Icrontic Beer Traders

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Anyone in Ohio or in distro that can send me a 6 pack of Yuengling Black and Tan? I can send you a shipping label and paypal. If you're coming to epic I'll hook you up.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    I'm always down for a Doppelbock or schwarzbier.

@MAGIC said:
    I'd love to try something fresh form a local German brewer, a kellerbier would be amazing. Not sure how many small local joints bottle though. Also, not sure how Cantillon Brewery beers sit around there, but something from them would be great also.

I don't know much about the Bavarian beer scene, but I mentioned these requests to some friends when we went out for Donner and Pizza a few nights back, and they gave me a short list of beers to look for for each of you. I went out today and got one from as close to the top of each list as I could find. They are in my suitcase. :)

primesuspectTushonMAGICUPSLynxWagsFTW
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Since a few people showed interest in beers from Cincinnati, I can pick some up if anyone is driving through the area, so they can just swing over and grab them instead of them having to stop and buy stuff.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

@UPSLynx deal me in on your Pugachev's and I'll bring that 2012 bottle I've been holding to share with you when you come visit me in Ohio which you've never done. You dick.

UPSLynx
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:
    @UPSLynx deal me in on your Pugachev's and I'll bring that 2012 bottle I've been holding to share with you when you come visit me in Ohio which you've never done. You dick.

Hah! Oh right. Hmm. Yeah I'm a dick. Let's drink beer!

GHoosdum
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Well... @UPSLynx and @Linc currently have a box at ICHQ for them... hopefully everything is intact.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2016

Kuhnhenn fans, get on this - especially you, @Linc. Pre-order bottle release, no waiting in lines on the pickup day, but a hard bottle limit per person.

IF ANYONE DOES NOT WANT ANY OR ALL 4 BOTTLES OF the BOURBON BARREL BARLEYWINE OR FOURTH DEMENTIA, please let me know - I know that Linc and myself would be interested in those for sure, but you will only be able to buy them at the time of ticket order!

All Solstice beers are sold individually, with a maximum of four (4) bottles per person per beer. Max purchase per person is 20 bottles.
    Purchases must be made on site at CLINTON TWP TAPROOM between 11:00am on Saturday 12/17 and 10:00pm on Sunday 12/18. We will not ship beer.
    You must show a valid ID and your ticket in order to purchase your bottles. You must pick them up in person. No proxies. We cannot hold orders beyond the pickup date.
    Your ticket purchase holds your allotment so you may purchase the bottles on-site. All ticket monies will be donated to Cass Community Social Services. We will also be collecting on-site during our Winter Solstice Celebration.

SHERRY BARREL NINE - $8.00
    Sherry barrel aging adds a distinct nuttiness and depth to this Belgian Strong Ale, complemented by notes of dark fruit with nuances of oak and a light heat in the complex finish.
    TENACIOUS CASSIS - $9.00
    Ideal as an aperitif, this complex fruit ale has a thick and assertive maltiness with a deep yet delicate bouquet of red and black currants, that sustain through the long and satisfying finish.
    BOURBON BARREL BARLEYWINE - $9.50
    Our American Barleywine is aged for 9 months in Kentucky Bourbon Barrels, which contribute notes of vanilla, coconut, and a touch of oak to this intense, yet smooth beer. A heavy handed dose of aromatic American hops add a spicy-citrus note that helps to balance the sweetness of the rich malts, which showcase flavors of brown sugar alongside rich, dark fruits. This is a beer to age.
    AMERICAN BARLEYWINE - $8.00
    The standard version of the classic, featuring the perfect balance of spicy, citrus-forward hops to cut through a rich, molasses-like, malty sweetness. Think candied oranges dusted with brown sugar with a touch of plum and raisin that contribute to the overall depth and complexity of this beer.

4TH DEMENTIA OLDE ALE - $8.00

This deep Burgundy-colored ale has won countless awards in competitions all over the world. The intense, sweet caramel malty flavor and aroma develop into rich toffee and toasted marshmallow notes. As the beer warms, a light sherry note becomes apparent, along with a hint of heat from the high alcohol content. Despite the high ABV, this beer is brilliantly balanced and begs for another sip.

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

I am totally IN on this. There are a TON of local brewery's here in Iowa for your beer wishes

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2016

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make a trip for this. Got my ticket.

RyanMM

PS I am always in the market for 4th Dementia in general from any year.

DontCallMeKelsoRyanMM

@Levex said:
    I am totally IN on this. There are a TON of local brewery's here in Iowa for your beer wishes

If you could become our hookup for rare Toppling Goliath beers, that'd be amazing. ;)

Unfortunately, these days it involves winning a lottery just to buy the beer.

Levex

Well you are in luck because @DontCallMeKelso and I will be heading to that brewery over Xmas/NY. So, if you have any requests we can let you guys know what's available. We love mailing Lava Lamps or they can be packed away until I come back for ICSP.

RyanMM

Lava lamps are always the best thing to receive in the mail.

Yes, yes they are.

edited April 2017

If anyone lives pretty close to Flossmoor, Illinois, a nigh-legendary beer has been rebrewed and presale tickets for it are being sold in an hour (10AM central).

