League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

New ranked queue is awesome. So much less fighting over roles and now i can play mid lux so much more.

RahnalH102Mytch
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited February 2016

Edit: Welp I can't get it to work. Tweet from the producer of crocs complimenting Surgeon Shen on his new kicks.

1v5 penta at mid inhib

carried this game so hard

BobbyDigiRahnalH102StrikesMiracleManS
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

Anyone want to see Dominion off with me? Tons of fun, especially if you play it as a group.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Watching the pro scene and seeing Poppy appear in the bans so often right now just makes me think of the olden days when "Ban Poppy" was the joke/serious ban for one of our groups. The dream is real?

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

Poopy OP

UPSLynx
  • MytchMytch The Heights, MI Icrontian

Ban poppy was a horrible joke. Now she has the last laugh though. Granted I'm not very good, my elo is awful and most people I play with can't do much with poppy.

It would appear that Riot will be launching the hextech Crafting feature Soon™. There is a new hextech ward, and Annie Skin exclusive to the feature on the PBE. However Riot says to expect the skins a bit after the launch of the feature. So I would wager in the next patch or two hextech will go live.

Also, today Riot launched there LoL Friends App as part of the first live feature for their planned upgrades to ingame communication and community. The second and main feature for this upgrade plan is the "Clubs" feature and has been in testing on the PBE for most of this year so far. No timeline on that release yet.

Oh Riot also announced that, for the time being, Chromas are iceboxed (not currently begin developed upon, but not outright canceled).

Reasoning: The goal for Chromas was to have a relatively cheap option for customization that Riot could easily develop alongside everything else. However due to problems with the development system for League, it's not actually a quick thing they can do because they need to do much more then just alter the colors of an existing skin. Once they upgrade their system to more easily allow for such simple additions, they'll restart development on Chromas.

In the meantime, they feel that they can reach the intended goals previously stated with the 750RP skin sets they've been producing over the past year or so.

Strikes

edited March 2016

Lots of news:

1: Aurelion Sol Reveal

Reminds me of Io and Batrider from DotA2. (Orbiting damage source and ability to fly over terrain.)

2: Clubs are now live
    Clubs are persistent chat rooms with improved functionality, such as moderation and ingame "clan tags". Riot plans to add more features to the Clubs in the near future.

3: The amount of exp needed to reach lvl 30 has been halved.

3: New client incoming

Riot is wrapping up their internal testing and work on the all new client. it will be going to the PBE soon for mechanical testing and will then be sent to live for live testing. This new client is being built from scratch which will allow for better stability and increased functionality. (I have a feeling that map skins like Butcher's Bridge are tech problems right now. After this new client they should be easily accessible and much easier to develop. No solid ETA on all this.

4: Rotating Game Mode Que incoming

(Dat Ziggs)
    Riot will be adding a new que Soon™ that will swap to a different featured game mode each weekend. New and old game modes will be found in this que, Dominion included. Won't have to wait for URF mode once a year or Hexakill on Twisted Tree Line. These game modes will also support Champion Mastery. Which also means you'll be able to earn Hextech crafting mats from playing these modes. It looks like ARAM and 3v3 will get Champ Mastery support sometime after these.

Since I'm really, really tired of playing dynamic queue alone anyone up for getting in together? We should also make an IC club. Assuming @linc and @primesuspect are cool with it.

edited March 2016

I'm usually scared to play real matches due to the somewhat unstable nature of my internet connection. I'll help out though, especially if we can get more people in on a regular basis.

Also, I tried Sol out on the PBE, if you fire his Q from fountain and keep up with it, all the way, it's max size is the width of middle lane, and it will reach that size at around the opposing side's middle tower. You can also fire his Q while in flight mode and flight modes speed is just slightly slower then the q. If a siege or other objective is grouping people up, Sol has the potential to set up quite the initiation.

I'm always down to play in groups

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

@cola said:
    I'm always down to play in groups

same I've been wanting to jump back into some SR action but have mostly been sticking to ARAM

If we do do this, there's got to be some stipulation on how we're playing. Playing competitively ultimately in this game usually turns people against each other from my experience. If we're going to form an IC league we should be focused on the primary goals of improving ourselves and playing for fun. This game is something I believe we can enjoy if we mumble up, mute the random pubs, and cruise through games in true Icrontic style.

RahnalH102StrikesFettBaconUPSLynx

I fully agree. That's the kind of LoL I want to play.

colaUPSLynx

Hextech crafting is pretty sweet. The first box they give you is a box with a lot of extra stuff in it but as soon as I earn my next key I'll already have unlocked 2 skins permanently. I like the way its set up and its not as bad or infrequent as it sounded on paper.

• StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE Icrontian

I would be interested in playing as Cola suggested: just IC folks doing IC things. Has anybody made a club for Icrontic yet? I'd be happy to join.

I mostly play with Fett, and never on a player-filled SR. I've been trying to get into it, but I don't really like people to begin with and my original experience with SR was... not a thing I'd do for fun. If its with folks I know, and they can tolerate a bit of failure, I'm totally interested!

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I logged in tonight to create the Icrontic club but either someone already created one or their club system is having problems because I just kept getting an error "Failed to create this club."

I think it might be due to your level, I just created an Icrontic club and gave you an invite <3

Invite me too plx

modusPwnens

@shwaip said:
    Invite me too plx

modusPwnens

done ;)

@cola said:
    I think it might be due to your level, I just created an Icrontic club and gave you an invite <3

aka: "Get on my level"

@cola said:

@shwaip said:
    Invite me too plx

modusPwnens

done ;)

Tx

cola

Also, invite me plzthx

MiracleManS

Invite me too plox

@primesuspect said:
    I logged in tonight to create the Icrontic club but either someone already created one or their club system is having problems because I just kept getting an error "Failed to create this club."

Do you need help leveling?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

No. I can't stand the game. I just logged in and had @FreshyP play a round for me on my computer so I could do this club thing.

cola
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Reinstalled the game for IC fun

@Strikes @FettBacon
    I need you on my friends list in order to invite. Send the request and I'll get you two set up. My Summoner name is "Rahnal".