Thanks

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Community
I keep seeing "thanks mediaman, shorty, prime" .... You're welcome.. We did this for you guys.

BUT,

This was way bigger than just the three of us. There are other people who deserve just as much recognition as the three of us:

First of all, I'd like to thank TD_ISLES for his amazing dedication and hard work. He is a coding maniac who is going above and beyond the call. This guy is a pro. Thank you, Seth.

Next, General Keebler, because without his unbelievable efforts, we would not have 100 MEMBERS ON LAUNCH DAY. He kept the community together over at AMDFORUMS.COM and has done nothing but work endless hours re-creating lost threads by hand from the stuff that was lost. He has hunted down and found most of us, our avatars, and other information that would have been gone forever without him. Thank you, Matt.

Park_7677, for doing so much work on the backend coding, and backing up td_isles when he needed it. You, too, have given us more than we can ever repay you in return. Thanks, Ross.

-tk, for giving us the platform that we built this site on. He has put in insanely long hours, pulled allnighters, and busted his ass getting the server OS and software tightened down and making sure everything was stable. Thanks, Thom.

Our friends and affiliates at amdforums.com, especially buiescreek, for letting us use their site as a gathering place while waiting for this one to launch. Their selfless attitude will be forever remembered by this site. Thanks, frogs.

Our friends and affiliates at addaboy.com, especially kanezfan, for letting even more members collect there, and providing the community at large all the latest news and information, and giving us the lowdown on his radio show. Thanks, Jon.

Thank you, the members, for signing up , supporting us, and making this day probably one of the most successful first-day launches of any forum site ever. We did it for you guys.

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Thanks you everyone. I cant say enough for giving everyone a home again.:)
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    aaaaaaaaawwwwww, you're welcome.
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited June 2003
    Thanks guys!
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Yeah, thanks! Y'all made a decade's worth of a difference :)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Get that necro badge!
    I guess, I just thought it was a nice post and wanted to bump it. It's a little surreal to go back and read through threads from 2003, even when you weren't involved back then. Especially the technology-related stuff. Sorta mind-blowing to think how much has changed...
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Was incredibly confused by the June date for a second...
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    One of my greatest accomplishments. It was so clear to me how vitally important it all was at the time... and yet seems slightly crazy in retrospect.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    lol at "TD_ISLES" and "GENERAL KEEBLER"
    One of my greatest accomplishments. It was so clear to me how vitally important it all was at the time... and yet seems slightly crazy in retrospect.
    It's amazing sometimes the clarity and certainty with which we can see things at critical moments, even when we don't know they're critical at the time. It was apparently worth it :D