Steam Holiday Meltdown

ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
edited December 2015 in Gaming

It seems that Steam had a major issue today where logging in to any account would grant access to a different account. At this point, they have shut down the Steam store until the issue is resolved. If you have your credit card stored, or PayPal linked with Steam, you'll want to go check your account to make sure no one made a purchase with your account.

http://kotaku.com/steam-goes-nuts-offers-access-to-other-peoples-account-1749718979

trooster89

Comments

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2015
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

so... i can get back onto steam store now...i took the risk because i have no payment method stored. i assume that means that they have fixed the issue

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Yuuuuup that's a pretty big fuck up.

i wonder how much this is going to kill their holiday sales

• That site is not affiliated with Steam or Valve in any way. It even says so right at the top. There has been no information released by Valve yet.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2015

And I doubt we will hear anything from Valve at all about the issue.

Or I could be completely wrong.

http://kotaku.com/steam-goes-nuts-offers-access-to-other-peoples-account-1749718979

Article has been updated.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

If someone got to see my glorious profile for a brief moment, it probably made their Christmas. They were just sharing the love.

-Digi

primesuspect

anyone else having problems with friends page since the meltdown? mine hasnt loaded since they shut down the store

This morning has been more of a "No page will load" than the "It loaded someone else's page" caching problem yesterday. Yes, a lot of people are having troubles today.

-Digi

Hero
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

I haven't had any problems today.

Started smoothing out shortly after I posted my previous post. Woke up early (9ish naturally) and felt great so decided not to go back to sleep and wake up feeling poopy. Figures Steam was having issues so I couldn't play the market. Such is life.

-Digi

@BobbyDigi, you play the steam market?? i had heard of people doing that, do you actually trade on it? or do you just sell the stuff you earn through gameplay

point taken... :hiding:

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I hope you don't misinterpret: @BobbyDigi is a big-time trader and loves talking about the Steam economy, trading, and all that stuff. He'll be very excited to talk shop with you I'm sure :digi:

BobbyDigi

oh, i thought you were suggesting that it was a sore subject. lol

Prime speaks truth. Away from my PC tonight but I'll be happy to talk shop with you, advice, or even just answer any questions you have :-)

-Digi

perhaps one evening when we are both on steam i will knock on your screen, and we can discuss it. it does seem to be an interesting subject

BobbyDigi