Rocket League

Comments

• SignalSignal Icrontian

It even has hats!!!!

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Okay, I have seen countless "Highlight Reels" from Kotaku with Rocket League featured and have never thought of it as a game I would enjoy. Too much like a sports game and not enough shooting or story. So I bought it and played with @BobbyDigi, @TiberiusLazarus and @RyanFodder. It's fantastic fun. The learning curve is a little steep and you may want a controller, but it's a very good game. Highly recommend it as something different and a change of pace.

BobbyDigipigflipperChoochRyanFodder
    edited April 2016

PaDooder

-Digi

pigflipper

Free to play for the weekend and 40% off if you're waiting for a good sale.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/252950/announcements/detail/699557703465704037

-Digi

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Like herding cats.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
  • KometeKomete Member

Just logged on in a long while to see if IC plays RL and I see Thrax with some aerial goodness. So that answers that. I gotta say I've really been enjoying the game. So many levels of game play to master. With the amount of practice you have to put in to git gud it's more of a sport than a game it seems.

_k
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

So, I have been using a phone tethered public wifi connection for internet the past week. I decided to play RL last night...and dominated. I don't know if the month away allowed shit players into my division, or if I am better after a month away AND playing on a "crap" connection (low ping, 60ms avg, but periods of lag spike due to tether).

Managing to get a bicycle goal on this crap connection has to count for something.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

No matter how much I play this game I still can't think in 3D. All my moves are on the ground. I'll jump all over the place to get the ball, climb on the walls and jump, but pretty much the only time I use my boost is to catch up with or whack the ball. Sometimes if the ball has a lot of hangtime I'll realize I can fly up and hit it, but it's still not a reflex.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

You just have to make it a point to try to get in the air. Do the aerial training.

_kRyanFodderpigflipper
  • KometeKomete Member

@Signal said:
    No matter how much I play this game I still can't think in 3D. All my moves are on the ground. I'll jump all over the place to get the ball, climb on the walls and jump, but pretty much the only time I use my boost is to catch up with or whack the ball. Sometimes if the ball has a lot of hangtime I'll realize I can fly up and hit it, but it's still not a reflex.

Hoops helped out my airials a lot. Weirdly enough, 1v1's also helped them out because it gave me better timing. The airial training helps but the best thing I've found is a trainer app that will give you all sorts of wall shots and airial setups to practice. Plus you can make your own ball paths and car placement to practice whatever you want. The only problem with the trainer app is every time the game updates you have to wait till an updated trainer is released which is the case right now. Video and links below.

http://www.rocketleaguetrainer.com/pages/download

All that said, you still have to continually practice. I don't know what it is about this game but for whatever reason I never feel like I master anything and have to keep going back to training when my game play falls apart.

_k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2016

RLCS, Round 2 is today.

I'll be streaming (I think) if people are interested.

Edit: I derped putting in a link:

Status: We won through round 4, lost and have begun our claim on the loser's bracket. Next game is 3:30 CT.

Stream is live!

primesuspectCantipigflipperChooch
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

gg guys

BobbyDigi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/65921/article/psyonix-plan-a-surprising-rocket-league-update-within-the-next-two-weeks/

"Psyonix may be considered one of the best developers around with the job they have done with Rocket League, and the amazing post-release support they have provided to the game.

Vice President Jeremy Dunham recently provided IGN with a statement telling them about the studio’s plans for the upcoming Rocket League update, which will include something “a lot of people have been asking for in different forms.”

My Trading Boner is tingling

-Digi

MAGIC
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I did a thing.

ChoochprimesuspectPirateNinjaSignal
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:

I can't keep up with all the new vehicles they're adding.

pigflipper
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

But where's the explosion?

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

Just like NHL, the goalie's are getting bigger, longer reach, and less nimble with their increased pads. :shake:

Chooch

You guys joke, but the ridiculousness is coming...

-Digi

MAGIC

More info on Rumble here in the Rocket League blog

-Digi