$80 gets you the right to pick up 4 bottles of Wooden Hell on May 11th.

I'd kill for a bottle or 4 and will reimburse and spiff you some bonus beers for anyone who can hook me up with (a) bottle(s).

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2941726
    (mobile link) - http://m.bpt.me/event/2941726

cc'ing folks that don't live too far from there these days

@magic @RyanFodder @malia @WagsFTW @TiberiusLazarus @mertesn @Gargoyle @Susurro @UPSKingpin

Actually I think you want @QCH if you're looking for proximity...

WagsFTW

@Linc said:
    Actually I think you want @QCH if you're looking for proximity...

Thanks, I have trouble remembering who's where sometimes. heh. The window on that pre-sale has passed, so at this point folks would have to line up for the May 12th release, and I'm not sure on bottle limits per person for the actual release. That could be a shit-show, I wouldn't expect anyone to go to that length unless they were interested in getting a bottles for themselves.

Who does Icrontic have in the vicinity of Columbus?

Appervation releases tomorrow at Jackie O's, and I would love to get some bottles of that.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

We used to have an @Gargoyle there, maybe he still has beer loving connections.

@Ryder said:

Yeah, I know he's further west now. Ugh. Big release tomorrow and I am hoping I can find someone in the vicinity to hook a brother up. How far is @d3k0y from Columbus/Athens?

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Actually, I'll be in CBus this weekend for a wedding. I don't know anything about this beer, but what is the likelihood it will still be around Friday?

@Gargoyle said:
    Actually, I'll be in CBus this weekend for a wedding. I don't know anything about this beer, but what is the likelihood it will still be around Friday?

Signs point to it being an insta-whale and selling out today, but if it's still there on Friday I'll let ya know.

Beer sold out in 2 hours. :(

Garg
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2017

@RyanMM said:

@Ryder said:

Yeah, I know he's further west now. Ugh. Big release tomorrow and I am hoping I can find someone in the vicinity to hook a brother up. How far is @d3k0y from Columbus/Athens?

Columbus is about an hour away for me. I was thinking of going up this weekend actually for the zoo.

Jungle Jims has a very large selection of Jackie O's, I wonder what the chances are they got some cases. I'll see if I can convince the wife to head over there this evening, they have a Fiona the Hippo IPA she wants me to hate

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@RyanMM said:
    Beer sold out in 2 hours. :(

And here's why:

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

There is a lot of presumptions and stereotyping that would need to be done to accept what that poster is saying based on this one photo.

-Digi

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Guy in Khaki Shorts
    What a great day. Chris would be so proud. Mom, Dad and I camped out together to get our share of Jackie O's new brew. Jackie's was his favorite. We'll enjoy it while thinking of you Bro. RIP.

I'm not saying dude ISN'T a basement dweller that brought his parents to mule out more than his share, I'm just saying that this is the internet and may not be the story.

-Digi

@BobbyDigi said:
    There is a lot of presumptions and stereotyping that would need to be done to accept what that poster is saying based on this one photo.

-Digi

You may be shocked by the depth of depravity of the beer muling/secondary scene.

I had some friends there, they saw people getting their 12 bottles, going to their cars, putting on different clothes, and going back in line multiple times.

Folks hoard massive amounts of the stuff using lots of questionable tactics (bringing their grandmas to sit in line and hiring people to mule for cash) to constrict the supplies of hype beers like this so they can turn around and sell them for 5 times the sticker price or trade them for other beers that have been similarly restricted in distribution.

It's a problem that's been festering for almost as long as I've been into the craft beer scene (lord knows I'm not innocent of bringing a friend or my wife to double my allocation on some rare beers, but usually that's been with the intention of turning around and sharing those with friends), but I'd say that it got exponentially worse since about 2012 and on with the growing popularity of craft beer.

There are even dedicated groups for muling beer that simply work to snap up the supply of new releases from a specific brewery they have proximity to in order to divvy up between their members doing the same in other cities for other limit releases.

It's cray.

I try and stay on top of things and set up good trade relationships with folks in different parts of the country to get specific breweries, but a release like the Jackie O's one from Wednesday can be a huge wildcard because of the weekday afternoon thing. Even folks who live near the brewery and visit it every week got shut out because they couldn't get off work or away for lunch. 500 full allotments were sold by a brewery that rarely sells 6000 bottles over an entire weekend, purely because of speculative hype about the beer's value.

BobbyDigi
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I think it beyond a reasonable doubt that I'm a fan of beer, but I'm a little weirded out that all this effort with mules and such went into a Jackie O's beer.

I mean, I've had good beer from them. But it's weird to see people chasing a whale from a brewery I used to take for granted.

Maybe it's like someone living in Grand Rapids who likes Founders just fine, but doesn't get what all the fuss is about CBS.

RyanMMWagsFTW

@Gargoyle said:
    I'm a little weirded out that all this effort with mules and such went into a Jackie O's beer.

Kinda how I feel about people chasing Beta P9 Magic cards. I'm all for spending too much money on a hobby, but at some point it's time to send a kid to college instead of buying cardboard, y'know?

RyanMMGarg