Need a good video editor program.

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian
edited December 2015 in Internet & Media

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and was excited to find that it has a built in game recording software, the same the Xbone has. The only problem is the audio comes out too low. So I tried running it through Windows movie maker, but it doesn't have the sound mixing capabilities I need. So here's what I need, I need two suggestions one for a good free video editor and one for a better, moderately priced one to go to once I find a job.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2015

Windows Movie maker is as good as it gets for free. There are others, but they don't have any better features, and they are 90% malware.

When you have the cash, Premier Pro is as good as it gets on Windows.

As a work around, you can edit the audio with Audacity (as good as sound editing gets for free) and import it into Movie Maker.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

@CB said:
    When you have the cash, Final Cut Pro is as good as it gets on Windows.

wait, what? Unless there is some workaround that I am unaware of. I don't think that is possible.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Oops, you're right, of course. My brain was thinking Premier Pro, but my fingers typed Final Cut Pro (which is as good as it gets on iOS, BTW)

Original post edited to reflect reality.

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I use MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2014 and it works well on my end.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

If you are only adjusting audio levels, Final Cut and Premier Pro are overkill. Premier elements might be better suited for your needs, but honestly, some freeware download would most likely do the trick.

• You could look into Avidemux, it's pretty good for really simple things (like transcoding or adjusting gain on the audio).