Overwatch

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2016

Remember that one time we played 7 v 6 in Overwatch Beta?

Bug reported

My Point! Mine.

Couple more shots in the album

See you in two week Overwatch.

-Digi

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Something we were discussing tonight while playing kinda gave us an "Aha!" moment - In Overwatch, "kills" do not measure success. This is one of the main reasons why there isn't a scoreboard in the game. What matters is your team comp, your picks and counter-picks, and your coordination to work together and get a win. Some people find characters useless because they don't get kills (Winston is a chief example of this), but when you're thinking of it that way, you're approaching it all wrong. Winston isn't meant to get kills. He's meant to jump all over the map, right into the middle of the enemy team to harass and cause pandemonium. He disrupts. In some cases, that can be even more important that getting kills. Incorporating his harass style into a strong team comp is what gets the win.

This team comp can also serve objectives similar to what @Karma noted above about mobility. For example, you can traverse faster by forming the right team. Lucio + Pharah can have me on a capture point a mere seconds from the start of a game. This gives the same risk/reward as speeding to a point with rocket jumps - you get there early, but you get there early and alone. Think of the combos. @RyanFodder and @TiberiusLazarus did double Zarya, shielding each other as they go. Or like when someone drops a Reinhardt shield in front of a deployed Bastion to give better sustain. I think finding those kind of combos are what's really going to make Overwatch stand out over time. It's more about the collective success than the individual.

CanticolaNullenVoydRyanFodder
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Clearcut Asiatic Wild Ass

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Know your ults...

-Digi

RahnalH102UPSLynx
    edited May 2016

that is SUPER useful information. Learn what the champs say to know how to react. I wish this video did a better job of comparing what you here when an ally triggers and ult compared to what they say when they're on the other team, but the language difference is a damn good indicator.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I had a ton of fun playing Winston - the only person I could kill was Thrax as Mercy, and I was LOVING hunting him down. The disruption was real, because you HAVE to protect your squishies or you have nothing to push forward with.

UPSLynx
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Yup. No protection provided. :( They would only kill you after I'd already died.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

Pharah + Mercy seems pretty dope. Super mobile, can concussion rocket peeps off of your medic, flexible damage range.

UPSLynx
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

@Winfrey said:
    Pharah + Mercy seems pretty dope. Super mobile, can concussion rocket peeps off of your medic, flexible damage range.

And the ability to fly up to Pharah and float your way back down. This sort-of excludes some medic love from the rest of the group, but would be pretty dope for breaking up a defense before landing w Mercy and helping the ground crew.

In random person play using Mercy it felt like I was an easy target, even trying to stick somewhat behind at least a couple teammates. Seen some competitive matches where the team really keeps a serious eye on her, and she changes the whole tide of battle.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I know that if there is a Pharah on my team when I'm on support duty, I want to go Mercy. Because Always moving is great for suvivability, and that extra bit of Z access is a great addition. For example, see the video I linked earlier where I saved Lynx from the pit, granted any teammate could have done that exact bit since I was on the ground, but the point is keeping an eye out for your Mercy, who in turn can keep an eye out for the rest of the team.

BobbyDigiUPSLynx
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Finally figured out why @UPSLynx loves Overwatch so much, they put it on a Taco Bell cup.

RahnalH102

Sometimes, great things just come together. #TacoBell #Overwatch #LiveMas

RahnalH102BobbyDigi
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    Sometimes, great things just come together. #TacoBell #Overwatch #LiveMas

You forgot the Diablo sauce

edited May 2016

@aspieRommel said:
    You forgot the Diablo sauce

Canti
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2016

That is a seriously good cosplay O.O

The latest short focuses on the troubled history between Genji and Hanzo, and holy crap it's fantastic.

colaSnarkasmIlriyas
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I was expecting this after seeing all those lodged arrows on the Hanamura map.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Nobody can tell a video game story like Blizzard. Nobody.

UPSLynx

@RahnalH102 said:
    I was expecting this after seeing all those lodged arrows on the Hanamura map.

Yeah I realized that after thinking about it. Watchpoint Gibralter was changed to reflect what happened in the "Recall" short, but Hanamura already reflected what happened in this story. Really neat. Those kind of touches make Blizzard games for me.

@primesuspect said:
    Nobody can tell a video game story like Blizzard. Nobody.

I keep telling myself that I don't care about the lore and backstories in a multiplayer shooter like this, but holy crap. Blizzard can make anything compelling.

cola

@UPSLynx said:
    Those kind of touches make Blizzard games for me.

When I've been invited to the betas and stuff for Blizzard titles in the past, I'm always looking for these kinds of things. In my opinion, the amount of these kinds of touches and bits of humor determine just how much love Blizzard put into the game, and arguably how successful it will be. I've found it to be a fairly reliable measure. And Overwatch is chock-full of this stuff.

UPSLynx

GnomeQueenCliff_ForsterUPSLynxChooch
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

_kUPSLynxRahnalH102BuddyJ
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@_k said:

I for one look forward to all the Korean dva cosplay. Even if she's my least favorite of the heroes to play

_kUPSLynx
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Would anyone be interested in an Overwatch night Monday or Tuesday?

GnomeQueen
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Birst or riot.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    Nah..

I'm not a fan of your negativity. :P

RahnalH102Strikes

TOMORROW. Get hype!

Also, holy balls Blizzard, how do you do it? These shorts... Can't handle them.

IlriyasChooch

BobbyDigiUPSLynxWinfreyGnomeQueen