20 years of Pokemons

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian
edited October 2016 in Gaming

Well pokemon is now 20 years old, let us celebrate!

Guppyoni_dels[Deleted User]

Comments

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

They're giving away a Mythical Pokemon every month this year for X/Y/OR/AS versions. This started with Mew in February, and will go down the line as follows: Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, & Meloetta.

Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow will be added to the Virtual Console soon, and as noted in the above video, will be able to transfer Pokemon to Sun and Moon.

Pokken Tournament, the Tekken + Pokemon pseudo-crossover, comes out next month.

And sometime this year Pokemon GO will launch. Developers have mentioned that there will be all the typical Pokemon aspects; catching, trading, and battling, plus Gyms, events, and region specific Pokemon. On that last bit, they said to catch 'em all in GO, you'll need to trade, or actually travel the world. Some people may go on their own Pokemon Journeys if the app works out well.

• NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian

A strange little audio montage of news anchors back when this was the new thing that was going to ruin the world.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Earlier this month, Splatoon had a Splatfest competition that pitted Red version Vs Blue version in honor of the anniversary. A Splatfest is a competition held in Splatoon every so often. Players pick a side and then for the designated 24 hours that weekend, their wins in multiplayer matches count towards their team. With the winning side being decided based on the popularity and the match wins. Pokemon Blue (and Green in Japan) was short on the popularity side but won enough matches to make up for it. Blue and Green won in every region that participated.

• RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian

@Church4252 said:
    Video link

So does that mean that we will have Pokemon S&M now?

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2016

@RahnalH102 said:
    They're giving away a Mythical Pokemon every month this year for X/Y/OR/AS versions. This started with Mew in February, and will go down the line as follows: Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, & Meloetta.

Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow will be added to the Virtual Console soon, and as noted in the above video, will be able to transfer Pokemon to Sun and Moon.

Pokken Tournament, the Tekken + Pokemon pseudo-crossover, comes out next month.

And sometime this year Pokemon GO will launch. Developers have mentioned that there will be all the typical Pokemon aspects; catching, trading, and battling, plus Gyms, events, and region specific Pokemon. On that last bit, they said to catch 'em all in GO, you'll need to trade, or actually travel the world. Some people may go on their own Pokemon Journeys if the app works out well.

I wish I had known about this in Janaury. Every Gamestop in the city of Austin and surrounding areas is out of codes. I've always wanted a legit Mew. :(

//edit: fuck it. Bought one on eBay.

@Thrax said:
    I wish I had known about this in Janaury. Every Gamestop in the city of Austin and surrounding areas is out of codes. I've always wanted a legit Mew. :(

I didn't find out till mid February, and then had to wait for a convenient excuse to travel to the big city where the Gamestops live. No such opportunity. So I did what the internet suggested and called Nintendo Customer Service, explained, and asked if they could give me a code. They did.

Sources say that the distributions will follow a Gamestop->internet->internet->repeat pattern. So the next two you can get through normal mystery gift.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

They stopped giving out codes on the 24th. :)

bright

The Celebi event is now live. This one is through the "Get Via Internet" function of the Mystery Gift so you can get from your home if you want.

You can get Jirachi through the internet Mystery Gift method now.

Also, later in May, codes will be given out in the Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter for Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres with their hidden abilities. This offer is only valid to those who've made said trainer club account and signed up for the newsletter before April 22.

BobbyDigiFettBaconThrax

I found out about this one late, but there is a "via internet" mystery gift going on right now that nets you a lvl 100 Zygarde. It's to promote the new TCG set apparently. It ends sometime today. I'm sorry.

Also this month's Mythic distribution is at Gamestop. Lvl 100 Darkrai.

If you signed up for that newsletter thing for the 3 legendary birds I mentioned last time, that should be in your inbox now.

Lastly, new info on Sun and Moon will be revealed on the 10th.

primesuspect
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@Thrax said:

This has been my realization / approach to many things, lately. :embarrassed:

Thrax

Hawaii!

Also, that Zygarde was part of a promotion this month that will give you the XYZ Pokemon. The Zygarde was the first, next is Shiny Xerneus available form May 11-17, and a shiny Yveltal from May 20-26. All through the "Via Internet" Mystery Gift.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Chase camera view! 3D environments! My body is ready.

I have seen SO, MUCH, Rowlet stuff appear since yesterday. My entire artist feed is filled with that leafy bowtie. I think it's clear which starter is most popular at the moment.

oni_dels

Field tests in the US for Pokemon GO are supposed to start this month.

If you want a chance to help Niantic beta test this thing, sign up here. You'll need a gmail account and a fairly recent smartphone. Details in that above link.

The Shiny Yveltal Mystery Gift is now live. Get your bacon bird god of death.

Seriously.

oni_delsdrasnor
    edited May 2016

Missed that Mew from earlier? A second chance to get one has been announced.
    If you've signed up for the Pokemon Trainer Club newsletter before June 1st, then you'll get an email with a code for the exact same Mew as back in February. This is valid for North America, Australia, and Europe. That said, if you already have the Mew from February, the code won't work on your game since there is one already saved to your game.

I assume that means that I'll have a code to giveaway in a couple weeks.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Got a TCG code up for grabs don't know if anyone uses Pkmn TCG Online but I don't
    M4Y-YREU-Q77-TX5

BobbyDigiRahnalH102Zanthian
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

Claimed. Thanks.

Come visit my base!

Nice pad Drasnor.

Also, don't forget to pick up this month's mythic, Manaphy, from the internet Mystery Gift.
    if you didn't know, Pokedex wise, Manaphy is very special in that it's the only Legendary/Mythical that can breed. It doesn't work like normal though. The egg produced will only have a Phione in it, and though this 'mon is clearly related to Manaphy, Phione will not evolve into one. This is the only way to get Phione.

Creeperbane2

Anyone going to EPIC interested in seconds from my Pokemon eugenics program? I have Eevee, Ralts, Magikarp, Absol, and Swablu.

• FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

I'd be interested in stealing anything other than the magikarp in exchange for some of my program's seconds.

drasnor

Here is QR Code for my Base. Took me forever to get access to an SD card slot.

I copied mine from the Global Link website...

Also, with 151 flags you can go to the Fortree Secret Base Guild and get your base upgraded to Silver status.

Didn't know the Global Link had that. I don't use it much after the Dream World closed. Good to know.

I am Silver status. Gold and Platinum seem so out of reach. Especially the latter.

Nice digs! I got thrown by the green flag on your invite.