World of Warcraft: $18 to get playing with Icrontic

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

Today the Battle.net store is listing World of Warcraft at $4.99 for the base game and $12.49 for the current expansion. That means for under $18 you can get playing with the Icrontic guild.

We're having a blast. The guild has grown significantly in the past two months and we're doing all kinds of things, from levelling new characters and exploring the game slowly to progression raiding at Heroic levels. The guild is very active, especially considering that this is normally the "lull" time before a new expansion (Legion) launches next year. If you've never played WoW before this is a great time to get involved because the IC guild is supportive and there's always someone on who is willing to help new players learn the ropes. We've taken several people from zero to hero and we're always happy to do it again. Raiding not your thing? We have lots of people who love to play low-level characters and go slowly while helping people explore the vast worlds of Azeroth, Outlands, and Draenor.

If you do decide to play, let us know! Join the Kel'Thuzad server, choose the Alliance, and jump in. The water's warm!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Well I have horde toons on Tortheldrin and Hyjal if you want to play with me!

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@MikQuattro got so good he left us for a better guild and now he just comes back to beat us all in DPS!

primesuspectRyder
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

They still making you pay $15 a month or whatever? And you Hasbrouck to buy the game and the expansion too?

Yes and yes

Probably still one of the most efficient $15/mon that I've ever spent.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    ...the IC guild is supportive and there's always someone on who is willing to help new players learn the ropes. We've taken several people from zero to hero and we're always happy to do it again.

I can vouch for that. the guild sure helped me develop as a player...and I look forward to rejoining the ranks when life gets a bit more stable

primesuspect
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2015

I haven't played since they introduced the game time tokens.

How much do those sell for generally? Auction house gambling used to be a favorite pastime of mine. Is it feasible to fund your game time with gold in game?

I can tell you that I know people that pay for their game time just by playing. It takes a couple of hours a week of dedicated farming, but it's usually out of the way in one day; farming old content for mats to sell, farming for transmog greens to sell on the AH, crafting, etc... the tokens go for between 20k - 30k gold and it's really not that hard to earn that much in a single week. It's definitely viable to not have to pay actual money to play.

MAGIC

If they made it free to play with subscription, I'd be more willing. If I had time to dedicate to playing... but have to pay over $30 to play for a month...

Over $30 to play for a month? Pourquoi?

$18 will get you the base game + current expansion + 30 days gametime.

It technically can be free to play because you can buy WoW tokens in the game's auction house with in-game gold, which can be earned in about a day or two's worth of in-game work.

@QCH said:
    If they made it free to play with subscription, I'd be more willing. If I had time to dedicate to playing... but have to pay over $30 to play for a month...

What? You pay $30 one-time to get the game, first months play time and expansion to be 100% current, then $15/month afterward. You can play the game up to a certain level without subscription or buying the base game anyways.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

You can't make 20-30K gold as a level 1 in 1-2 days. Maybe at Level 100 and a full level 3 navy, etc. But you can't do it as a starting player @primesuspect

MAGIC
    edited November 2015

I dunno man. I started a new player on Hyjal with no heirlooms and no gold, no guild, etc. In about ten hours of play I have 2k gold just doing low-level skinning and enchanting DE dust on the AH and that is with VERY minimal effort on my part (meaning I'm just skinning mobs while questing, not specifically farming them, and DEing green item drops). Obviously I know exactly what to do and where to go so I have a slight advantage but it's definitely possible. Not saying it doesn't require work and some grinding, but it's certainly achievable.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

The in-game price of the token started out in the 20k region and has steadily inflated since. Currently it's at 38k. My monk, who I play relatively little of, makes ~40k a month from the garrison missions alone. I haven't payed for WoW since the Token launch.

With a lot of effort as a lowbie you can probably do it but the ample gold gain just form being in Draenor makes it so much easier. Also depends on realm auctions price trends.

Ideally, you'll be playing with friends in the endgame content and therefore having the opportunity to if not regularly making the money to pay for it.

And @QCH the subscription fee is $14.99 a month OR in-game gold, not $30 a month, so I'm not sure what you're thinking of.

buy the game for $18 then $15 per month.

First month is included, but okay :D