Sling TV?

trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

Anyone here have any experience with Sling? It seems like a pretty good deal to me. Currently I have some basic channels bundled with my internet package, but I have a Roku with Netflix and a Plex server so I rarely ever watch live TV. It would be nice to get some cable stations without the hassle of upgrading my Cable/internet package.

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I've considered it as well. The reviews I've seen have been mixed and given our current internet consumption (and that its Comcast) it'd be good to know what in the world is going on with bandwidth caps first.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Betsy likes it because she likes to turn on HGTV in the background for nose while she does other things. I can't stand it personally because commercial breaks on television are torture.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited April 2016

FWIW - practically the entire HGTV catalog is in Netflix if you want to save some money.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Betsy doesn't like to have to choose her shows. She just wants the channel to play.... I don't understand either, it must be a Millennial thing.

Also: Netflix is dicks and blocked us using it from Germany last week, so we had to cancel their service.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

HGTV, CNN and a few other news channels have live TV from their website. They do require you to log into your TV providers for access, but there are ways around that.

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Haven't used it since it first launched so my info may have changed. The channel offerings are fine but the software sucks balls. A lot of channels don't have DVR functions and the whole software was buggy for a lot of people.