TF2 major FPS drop?

To all the Icrontic TF2 clan, anyone else notice a major drop in frames per second? I have to be down to less than half of what I'm used to, and dipping below 60 FPS on my hardware does not make much sense. I have looked about online, got out of the steam beta program, removed the game deleting all config files and re installing, checked my settings, even pushed texture settings and AA and AF settings down and it's still wonky. Updated my graphics drivers, did a clean driver install. I suppose this is a problem since the latest update but I'm curious if others are experiencing it here and if anyone has any suggestions on a solution. It is hard to enjoy right now as it is.

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Need more information from you, Cliff. What hardware are you running? I have noticed some issues with my nVidia hardware after the last update from 3/28/16. I don't know the specific driver revision number nor have I tried TF2 since I updated.

• I'm running an FX 8350 with R9 285's in crossfire and 16 GB of RAM. TF2 is installed on an SSD, other games are running fine from what I can tell. Seems like there are a lot of threads online about performance degradation in recent TF2 updates and some speculation that it might have to do with the Steam Client beta program and VR development but I don't know. I opted out of the beta client and re started, that didn't help me.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Have you tried running another game based on the Source engine to see if it's specific to TF2?

• Yeah, other source titles I max at 300 fps.