WiFi Access Point Recommendations
I've been working on upgrading my home network. Finally built a proper router box and acquired a managed gig switch from a coworker, now I want to replace my all-in-one WiFi AP/router with something more basic (with hopefully a lower power consumption).
- Wireless g & n at minimum, ac support would be nice for future-proofing
- External antennas would be nice... but not required if an internal antenna model still provides solid signal strength.
- Decent management interface (be it CLI or web based)
- Inexpensive. Under $70 would be preferred, though I'd really like something under 50 if possible.
Do not want:
- any routing/switching functionality, just a dumb access point
- PoE. If it's optional, no big deal, but it's highly unlikely I'll use it and would prefer an external power adapter
Suggestions appreciated (looking at you @AlexDeGruven). If anyone has second-hand hardware that meets these requirements, I'd be interested in it.