Sony Playstation 4 press conference at E3 2016

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

Welp. I just watched the best press conference I've ever seen at E3 tonight, and it was Sony. The entire nearly two-hour affair was pretty much just game footage set to live orchestral music. There were a few brief interludes with people on stage but they weren't cringey or forced or awkward.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Real Talk: The Sony demo of Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing VR missions was the thing that has sold me on a VR headset, after all my shit-talking.

UPSLynx
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

(The show starts at 27:40 in that video)

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited June 2016

Just started watching this and when they go live to the theater I was thinking to myself, what the hell do they need all that PA for? Then the orchestra started playing and I was like, oh, that's why they have 3 arrays that size for that sized venue.

Edit: Larger venue that I originally thought, but still a lot of PA for it.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Sony won by a landslide. Short (barely over an hour long), minimal talk, HUGE focus on games, good slice of VR and AAA. The complete opposite of what Microsoft showed in their presser.

Just wish they would have shown a little more love to indie titles, but eh.

Their stage setup was seriously one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The large screen with a bottom floor and background projection was just... incredible. I have no idea how they pulled that off.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited June 2016

@UPSLynx said:
    Sony won by a landslide. Short (barely over an hour long), minimal talk, HUGE focus on games, good slice of VR and AAA. The complete opposite of what Microsoft showed in their presser.

Just wish they would have shown a little more love to indie titles, but eh.

Their stage setup was seriously one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The large screen with a bottom floor and background projection was just... incredible. I have no idea how they pulled that off.

The backdrop and floor were all LED video wall. I'm pretty sure that the main screen was as well, but it had to be some ultra low pixel pitch wall to look that good.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Real talk: I saw Donny Osmond play Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in that theater.

SonorousprimesuspectUPSLynxStrikes
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2016

I clicked a link for one game in that presentation and ended up watching most of the rest of it. Really well done.

primesuspect
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

Xbox won E3

Ilriyas