Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition
Wizorb
World of Goo
Zen Bound® 2
BobbyDigi

Comments

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Saints Row: The Third

First off, let me say that I know this is out of order, but I already had the game installed and was working on finishing it, so I figured I might as well finish it off to make room on my harddrive for other games. Now to the review:

Having not played Saints Row 1 or 2, I wasn't entirely sure what I was getting myself into. The game was very GTA-esque with more shooting and better graphics. The dialogue was generally entertaining and the sound track was pretty good. The game play was so-so. The missions generally were pretty easy with a few exceptions that took a lot of repetition, the right skills upgraded and a little bit of luck with random AI spawn locations. Most offered some variety most involving some kind of old school style rail shooting.

Overall I felt the game was good, not great but still very enjoyable. That being said, there is a lot more to the game than I experienced. I typically avoided a lot of the side missions, as well as most of the character, gang, and vehicle customizations. I briefly played coop and found that pretty fun although it was a bit laggy when using vehicles. Maybe at some point I'll do another run through and try out some of the different player choices for the end missions.
    primesuspect
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    oh god Alien Breed 2: Assault have fun with that steaming pile of mediocrity.
    Lol yeah, I'm only a few hours in and already bored. Must...power...through....
    primesuspect
    Well after much delay and distraction I've finally beaten Alien Breed 2. I don't wanna say complete horrible sums it up, but its pretty close. I did however, enjoy the comic book style cut scenes between acts. And at least I've got this:image

Even if the game ended in a cliff hanger...[shakes fist]
    I'm gonna go ahead and skip Alien Swarm because its basically the same game, and I've already gotten the tf2 hat : )

Next stop. Amnesia. I'm already terrified.
    primesuspect

Stupid Amneisa ... I played it, for a while, got lost and now i can't remember where I left off. Is that irony given the game title?

On the plus side, I've resisted buying games since the last Christmas sale, but there's a new Diablo patch out... Someday I will finish this.

Also. Holy crap. Its almost been a year since my last post!

Evoland

This game was quick and fun and basically what you would expect from the videos/screenshots. There really isn't a lot to this game and unique theme of evolution definitely is what caries it. There was some good humor which reminded me of the magicka series. My only complaint is that while zelda-esque there was no shield which became frustrating.

I don't think that I will try the sequel. it looks like much of the same.

primesuspectBobbyDigi