desperate hour. Thank you clifford one kanobi, you are my only hope.

Cliff_Forster
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    I'll be pew pewing all night. Gonna be gud.

Preloading now!

DontCallMeKelso
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Pre-loaded, pumped, and ready for Battlefront! Woot woot!

Fun so far except whenever I finish a game I lose all my sound effects. Music and some other things stay but everything else goes silent. I guess that just means it is bedtime.

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

rrrrr22222222

@pseudonym said:
    Fun so far except whenever I finish a game I lose all my sound effects. Music and some other things stay but everything else goes silent. I guess that just means it is bedtime.

I've noticed a few other people complaining about this in game, but it seems to have stopped for me. Don't know why.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

UPSLynx

@pseudonym said:
    I've noticed a few other people complaining about this in game, but it seems to have stopped for me. Don't know why.

That is a classic DICE/Frostbyte bug. Pretty sure it happened in BF3, BF4, BFH, and now SWBF. Pain in the butt, but should be fixed before too long.

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

ChoochJBoogaloo
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2015

Player count already taking a dive. - It's going to be just like TitanFall, in a few months they will have to give away all the Season content to prop up the community and salvage the IP. People are already bored with it, and that is a shame. I'm telling ya, this new business model sucks the life out of multiplayer shooters. Give me all the core content and maps for one price and just have me pay extra for skins and maybe a fancy weapon here and there.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

He's (possibly) not wrong, he's just saying it with maximum salt. Which isn't much different than your reply, really.

primesuspectGnomeQueenCliff_ForsterJBoogaloo
  • It's not about right or wrong, it's about repeatedly stopping in an enthusiast thread and saying negative things about it for reasons unknown. Let's say you guys are playing Magic, and I hover over your shoulders and tell you how bad the game is every couple of hours. Or if every week I felt compelled to hop in the WOW forums and tell them how bad I think Blizzard's business model is.

Or maybe it is about right and wrong, in which case I can explain why the post in question is irrational but what's the point? I'd rather just mention that I'll be playing this coming weekend and I hope to see some of you guys on Mumble/Origin. Pew pew Star Wars.

ThraxUPSLynxDontCallMeKelsoIlriyas
  • Being serious, Nobody, absolutely nobody loves Star Wars more than I do. I want this to succeed, and by succeed I don't mean EA producing $110 in content each year Call of Duty style, what I mean is building a game that will have longevity for gamers, a vibrant community that stands the test of time, a game we will look at years from now and still see value in playing together.

More value for the Star Wars enthusiast might actually mean more value for EA as well, but this near sighted strategy fragments the community and lessens the initial value for gamers and kills the IP before it really gets on the ground running.

My concerns are valid. Just because we happen to like a couple people that work for EA doesn't mean we can't challenge things, frankly that's all the more reason to do so. If I worked on something you cared about and you had a gripe with something I'd want you to tell me.

EA's marketing plan for this gorgeous game is going to sap it of it's real long term potential for gamers. That's what I'm saying. If nobody cares what I think, that's cool... But.... I'm usually right. Just saying....

primesuspectJBoogaloo
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2015

Just because we happen to like a couple people that work for EA doesn't mean we can't challenge things

That's not what rankles people about your posts. What rankles them is that you insist on shitting on something they enjoy or love at every available opportunity. Once is not enough for you.

IlriyasDontCallMeKelso
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Okay we need to stop attacking individuals. Can we just get back on track here and talk about the game rather than having the meta discussion about each other?

Cliff_Forstermidga
  • @Thrax said:

Just because we happen to like a couple people that work for EA doesn't mean we can't challenge things

That's not what rankles people about your posts. What rankles them is that you insist on shitting on something they enjoy or love at every available opportunity. Once is not enough for you.

I had new data supporting my concern.

I'm not shitting on anything, I'm just offering a point of view on something that I'm passionate about.

Anyhow, that's that. I will never comment on this post again to avoid damaging any sensitive feelings. Pew Pew away....

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Anyone rumors of Episode 7 stuff in an add-on?

edited November 2015

@PirateNinja said:
    It's not about right or wrong, it's about repeatedly stopping in an enthusiast thread and saying negative things about it for reasons unknown.

I didn't say Cliff wasn't being a little bit of a jerk with his tone - in fact, I was politely agreeing on that point. What I did say was: you escalated it. And then you responded by doing it again.

Someone being a little bit of a jerk is not a license to be a bigger jerk. In fact, it demands the opposite. Icrontic used to be able to handle that without me putting on my moderator hat in the middle of the workday.

JBoogaloo
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

SignalRyder
    edited December 2015

@Thrax said:
    What rankles them is that you insist on shitting on something they enjoy or love at every available opportunity. Once is not enough for you.

If that was the threshold for trolling, I'd have banned you all ages ago for what happens when I bring up Apple products.

What rankles "them" is that his opinion is a little bit infuriating to them and they've all discussed it and decided they're righteous so, fuck civility, let's call him out as a troll.

And I'm saying nope.

RyderCliff_Forster
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2015

If we were in the business of de-escalating this thread, I reckon we just failed spectacularly.

LincRyanFodderMAGIC
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian

I've been having a blast playing this game and am super hyped for the new map they're releasing.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I think Cliff has a valid point. Some of the things I have read here and around the web have actually prevented me from getting SWBF so far. I don't really want to pay that much for a game that feels to have less content than what BF4 or Hardline has. While it's true that I have only played the beta, as far as a beta goes, it was pretty telling as to what my $60 would get me. Now, my opinion my be completely off base and without fact, but as it stands with the information I have received I'll wait for a sale to pick this up.

Cliff_Forster

Dude. Seriously?

Can we PLEASE. PLEEEAAASSSSEEEE go back to talking about video games? This is outright pathetic.

GnomeQueenRyder
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

@Signal said:
    Anyone rumors of Episode 7 stuff in an add-on?

This is probably why I'm most excited for Episode VII. What adventure awaits for developers to help expand upon in games such as this?

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Wouldn't mind a Rogue Squadron reboot myself.

Cliff_Forster