Dreamcast 2?

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

Big, big grain of salt:

http://www.projectdream.co/

They have "something" to announce nine days from now.

Comments

• SignalSignal Icrontian

I predict the Phantom will be making a comeback.

primesuspectpigflipperCyrixInstead
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Half Life 3 confirmed.

primesuspectCliff_Forster
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

It can never live up to the hype or the history.

Guppy
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Just played my Dreamcast yesterday.

@Thrax said:
    It can never live up to the hype or the history.

Q4T.

-Digi

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Nintendo Dolphin confirmed

pigflipper
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the possibility of a new JSR game is sending my hype into overdrive.

@primesuspect said:
    Big, big grain of salt:

http://www.projectdream.co/

They have "something" to announce nine days from now.

What context indicates this is a Dreamcast announcement? I'm on mobile so it might be different, but I don't see anything mentioning Dreamcast on the page.

-Digi

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

If it is a "Dreamcast 2", it'll be in no way affiliated or supported by SEGA.

primesuspect

@BobbyDigi said:
    What context indicates this is a Dreamcast announcement? I'm on mobile so it might be different, but I don't see anything mentioning Dreamcast on the page.

-Digi

No context on the page, but here's an article that talks about Project Dream and links to that page.
    thegg.net/hot-news/the-sega-dreamcast-2-project-are-very-much-alive-say-hello-to-project-dream/

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

There's a trailer of sorts that plays in the background of the page. It references 1999, and shows some of the footage from the old announce trailer and commercials.

BobbyDigi
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited December 2015

visual boy 2 confirmed

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    If it is a "Dreamcast 2", it'll be in no way affiliated or supported by SEGA.

And will not survive the lawsuit.

• RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    edited December 2015
  • @UPSLynx said:

@BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

There's a trailer of sorts that plays in the background of the page. It references 1999, and shows some of the footage from the old announce trailer and commercials.

Also, the title of the page is "Dreamcast Revival".....

@ardichoke said:
    Also, the title of the page is "Dreamcast Revival".....

Lul, Nice catch.

-Digi

The reveal happened today and it wasn't the news that I'm sure a lot of people wanted to hear.

The folks behind Project Dream say they have plans to get Sega back into the hardware game. With their team of "hardware engineers, experience and user interface designers, developers, entrepreneurs, and game industry insiders," they're working on a proposal to present at Sega HQ which includes a "go-to-market strategy, hardware prototypes, and full user interface prototypes." So we'll have to wait and see if anything comes of it, but I'm not holding my breath.

• At least they're not asking people to kickstart their proposal to Sega... so there won't be thousands of fanboys frothing at the mouth when this falls flat.

_k
  • I had very little iterest in the Dreamcast initially but when the PS2 came out and Sears did a rock bottom clearance on it I walked out of the store with a console, an extra controller and about 20 titles for $120.

It was the last console that was more focused with bringing the arcade home than creating a wholly unique home experience. I loved it, it was... dare I say, casual... It was a casual gamers console, and I thought the OUYA had a opportunity to fit that kind of niche but I'm afraid mobile is the new casual. I don't think there is space for it to succeed.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I absolutely loved my Dreamcast and have some fantastic memories with it. Sad, what happened there.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Happy birthday, DreamCast.