Bravely Second demo next week

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian

'nuff said.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I don't know if there is anyone here knows what this is besides you and I. Which is bad, because Bravely Default was awesome.

mertesn
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited March 2016

So we should avoid this? Because that's what you seem to be doing here. :D

No, un-avoid it. Play Bravely Default.

mertesn
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I think I tried to play Bravely Default once and it wouldn't run, and I never went back.

• StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE Icrontian

I enjoyed it for what it was, but I haven't beat it yet. I should probably get on that...

Personally, I liked the gameplay but just couldn't get into the story without MST3K'ing it. I'm not a fan of campiness, though.

You know the thing is, the story is super campy in the beginning and then suddenly gets real. Character development is super, super important to me in games and at first I was in the same boat about Bravely Default: Cringey, cutesy fairy, super anime tropes, really basic whiney characters, over-dramatic everything, etc.... And then suddenly everything got WAY better and the characters actually developed, the story became great, and everything got serious. I kind of felt like it was intentional, designed to poke fun at typical JRPG tropes.

Strikesmertesn
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@mertesn said:
    'nuff said.

Turns out, it wasn't. :p

Strikes

@CB said:
    I think I tried to play Bravely Default once and it wouldn't run, and I never went back.

It... wouldn't run? It's a 3DS cartridge game.. If it doesn't run, it can only be a physical hardware issue.

I must be thinking of something else then. This was a PC game. Maybe another game with a similarly word-salad name? I don't know. Without links or pics, I guess I got confused?

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@CB said:
    I must be thinking of something else then. This was a PC game. Maybe another game with a similarly word-salad name? I don't know. Without links or pics, I guess I got confused?

In other words... get better at promoting what you're talking about. Scrubs.

CB

Signal

Never heard of it. Looks neat. I need a 3DS.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I really enjoyed Bravely Default, if the all but 1 class at level 100 wasn't sign enough of that. I would really enjoy a tie-together of these two literal games, Golden Sun Style.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Completed Bravely Second. Loved it. Can't wait for the next one :)

I've been playing it since launch and trying to friend you but that's not working I guess. I hate Nintendo's friend system. Accept my friend request!

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    I've been playing it since launch and trying to friend you but that's not working I guess. I hate Nintendo's friend system. Accept my friend request!

Think I just did.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I think I have a few Icrontians still pending acceptance on the friends list.

The game is spectacular. It keeps the puns, the terrible jokes, the class system is still strong, the combat system is better, the story links the games together. Very good game.

My only complaint is the moon town stuff is finished so quickly.

Yeah, I finished the lunar base before I even got the rowboat.