Expo 2016: Travel Plans and Guidelines

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited June 2016 in Events

ARRIVAL.

We officially begin at 3 or 6pm on June 22 so please try to be here by then. If you're flying into DTW, that means you should be here by 1 or 4pm. We welcome arrivals as early as the weekend prior if you don't mind helping during setup, but please no earlier without clearance. Usually we have some informal activities on Tuesday (23rd).

DEPARTURE.

We officially end after midnight on Saturday the 25th. We do informal group brunches on Sunday. Anyone is welcome to stay as late as Monday (29th). Please no later without clearance.

AIRPORT RIDES.

We hope you can coordinate your own airport rides from other Icrontians via this discussion. DTW is approximately 20 minutes from the house, 30 in heavy traffic. If you have a car and are able, please consider making at least 1 airport run. Icrontic will contribute gas money for drivers; see Lincoln. If you are unable to find a ride, please ask Lincoln or Brian AT LEAST A DAY PRIOR so we have time to coordinate. Taxis are stupid expensive.

POST YOURS.

Post your own travel dates. If by air, please include the flight number. We only need flight info for the flight arriving in / leaving DTW not every leg.

IT WAS A THOROUGH COPY/PASTE M' @Linc but please edit as needed.
IT WAS A THOROUGH COPY/PASTE M' @BobbyDigi but please edit as needed.

ARRIVAL SCHEDULE
Monday, 20 June:
-9:00pm @CrazyJoe (@aspieRommel)

Tuesday, 21 June:

Wednesday, 22 June:

Friday, 24 June:

DEPARTURE SCHEDULE
Sunday, 26 June:

Monday, 27 June:

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Departure Tue, 21 Jun
    Delta 2841
    DCA -> DTW
    9:40 AM-11:11 AM

Return Mon, 27 Jun
    Delta 2144
    DTW -> DCA
    5:30 PM-7:04 PM
    Terminal: B

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Linc the times are because it starts later? or is there still an official start time earlier than dinner?

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Driving with @DeathJester and picking up @fatcat on the way.

Departing OKC Saturday, 18 June

• stopping for the night in Effingham, IN because old.
      Arriving at ICHQ Sunday, 19 June

Departing ICHQ Monday, 27 June

• stopping somewhere along the way
      Arriving at OKC Tuesday, 28 June
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited May 2016

I will have a vehicle for airport runs.

Arriving on the eve of Tuesday, 21 via motorcar.
    Departing on the morning of Sunday, 26 via motorcar.

Staying at the Quality Inn on Van Dyke in Warren.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Arriving Thursday evening or Friday morning. Attic surfing. Departing Sunday at some point.

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

OK I think I have travel plans secured with Emily and Steven. I'm looking at options for sleeping. I'm on my budget alone here so I am looking to either stay at the house or share a hotel/b&b room or house with a group. I need to do this as cheap as possible or I won't be able to come. So whose still looking to split rooms and is there availability at the house still??

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Levex said:
    OK I think I have travel plans secured with Emily and Steven. I'm looking at options for sleeping. I'm on my budget alone here so I am looking to either stay at the house or share a hotel/b&b room or house with a group. I need to do this as cheap as possible or I won't be able to come. So whose still looking to split rooms and is there availability at the house still??

I don't think the house has ever officially run out of room, although we were a bit sardine-y last year.

Levexprimesuspect
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

What's a little bit of spooning chain among friends.

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2016

I am most likely going to be in a hotel the entire time. @Levex I don't know you but when has that ever stopped me, if you want to split a hotel let me know.

Levex
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2016

I'll have a house sleeping signup closer to the event; I neglected to put it on the registration form. @GnomeQueen is correct, it's not a matter of "if" we can fit you but rather what we can offer you comfort-wise. That said, it sounds like we'll have quite a bit of capacity, and I think I picked up a few more sleeping surfaces since last year. We currently have 3 fullsize mattresses, 2 twin mattresses, 4 cots, and room for 3-4 BYO air mattresses.

LevexGnomeQueenBobbyDigi

Sounds good, I just need anything but the floor, damn neck. But I mean couches are good...

