You should watch Steven Universe, and we should talk about it.

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Steven Bomb 3 is upon us, and holy balls is it off to a big start.

I'll be on mumble each night if anyone wants to join me in watching. This is seriously gonna be a big one:

Basil
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2015

Body so ready.

//EDIT: Last night's episode. Scandalous Pearl.

Pearl is so screwed. I predict a complete break down by the end of this week.

GnomeQueen

Predicting here: Rose comes back, possibly to save Pearl. It's not permanent.

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian

...I don't know if you guys have Gem Streams or not, but I don't think I need to explain this one.

UPSLynx

Holy crap. The circle is complete.

@BHHammy said:
    ...I don't know if you guys have Gem Streams or not, but I don't think I need to explain this one.

I wish, but since none of the episodes survive on YouTube, we can't do it. Also, since the show kind of needs to be watched in order, streams just wouldn't be as fun.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

"Garnet's Universe" by DukeStewart

Spoilered cause if someone hasn't followed along then maybe spoils.

Thrax
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    Holy crap. The circle is complete.

I wish, but since none of the episodes survive on YouTube, we can't do it. Also, since the show kind of needs to be watched in order, streams just wouldn't be as fun.

We could always do the earlier episodes, you know before srs.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

"PeriTails and AmethySonic" by Chibiirose

by Bleedman

CB
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

RahnalH102

Thrax

ThraxRahnalH102

SO. GOOD.

Dat Yellow Diamond.

Chooch

oh man, that was good.

ChoochRahnalH102UPSLynx

In other news, I found the Sadie's Song and the Connie sword episode to be pretty droll. I know the sword episode sets up Connie to have more freedom in her swordfighting narrative, but for the first time in a while I felt like my time was a little squandered.

Sadie's song. Ugh. Terrible.

UPSLynx

Sadie's Song is, in my opinion, one of if not the worst episode of Steven Universe yet. I was glad to see some development of Sadie and her mom, it's cool to see that kind of depth added to a secondary character.

But seriously. Painful. Not to mention we sat through months of hiatus, and came back to nightmare hospital (which was OK at best) and Sadie's Song, and neither of which advanced the plot or, you know, featured any of the crystal gems. Painful.

The creators swear up and down that no episodes of this show are filler, and I want to believe that, but I can't bring myself to care about any of the story angles made with Sadie's Song. So bad.

That being said - the last two episodes are so damn good. Catch And Release + When it Rains are FANTASTIC, and finally put the big picture storyline back on track. I can't wait for next week. I need more.

edited October 2015

The last two episodes are fantastic.

As an aside, I've also noticed that it's really difficult to track the episode and season numbers for SU. TheTVDB labels them differently from the chronological order, which is different from the CN airing order. So if you go to find the most recent episode, it's really difficult to know what episode number it actually is. Back To the Barn, for example, could be episode 19 or 20. Nobody really knows.

Onion Friend might be S2E16 or S2E13, and everyone is really confused about the episode number of Say Uncle. It was a season 2 episode, but aired in season 1?

Yeah, the whole thing is kind of a mess, mostly in part due to Cartoon Network trying to maximize viewership.

Ian James-Quarterly, the supervising director on the show, did a post that puts all of Season 1 in intended-air order. This is what should be considered appropriate order for Season 1:

http://ianjq.tumblr.com/post/123939657564/now-that-all-the-season-1-episodes-are-out-could

Hopefully, he does this with Season 2 as well. It gets super confusing. Google Play's order convention is different than, say, the air date order found on World of Steven Universe. It annoys me a lot.

GnomeQueen

RahnalH102UPSLynxcola

THEY HAVE MY VOTE.

RahnalH102UPSLynxChooch
    edited January 2016

Spoiler! (I tried to use the tag and it didn't work?)

elyxandracola

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian