EXPO Kayak Tour!

PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) WaifuDetroit, MI Icrontian

Hey Bishes!

As I'm sure you've all noticed, in place of the tree climbing ropes course this year we're trying something a little new with a local kayak tour.

This tour is great for beginners and experienced kayakers alike! The tour will give ya'll a glimpse into the little known creepy ass historic canals of Detroit (yes, Detroit has canals!) and a wee jaunt out into the tumultuous Detroit River (fun!)

The tour starts at 9:30AM Friday the 24th. Cost is 40 per person, and includes all rentals (kayak, paddle, life jacket) I will be taking payment via PAYPAL at Misstroublebaker@gmail.com I need a final count by the 15th.

If you end up coming, being a waterproof bag for you phone and whatnot if you plan on bringing it on the tour. Rides will leave the house NO LATER than 8:30am

We'll probably get lunch or some bullshit afterwards, If I really have my shit together I'll grab bagels in the morning but let's be realistic getting up that early sucks. =P

TushonGargStackBobbyDigiprimesuspectbells

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

2 Questions relevant to my situation: Is there a minimum age or a maximum weight?

Thanks!

-Digi

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I have signed up and paid (to short media PayPal, go find @Linc) via the event listing.

PinkInDetroit
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

Cashbucked.

PinkInDetroit
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Yeah, if anyone sent money for events to accounts@short-media that's fine too.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

dollared

PinkInDetroit
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

IN... and PAID...

PinkInDetroit
  • PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    2 Questions relevant to my situation: Is there a minimum age or a maximum weight?

Thanks!

-Digi

"There is no minimum age for a potential paddler, but we do require that anyone under the age of 12 be accompanied by an adult in a tandem kayak. To give you an idea of numbers, we have 4 tandems & 15 singles available. The weight limit for single kayaks is 350lbs and for the tandem it is 500lbs."

Also, looks like we have a max of 15 single kayaks, so unless you want to buddy up get on this shit quick!

BobbyDigi

Awesome and thank you. DigiKid and I are in for a tandem. Will be sending monies asap.

-Digi

PinkInDetroit
  • In plus monied.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2016

Can two adults split a tandem and split the cost or is it 40 per? If so, I'm in for 50% work. If theres a strapping young lad out there interested.

DontCallMeKelso

@MAGIC said:
    Can two adults split a tandem and split the cost or is it 40 per? If so, I'm in for 50% work. If theres a strapping young lad out there interested.

"It is $40/person if two adults share a tandem ($80 for the boat)."

MAGIC
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

As a seafarer, this interests me. Count me in.

PinkInDetroitMAGIC
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

I put in ze money for ze kayaking!

PinkInDetroit
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

In for kayaking if a spot opens up!

You has mah cashbuks

-Digi

PinkInDetroit
    edited June 2016

@TiberiusLazarus @malia @mertesn @BobbyDigi (DigiChild) @RyanFodder @QCH @Jokke @Sazbean @FreshyP @Stack @TheRedburn @SC_Ultimate Are the only people who have paid me (If you paid Linc, let me know) I know @evonnecameron will pay me. We still have room for 5 single kayakers, and 2 tandem kayakers.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I'm in, don't mind a tandem or single. Money inc.

PinkInDetroit
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2016

In for a single! Will send electronic greenbacks momentarily.
    Edit edit: paid

• elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

I managed to miss out on this one - well poop! Guess I'll just sleep in.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I believe there are still boats available

MAGIC
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I signed up on the event page but I have been traveling and didn't realize payment was due already, am I still on the list?

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@Massalinie said:
    I signed up on the event page but I have been traveling and didn't realize payment was due already, am I still on the list?

Yup. Nbd.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Are there still spots available for this (I don't know how coordinating the rentals works)?

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I have no idea if I got on the "in" list, but I sent you money just in case. Just pop it back if I'm not on the tour.

@Massalinie did you send me paypal moneys? (or linc?) If not send 40 to misstroublebaker@gmail.com @AlexDeGruven you can as well. Some of you guys might have to Tandem this shit but there is still room. @GnomeQueen you're in.

GnomeQueen

Rawk. I'll put cashmonies into your hand tomorrow evening.

PinkInDetroit
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    PinkInDetroit

@FettBacon @bells @Farge I JUST saw your names on the other OTHER kayak list. I have room for all but one of you. the first two that send 40 to Misstroublebaker@gmail.com are in.

I'm perfectly willing to defer if others want in

@TroubleBaker said:
    @FettBacon @bells @Farge I JUST saw your names on the other OTHER kayak list. I have room for all but one of you. the first two that send 40 to Misstroublebaker@gmail.com are in.

@AlexDeGruven said:
    I'm perfectly willing to defer if others want in

Actually, I had a mystery name attached to someone already accounted for. All of the last of you stragglers can be in. I have a max of 23 and we're there. 6 of you WILL be in tandems so find a buddy. ;)