Caveat: I may need assistance cleaning the attic earlier in the week depending on when the roof project happens. If it's done just the week before, it'll be a thing.

LevexUPSLynx
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited May 2016

@Thrax and @HumerusMeg are driving

• Austin, TX to Detroit, MI: Departing late in the evening the 21st of June, driving through the night, should be there evening of the 22nd. Staying with my parents in Clawson, MI.

-Depart on 27th of June driving back to TX

Levex
    edited May 2016

Well I want to go for sure if @HumerusMeg is gonna be there. Also depending on when I get there I will happily help clean.

HumerusMeg
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@Levex said:
    Well I want to go for sure if @HumerusMeg is gonna be there. Also depending on when I get there I will happily help clean.

Your making me blush over here.... Can't wait to see you too! :-*

Levex
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

@mertesn said:
    Driving with @DeathJester and picking up @fatcat on the way.

Departing OKC Saturday, 18 June

• stopping for the night in Effingham, IN because old.
      Arriving at ICHQ Sunday, 19 June

Departing ICHQ Monday, 27 June

• stopping somewhere along the way
      Arriving at OKC Tuesday, 28 June

if you want, just crash at my place monday night on way back to OKC

also, guess I should buy a ticket at some point

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@fatcat said:
    if you want, just crash at my place monday night on way back to OKC

Might just do that.

@fatcat said:
    also, guess I should buy a ticket at some point

Oh yeah, knew I was forgetting something...

I will be arriving via the McRae/Patras caravan, can't wait to see you all!

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

@Levex said:
    I will be arriving via the McRae/Patras caravan, can't wait to see you all!

Choo Choo

StrikesLevex
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Anyone from Indiana needing a ride?

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2016

I plan to arrive on Wednesday among a caravan of other Cincinnaticrontians. I am most likely flying out of DTW to Denver some time on Sunday, but I have not yet booked the flight. I'll update here as I solidify plans.

//edit:
    Departure:
    DELTA 1854
    Departs DTW 3:35 PM June 26

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I'll be getting in Wednesday after work. Might take a half day, playing it by ear based on the business.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

As of right now I'll probably be driving to Elkhart before Expo and driving up with @UPSKingpin, not sure what day... but that's as of right now, I mean I might end up flying eventually.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Tentative plans: driving, arriving Wed, departing Sun, crashing in attic.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Wed, 22 JUN DELTA 1806
    DEPART LOS ANGELES, CA 9:25am
    ARRIVE DETROIT, MI 4:55pm

Sun, 26 JUN DELTA 1149
    DEPART DETROIT, MI 3:39pm
    ARRIVE LOS ANGELES, CA 5:40pm

GHoosdumRyderChooch
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2016

Munich to Detroit – DL 23
    Jun 15, 10:15 AM – 1:42 PM

Detroit to Cincinnati – DL 505
    Jun 15, 5:35 PM – 6:40 PM

Cincinnati to Detroit – DL 3875
    Jun 30, 12:00 PM – 1:14 PM

Detroit to Munich – DL 22
    Jun 30, 5:42 PM – Jul 1, 8:30 AM

I'm flying to Cincinnati via Detroit, then driving to Detroit for EPIC with the cincinnaticrontians, then driving back to Cincinnati, then flying back to munich via Detroit. I wish I could just stay in detroit until my return flight.

GnomeQueen

@CB said:
    I wish I could just stay in detroit until my return flight.

So then... do... that?

ThraxprimesuspectDontCallMeKelso
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Not sure what's preventing you from staying until your flight, but if you think it's us, it's not. You're welcome to stay

GnomeQueen
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I'm pretty sure he meant the airline rules are what is preventing him from staying. If you miss the first leg of a connecting flight, the airlines will now cancel the rest of your itinerary.

Ryder_kCB
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:
    I'm pretty sure he meant the airline rules are what is preventing him from staying. If you miss the first leg of a connecting flight, the airlines will now cancel the rest of your itinerary.

Aye. This is the rub. And scheduling two non-round trips to take me into Cincinnati, then out of Detroit, would have been hella expensive. It's dumb that I can't just get on that flight in Detroit.

Garg