steam games for old computers

HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian
edited January 2016 in Gaming

For christmas i got a $20 steam card, and it forced me to realize that there are steam games for guys with handicapped computers. my question for you all is; what are your favorite steam games that meet these requirements?

PS: I love older games. there are so many old games that i drooled over when they came out, but never had a chance to play.

as an unofficial benchmark, these are the games i have had success with:
Adventure Capitalist
Doom 3: BFG Edition // havent noticed any lag, but im not far into the game yet
Euro Truck Simulator 2 // slight lag on low settings. like maybe 1/4 second
Team Fortress 2 // runs surprisingly well when i reduce the fancy stuff like reflections and particles. no lag noticed
Terraria // works great

HL2, Portal, Fallout: New Vegas are all impossible to play either from lag or just plain not loading

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Flight Control HD. Fight me in Air Traffic Control, beat my high scores.

Hero
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

now im really wishing i didnt buy goat simulator last night. @sonorous, would you recommend any one in particular?

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Knights of the Old Republic is a classic. And it's only $3.

SonorousHeroCB
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@XGPHero I would suggest the ones that are RPGs. Watch some reviews and such to get an idea of what they are like.

Hero
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

thanks guys, this is a great list! i see a number of games i wanted but never had a chance to play. Deus Ex for example. im gonna put games in a list for later since i now have 2 star wars games to play thanks to someones generosity. :biggrin:

Good Call @Guppy, i picked up Doom BFG edition christmas morning because i new i could play at least 2 of them and if i could play the third it would only be a bonus. ie no disappointments.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Morrowind! I can't tell you how many hours I sank into that game.

Hero
  • Quake II

Plants vs. Zombies

Another World

Limbo

Red Faction

HeroprimesuspectWinfrey
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

I am going to second KOTOR and Longest Journey, two of my all time favorite games that definitely don't need a lot of power to run.

Hero
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2016

Commander Keen (or anything else from the old id library)

Heroprimesuspect