The Prince of Icrontic is a man now

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

Happy Birthday @freshyp.

It's quite remarkable to see a young adult emerge from the teenage years. There are still plenty of glimpses of childhood to be had but more and more, day by day, though conversation snippets, behaviors, and actions, you watch the man your son is going to become arise out of what is left of your memories. You get nostalgic for simple things like his ridiculously wispy fuzzy blond hair in the mornings when he was 5, or the feel of holding him against your chest while he slept as a baby, or playing Legos on the floor with him. Sometimes you even miss cleaning up those Thomas trains one more time... those days are replaced with handing over $20 bills, driving them everywhere, and dealing with their sometimes very adult problems right alongside with them... things that seem tiring but are actually just as fulfilling in their own strange way.

There's not much that makes you reflect on the ebb and flow of our lives quite like having a kid of yours turn 18. Obviously age is just a number but it's also a concrete symbol of the stages of life.

I love you, Perry. I'm so proud of the man you've become. You're loyal, smart, self-aware, kind, and inspiring. You're a good person and you're good for this world.

RahnalH102TushonChoochGnomeQueenKwitkoGargMiracleManSMAGICUPSLynxoni_delsLeahVoiceStraight_ManJBoogaloo

Comments

• adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian

@primesuspect said:

"I love you, Perry. I'm so proud of the man you've become. You're loyal, smart, self-aware, kind, and inspiring. You're a good person and you're good for this world."

Reading your post and especially this last line made tears well in my eyes. What I would have given to have heard those words from my father now passed. Unfortunately, it was not his upbringing to be 'nurturing'. "You're a good person and you're good for this world"...................... maybe, but what is true is primesuspect is a really good father. "Shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel. Things are gonna be much better if you only will."

primesuspect