Icrontic Beer Traders

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian

We have a pretty good spread of folks across the country and several people close to some top notch Breweries. Post up what you're looking for, what you have access to.

Gots:
I'm in West Michigan, and get all the Founders, Vivant, Perrin, Oddside and GRBC beers. Try to get to the Darkhorse, Bells and Saugatucks when I can.
Next big release in the Area will be KBS in March, Hazels Nuts in April.

Wants:
Stouts, Barley wines, Belgians, BBA stuff.
If anyone is in Southwest Michigan and has access to Greenbush that would be sweet as they always do releases at lunch during the week and its really tough to get down there.
Boulevard is putting out a Coconut version of their Imperial stout in February that I'd love to get a couple bottles of.

primesuspectGargUPSLynx

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

What're the laws on sending this stuff across state lines? Would strongly consider tasting some of these fabled Michigan beers for my SoCal stuff. Could theoretically get you anything south of The Bruery in Fullerton, CA. SD county being the easiest stuff to acquire.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    edited January 2016

I got NorthEast ohio. So Great Lakes and Hoppin Frog are the big names as well as a couple up and comers like Platform.

@NiGHTS technically illegal but as long as you aren't putting alcohol down on the packaging slip then there would be no issues.

If there are any Cinci people I need a stream of Rheingeist and Madtree.

• SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited January 2016

Do not ship through USPS. It is illegal as @Karma said and on the slim chance you are caught you can be fined and charged with a misdemeanor. Ship through UPS or FedEx. With them it is simply against their policy, not a crime.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

google search came up with this

Generally speaking, here's what you'll need to ensure if you can ship alcohol: An adult must sign for the package:FedEx and UPS both require that a package include the Adult Signature Required option, which states that an adult over the age of 21 must sign for the package in person.Sep 30, 2014

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Also I'd probably be in for some beer trading, though probably not for big trades with high frequency. Beer trading is a lot of work and takes a ton of time and money (and it stresses me out hardcore once the package is on its way).

I have access to some damn good west coast beer. Firestone Walker, Russian River, Drakes, Lagunitas, Fieldwork, etc. etc. The rare stuff is pretty easy to come by out here (though Pliny is always a challenge unless you're straight up driving to the brewery).

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    stuff and stuff

and stuff Firestone Walker stuff, stuff and stuff

:D<3

UPSLynx
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

@fatcat said:
    since we've (USPS) contracted with Amazon Prime, I'm hearing rumors alcohol will soon™ be on the white list for us.

everytime someone mentions amazon prime on here, i always think for a second that they are talking about @primesuspect. so for a second there i thought @primesuspect had gotten us a USPS contract for alcohol shipping.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

@XGPHero said:

@fatcat said:
    since we've (USPS) contracted with Amazon Prime, I'm hearing rumors alcohol will soon™ be on the white list for us.

everytime someone mentions amazon prime on here, i always think for a second that they are talking about @primesuspect. so for a second there i thought @primesuspect had gotten us a USPS contract for alcohol shipping.

he's also Optimus' son

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

I would totally participate with the Texas trades :D

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Anyone in Ohio have the Jackie Os hookup?

@MAGIC said:

Depends on what you're looking for from them.

edited January 2016

@Karma said:

@MAGIC said:

Any of there barrel aged releases.

@MAGIC said:

@Karma said:

@MAGIC said:

Any of there barrel aged releases.

I can check. The beer place I like to go to's owner went to OU so he may have the hookup.

MAGIC
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I'm from Cincinnati. I live about 20 minutes from pretty much every brewery if anyone wants/needs Ohio beers. I think there is a store down the street with about 6-7 different Jackie-Os.

I'll see if I can get a list of Mad Tree, Rhinegheist, Jackie-Os.

MAGIC
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited February 2016

There is more than just pictured, like I said I can get Jackie O's, Rhinegeist, Moerlein, Mad Tree, West 6th, Rivertown, Bad Tom and a number of others..

https://www.thepartysource.com/express/index.php?c=b
    This is within driving distance, anything you find there I can get if you wanted an actual list.

Anyone have access to Bottle Logic? I'd like to get my hands on some of their special releases if possible.

1072 N. Armando St.
    Anaheim, CA 98206

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Since we live in Michigan and have some weird importation laws, I can't get my hands on Allagash Curieux easily.

If someone is able to procure a couple of bombers and is going to Epic this year, I would gladly unload them from you for cashmoneys.

edited May 2016

Anyone down by Bells Brewing in Kalamazoo today? They are releasing Barrel Aged Expedition Stout. I'll take anything anyone can get. Will paypal. Let me know, thanks, @Ryder

I saw @RyanMM checking in a bottle of that yesterday.... Might wanna PM him.

@UPSLynx said:
    I saw @RyanMM checking in a bottle of that yesterday.... Might wanna PM him.

Yes, I ended up finding some. Mother F is it good.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I wish I obtained more. :(

MAGIC

I'm checking a bag for Expo, so I can bring a couple beers to share as I typically do. Any West Coast requests (that aren't horribly impossible to get)? I've got a 2015 Pugachevs that I might bring. Access to all sorts of Firestone Walker barrel aged stuff too. Can probably get fresh Pliny the Elder, FW DoubleJack, and other awesome double IPAs. Thoughts?

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@UPSLynx I would go for a Rye Double DBA if possible :troll:

@UPSLynx said:
    I'm checking a bag for Expo, so I can bring a couple beers to share as I typically do. Any West Coast requests (that aren't horribly impossible to get)? I've got a 2015 Pugachevs that I might bring. Access to all sorts of Firestone Walker barrel aged stuff too. Can probably get fresh Pliny the Elder, FW DoubleJack, and other awesome double IPAs. Thoughts?

I'm always down to take a bottle of Parabola off your hands if you got some. Just lemme know and I'll have cashmonies for you. Might have a friend interested in an Elder. When do you need to know by?

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Anyone need anything that they can only get in munich? I should be able to fit a bottle or two into my luggage.

edited June 2016

I'd love to try something fresh form a local German brewer, a kellerbier would be amazing. Not sure how many small local joints bottle though. Also, not sure how Cantillon Brewery beers sit around there, but something from them would be great also.

UPSLynx
    edited June 2016

I'm always down for a Doppelbock or schwarzbier.

@AlexDeGruven said:

I'm always down to take a bottle of Parabola off your hands if you got some. Just lemme know and I'll have cashmonies for you. Might have a friend interested in an Elder. When do you need to know by?

I should clarify - the ask in question was for a bottle share at Expo. I'm not looking to trade at Expo, I just wanna bring some things to open and let others try while we're there.

Parabola, unfortunately, was kind of a bust this year. They limited to 2 bottles per person at the brewery, and stagnated bottle shipments to local retailers. I've only got two at home and for now they're gonna be cellared.

Elder is easier to get though, so I may see what I can do after I decide on what to bring.

@UPSLynx said:
    I'm always down for a Doppelbock or schwarzbier.

@AlexDeGruven said:

I should clarify - the ask in question was for a bottle share at Expo. I'm not looking to trade at Expo, I just wanna bring some things to open and let others try while we're there.

Ahh, I gotcha. I'm down either way.

Parabola, unfortunately, was kind of a bust this year. They limited to 2 bottles per person at the brewery, and stagnated bottle shipments to local retailers. I've only got two at home and for now they're gonna be cellared.

Such sads. I'll keep an eye out. Love that stuff.

Elder is easier to get though, so I may see what I can do after I decide on what to bring.

I was thinking of this for a friend, since I don't do IPAs, so whatever works.

[Deleted User]