Expo 2016 Loaner Equipment

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2016 in Events

Use this thread to offer or request loaner equipment

=========================================

[spoiler]
Edit: I'm taken care of.

I am in need of at least a full workstation for DigiKid

I plan to ship my rig but would like to not ship my monitor if at all possible.

Sooooo, anyone got a gaming rig that they can loan DigiKid for the week of Expo?

And anyone have a spare monitor that I can use?

Thanks for any feedback,

-Digi[/spoiler]

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

I'd like to also request a rig. My PC is the media server here and I'd be leaving my fiancee hanging with nothing to watch if I take it. It's also a big PITA to lug around.

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

No idea how my packing situation is going to go with trying to fit a core x9 and a bicycle in my car.

Current plan is to run up with a couple GPUs and I should be able to bring a cheap Acer monitor. Have parts for PCs just laying around, though they usually require a torque wrench for proper fitting.

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

Shit. My gaming laptop is now in the middle of the Barents sea, and my home rig is way to big to bring on a plane from Europe. However, I COULD order a new one, and have it shipped directly to ICHQ 2.0, though...

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

Something something middle of the Barents sea

I was there once, nbd, fite me in beer my life is a sea

DontCallMeKelsoUPSLynx
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

I'll need to hopefully just borrow a plug on a powerstrip cause... I ordered a laptop that I should hopefully get in time

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Would anyone be willing to let me use a PC? I'd need it just for TF2 and Overwatch. don't plan on anything else. I'm not going to be able to ship my PC, and my laptop can only just barely play TF2.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I do not have any loaner equipment this year, sorry to say.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    Would anyone be willing to let me use a PC? I'd need it just for TF2 and Overwatch. don't plan on anything else. I'm not going to be able to ship my PC, and my laptop can only just barely play TF2.

Let me see if it'll run on my backup system (2009 MacBook Pro). If it does, you can use it.

• SailorDoomSailorDoom Bringer of Cupcakes Huntington, WV Member

I may have an extra laptop you could borrow @Jokke i'll have to see if its working first.

• SailorDoomSailorDoom Bringer of Cupcakes Huntington, WV Member

I'll do some digging through my equipment. I have an extra headset, and powerstrip, along with my own laptop, which i may not even use.

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

@SailorDoom said:
    I may have an extra laptop you could borrow @Jokke i'll have to see if its working first.

Don't go through any trouble for my sake. I'll always manage.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@mertesn said:

@UPSLynx said:

Let me see if it'll run on my backup system (2009 MacBook Pro). If it does, you can use it.

If you can find another system I'd recommend that. The MBP can just barely handle it at the lowest resolution and settings and it gets a little choppy when the action gets heavy.